I luz yew = death?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, you should make sure you both know what "love" you are referring to when you both say it to each other and you mean it. What does it mean to you to "love" someone? What does love mean to the one you love?

Make sure you know so that you will know. And when you say it the other will know...and will decide for herself to say that she feels the same way.

It isn't easy to say "I love you". I never say that to anyone unless I mean it. So first make sure you both agree on what you mean by LOVE. And if you both agree about that...you both decide that you are in it...or not.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i say it when i feel it and have no problem saying it. i express how i feel when i feel it. they usually go running the other way, but i'd rather express my feelings and get rejected/ignored the rest of my life than to wonder what could've been. :wink:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i say it when i feel it and have no problem saying it. i express how i feel when i feel it. they usually go running the other way, but i'd rather express my feelings and get rejected/ignored the rest of my life than to wonder what could've been. :wink:

When you feel... "it"? Is love a feeling to just be had one day..?

"Much like the feeling of disgust I get when I see someone toss a few cookies... I felt an upchuck of love one day when I looked into my boyfriends eyes."

Is this really how it works for you?

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always said it after he said it first. I remember one who said it after a particular intense lovemaking session. I was shocked because we had been basically FWBs for at least two years. I had it settled in my mind that's all we were going to be and when he said "I love you" it threw off the whole dynamic. Just like the guys Nay-Nay spoke of, I went running.

He deserved better. I cared for him but I was never in love with him. I also wished for him to find someone who could give him the love he deserved. I saw him a couple of years later. I had met someone new and he had a child with a very nice woman who I knew loved him. I actually told him that he was lucky to have such a great lady.

It takes a lot of courage to say "I love you." I have a lot respect for anyone who has the guts to say it first. Hopefully one day I can do the same.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When you feel... "it"? Is love a feeling to just be had one day..?

"Much like the feeling of disgust I get when I see someone toss a few cookies... I felt an upchuck of love one day when I looked into my boyfriends eyes."

Is this really how it works for you?

lol. take it however you want. be disgusted with it. clearly you did not get what i meant. :wink:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol. take it however you want. be disgusted with it. clearly you did not get what i meant. :wink:

Although my example was obviously a joke, I am still interested in hearing more about your opinions (and opinions much like yours) and especially your logic in deciding when you are or aren't in love as well as what you consider love to be.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
If it's not mutual, my stomach starts doing flips even if the guy is just thinking about saying it. If it's not mutual, I can't stand to say or hear it.

I do use it on friends though, and only when I really, really, really mean it, like they are a part of me, and it hurts when they aren't in my life.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, you should make sure you both know what "love" you are referring to when you both say it to each other and you mean it. What does it mean to you to "love" someone? What does love mean to the one you love?

Make sure you know so that you will know. And when you say it the other will know...and will decide for herself to say that she feels the same way.

It isn't easy to say "I love you". I never say that to anyone unless I mean it. So first make sure you both agree on what you mean by LOVE. And if you both agree about that...you both decide that you are in it...or not.

First, I agree with Invisi. :yup:
There are different forms of love and it is best to be clear about how you feel and be able to express/explain it beyond "I love you" before saying it to anyone.

I am very open about my interest in someone, or love for them, and have absolutely no problem being the first person to express how dear they are to me in my life and how it would affect our relationship.

Generally, I say it when I feel it, but do wait for an appropriate time--like, not after an argument or when inebriated. :smile:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First, I agree with Invisi. :yup:
There are different forms of love and it is best to be clear about how you feel and be able to express/explain it beyond "I love you" before saying it to anyone.

I am very open about my interest in someone, or love for them, and have absolutely no problem being the first person to express how dear they are to me in my life and how it would affect our relationship.

Generally, I say it when I feel it, but do wait for an appropriate time--like, not after an argument or when inebriated. :smile:

There are only three types of love: Real love, friendship love (which is a subcategory of real love), and puppy love (fake ass childish love) to me. Real love is broken into two parts: friendship love, then family love (which includes relationship love IMO).

So, it's not a very complicated defintion structure IMO.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are only three types of love: Real love, friendship love (which is a subcategory of real love), and puppy love (fake ass childish love) to me. Real love is broken into two parts: friendship love, then family love (which includes relationship love IMO).

So, it's not a very complicated defintion structure IMO.
Not in my experience, there is definitely gradations in the feeling of love.
One person I was insanely, "I will fucking die without you in my life" in love, where it was like a friggin' addiction. Others, I was definitely in love, but it wasn't on that level. Maybe one other was close, but again, not the same,

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I only say it to someone who understands that the best experiences in connecting with others happen when separate and together cease to be mutually exclusive and instead become reciprocally enhancing and mutually informative.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I said it first to Stacy which really took her by surprise, she even started to cry because she was scared what would happen between us. I was scared too. I've said it in the past under circumstances that were totally wrong and I was naive to the whole idea of love. Needless to say those past situations took disasterous turns with them getting scared and running off. So when I said it to Stace I had already struck out a few times and very much nervous. It felt so right, I knew deep down it was right, but at the same time confusing. She couldn't say it back right away. It wasn't until the day I left that she said she was falling in love with me. The rest is history. :smile:

I know it's a scary thing to say, because once you do, you not only have your heart in it, but someone else's as well. The last thing you want to do is hurt someone. Done be afraid to express your feelings though, you might pass up something wonderful and you'll always be haunted by that "what if".

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I said it first to Stacy which really took her by surprise, she even started to cry because she was scared what would happen between us. I was scared too. I've said it in the past under circumstances that were totally wrong and I was naive to the whole idea of love. Needless to say those past situations took disasterous turns with them getting scared and running off. So when I said it to Stace I had already struck out a few times and very much nervous. It felt so right, I knew deep down it was right, but at the same time confusing. She couldn't say it back right away. It wasn't until the day I left that she said she was falling in love with me. The rest is history. :smile:

I know it's a scary thing to say, because once you do, you not only have your heart in it, but someone else's as well. The last thing you want to do is hurt someone. Done be afraid to express your feelings though, you might pass up something wonderful and you'll always be haunted by that "what if".
Aw, you know I love you right? If not then I've failed as a friend :hug:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not in my experience, there is definitely gradations in the feeling of love.
One person I was insanely, "I will fucking die without you in my life" in love, where it was like a friggin' addiction. Others, I was definitely in love, but it wasn't on that level. Maybe one other was close, but again, not the same,

Addiction isn't love. There ya go, solved your little confusion there.