I met Brian Batt!

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Brian Batt is the actor who played the closeted gay businessman in the TV series Mad Men, and he also had a major role in the gay-themed comedy Jeffreyl

I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and was walking down Bourbon St. where all the gay bars are clustered close together. I looked up to one of the many balconies, and there stood Brian Batt, talking to some friends.

I went up to him and began a quite nice chat with him. He was very pleasant and "real"--nothing phony or stuck up about him. He told me that New Orleans was his home. We chatted about his role in Mad Men and he told me that his character is not "dead," so there is a chance that he might return to that series. He said that Jon Hamm was quite a nice man and easy to get along with. He also mentioned that he has a book coming out soon entitled She's Not Heavy--She's My Mother. All in all, it was quite a pleasant conversation and an exciting moment for me. (I'm very star struck!)

Anyone else ever met a famous star in person? I'd love to hear about it!

thee1

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Brian Batt is the actor who played the closeted gay businessman in the TV series Mad Men, and he also had a major role in the gay-themed comedy Jeffreyl

I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and was walking down Bourbon St. where all the gay bars are clustered close together. I looked up to one of the many balconies, and there stood Brian Batt, talking to some friends.

I went up to him and began a quite nice chat with him. He was very pleasant and "real"--nothing phony or stuck up about him. He told me that New Orleans was his home. We chatted about his role in Mad Men and he told me that his character is not "dead," so there is a chance that he might return to that series. He said that Jon Hamm was quite a nice man and easy to get along with. He also mentioned that he has a book coming out soon entitled She's Not Heavy--She's My Mother. All in all, it was quite a pleasant conversation and an exciting moment for me. (I'm very star struck!)

Anyone else ever met a famous star in person? I'd love to hear about it!

I met Kevin Richardson, former Backstreet Boy, in NYC when he was doing "Chicago." I've gotta say that he is even more handsome in person. I met him during an actors' equity demonstration, and got my pic with him. When the demo was over, he walked to the corner to catch a cab, and I went up to him again and shook his hand, and we chatted for a bit.

I've met alot of the actors from several "Nightmare on Elm Street" films (Nick Corri from part 1 is hot in person, and John Saxon is still good looking at 70 or 80-something).

Also met Cal Ripken Jr. (BIG man), Robin Thicke (gorgeous in person), wrestler Shawn Michaels (another hottie), Linda Blair (she's cute and really short in person), and have attempted to meet Janet Jackson during several CD signings, but have only managed to get her autograph.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Adam Carrolla and Dr. Drew Pinski came to the University of Kentucky a few years ago when their "Loveline" show was on both radio and television. I got up to the mike and asked a question about how to confront my friend's frequent drug use, and the two gave me a straight-up genuine answer about being direct and voicing my concern. Suffice it to say, my friend graduated shortly thereafter and I never got a chance to confront him.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jeff Bridges, Arnold Schwarznegger, Robert Englund, Sally Field, Roger Mosley,Flannie Flagg, Robert Gilliland, Ed Bagley Jr. and John David Carson.

Shouldn't this be somewhere other than "celebrity endowments?" :rolleyes:

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since it hasn't been moved...I'll add others I have met. Carol Channing, Harve Presnell, Guy Ralston, Larry Kurt, Vincent Price, Roger Williams, Neal McCoy, Sammy Kershaw, Aaron Tippin and Celest Holmes.

Not trying to impress but it was a thrill meeting each and everyone of them.

johhnnyt

Experimental Member
Media
I had dinner with Green Day back in July. Was sitting at the bar at Outback waiting for food, and four guys came in, and sat next to me. There was only one other person at the bar that day and a few minutes later heard him telling someone "honey, you're not going to believe this but I'm sitting at the bar with Green Day", he left shortly thereafter, but I enjoyed the next hour or two taliking to them. Nice guys. It was nice that the other people left them alone and just let them eat in peace.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Harve Presnell is packing from what is visible in Molly Brown.

We were already in rehearsal for "Oklahoma" when he arrived at the theatre, having just been picked up at the airport. When Harve came through the door (we had been told the car had just driven up), he was introduced and the first thing he said "man, I've got to get out of this fag tie." Everyone laughed but I always wondered about that expression.

BTW, he played "Curly" and was a real down-to-earth person. I didn't spot a bulge but we were so busy up to opening night, I had no time to check.

I have the DVD of "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" and I've watched it several times but not against at another look - especially since I now have a larger screen TV.

Last edited: