I`m going to church...

Media
You are giving this religious bigot and hatemonger more importance than he is due. There are many religions that actually practice the Christian tenet of "love your fellow man," and are accepting of all people. Any religion that discriminates is not worth your time. Find one that accepts everyone unconditionally, and leave this hatefulness behind you.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This priest, do you know him from the past, Luka? He is an individual and maybe doesn't molest anybody. Every group has actual human beings as well as bigots and hypocrites.

If you know for certain that this priest is a problem, go ahead and tell the world.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
Well i'd guess it's not really simply the priest, but the entire system that they have set you up in, all the lies you were told as a child, the entire control on culture, all the bigorty and the fact that you may never have expressed your own opinion on the matter. It's a bit like selling a child, not just selling, forcing a child to smoke, then getting him addicted even despite his asthma, then now as an adult, the child finds out he has cancer (realizes all that he has lost and the award social situation they have put him in). I'd be furious, outraged, and I am anda I stand with the OP and I think that i should do the same, and i most probably will, certainly aim to.

As to homophobia:
Homosexuality in the Bible

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Guys, this priest is every priest! During my life I have just recently seen one priest who has condemned such actions of the church in the past.
On the other hand, just recently the archbishop of Montenegro was talking about Adam and Steve, Sodoma and Gomorah in a not such a subtle way. And what`s worse we have laws against hate speech, but nobody did anything.
I actually don`t know who the priests are in my town. Pedophilia is not common in Serbia at least we don`t hear about it much, and our priests are allowed to marry. We had one high prophile pedo priest, and he never was prosecuted.
I had a shitty day yesterday, ALL DAY, and it all started with what was right and wrong in God`s eyes and all.
I was mad.
EDIT-But I`ll do what Drifter says, next time I see a priest, I`ll tell him-I forgive you! And I hope he asks why.

Last edited:

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
EDIT-But I`ll do what Drifter says, next time I see a priest, I`ll tell him-I forgive you! And I hope he asks why.
Well all the better for him.

Personally I won' aide by any of his rules anymore, I'd state my right and go.

And I won't do it alone, i'd do it infront of the congregation, because this is what he has done over all of hte years and yet no body has put to question to any of his daily damnation. It is your right to have your own say over your own life, no body has a right to take this from you.

"If you are afraid to speak against tyranny, then you are already a slave"

Just my opinion, and I hope that it is the best. :smile:

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Luka,

Thanks for posting this. I hope it makes you feel better. My uncle was abused by a catholic priest when he was a little kid, and it has totally made his life miserable. It has also affected our whole family because many are catholic (but most in name only). I think the catholic church is a pretty disgusting organization for a lot of reasons not the least of which is how they condemn gay people.

It's unfortunate that something like that had to happen to your family member Jon, and to yourself, Luka, but I think it reckless and selfish to berate an organisation representative of billions of people based on the actions of a minute minority of individuals.

I am a practising catholic, and I have never been subject to such behaviour. That being said, my intention is not to belittle or invalidate anyone's situation, nor is it to paint a rosy picture.
I have met many many good, supportive and humble people (some of which just happen to be catholic), and those are the people whom I feel the need to speak out for.
It is so unfortunate that your main experiences of/interactions with the catholic church have been in such a negative light, but adding on what someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, forgiveness and in fact, does not come from the human forms which have claimed it.

We are all required to embrace, and if not possible, tolerate each other's differences, in a way that allows us to live in a mutually beneficial society, whether you're black, religious, atheist, agnostic, gay, or heaven forbid, catholic.

So my advice is to look at the people and not the organisation, or even the country promoting the injustice.

Once again, I do apologise on behalf of those who had no hand in your circumstance, those who want you to live freely and justly.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's unfortunate that something like that had to happen to your family member Jon, and to yourself, Luka, but I think it reckless and selfish to berate an organisation representative of billions of people based on the actions of a minute minority of individuals.
Sweet Auggie,
you have missed the point. The rant was against the organisation that provides shelter for such sick individuals.
Wheather you call it church, state, tribe...Nothing bad has happened to me, I just have a lot of rage. Cause I see such sick individuals go free, and walk free, and the system protects them.
And yet, some systems prosecute the gays and look on the other eye when it comes to pedos.

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are many churches who walk and talk as Jesus of Nazareth; he ate with and ministered to all (sinners, tax collectors)- ALL were welcome to the table. Not all Catholic churches are under the authority of the bishop of Rome.
Check out gay friendly/open churches on line.
DO NOT put all in the same category.

bobuloo200

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i dont think its right to hate all churches just because of what you've seen. its the same as them, they judge gays because of what they've seen/heard/read. I personally go to an open church, and honestly, sexuality is not the focus of christianity or any religion. its about you and god, and what anybody else does or says has nothing to do with it. If you do not believe then i completley respect you, and if you do or think you may, then you should look in to more open churches. they're not all as bad as portrayed. there are terrible people in all walks of life, but the good tend to outway the bad.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoyed the carefree early Luka
Shame we have to be realistic in life huh Matey
Direct path to JC is supposed to be the ultimate
these support trusses in between, take em or leave em
as for the Human representatives, i trust em as much as Politicians, ZERO
Still i cant talk, failed the guy twice
WOE is me'