I Love Stimulating Conversation

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work as a Courier/Lab guy and while the job requires me to drive for long periods of time, I love it. I meet interesting people in my line of work. I go to this Health Clinic and pick up blood and other specimens and everyday me and the receptionist have a very stimulating conversation. It all started when I said hello to her and she was reading a book. I said to her that's a great book. The book in question was a book about living your best life. So we just started talking about the book and I told her that I am into the same subjects and I threw out some titles, such as The Alchemist and Think and Grow Rich and she was like I never read them, but would be interested. But she'd have to order them. I said I have extra copies and I will give them to you, they're yours if you'd want them. She said yes. No problems. We talk all the time about books and society and whatever else. We talk about family and she's married with children and I told her about myself and she thinks it is cool to be so open minded about my sexuality. Sometimes I catch a glimpse at the time and have to go. So we say our goodbyes and off I go. I enjoy those conversations and I find myself intrigued by open minded people. I tell her to stay positive and keep her head up and she says drive safe.

Just my little story from life as a Courier/Lab guy. Maybe tomorrow we will talk about the Eckhart Tolle book a New Earth. Bye for now..

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great post. I have given copies of my favorite books for decades. If I had been smart, I would have bought duplicate copies. Instead, I end up giving my current copy and then buy just one replacement.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words. That's awesome. I did the giving my only copy and then I wanted to read said book, don't have it. So I just buy extras or I give my lone copy to someone who is really interested in them.

Reactions: BigBen

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you. I am going to look it up on Amazon and purchase it.
It's a long-distance love story, told in some nameless south American country/city at the turn of the Cs.19th/20th... it tells of the unrequited teenage love of a poor boy and a good girl. She follows her father's wishes and marries another for his better prospects while he embarks on a wild career of shagging everything that moves.

It is a beautifully constructed romance that pits and deconstructs ideas of "ideal" and "depraved" love... and the 50-year wait until the denouement is masterly, imo.

i really enjoyed it.

Reactions: kewlkid75