I miss early morning cartoons, adult shows SUCK

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, Sep 28, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Other than CNN, the History, Biography, and Discovery channels I can't really find any quality programming for adults. I don't really watch TV anymore cuz all I ever find is empty-headed blondes arguing about who's friends with who and obnoxious black women screaming about everything and 96 year old rappers groping young, trampy women in hot tubs.

WTF?!

So I was just remembering how excited I USED to be to turn on the TV on Saturday morning and even school-day mornings. We had Doug, Rugrats, Woody Woodpecker, Huey, Aah Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Nickelodeon was the shit back in the day. I liked that show Hey Dude too with all those cute guys livin' on the ranch.

TV sucks now.

Why pay for cable?

Thank God for Netflix.

Rant over.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Have kids. :wink:

3. D_percypenguin

D_percypenguin Account Disabled

or buy an anti-aging device and go back to being a kid

4. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a 4 year old niece and she has me addicted to Dora the Explorer. Come on vamonos! Everybody let's go! Swiper no swiping!

What I wouldn't give if I could.

5. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    whoa, i was just talking about this with my friend yesterday. We both used to devour cartoons when we were younger. I loved Doug. That was always one of my real favorites even if most kids just didn't get it. Plus, Rocko was the shit! I happened to catch an episode of it a while back and i had no idea how adult it was! I think in the same episode, Mrs. Bighead called to have phone sex with Rocko. lol.

plus, i miss "Hey, Arnold". That show was just hilarious. Helga punching that creepy wheezing kid who used to sneak up on her never got old to me. :p

but there were other cartoons like X-Men and Batman: The Animated Series on other networks which used to cause me to wake my tired ass up on Saturday.

ah, crap. now i'm going to be searching online for episodes.

6. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    You may have "Psychoanalytical Regression Syndrome".

Symptoms of PARS may include a strong urge to return to the anal phase and in its last stage to the mother's womb.

Bon voyage!

7. Troykin

Troykin New Member

I did. There are 8 of them, 6 have left home already and there are now 13 grandchildren as well. All of this makes me appreciate the mindless warmth which television even in and with all of its mediocrity can afford me.

To the O.P. I only occasionally miss the morning cartoons. When the children were growing up I used to spend time watching with them and eventually must have suffered an O.D. of them because now they bore me except for SpongeBob. The adult shows are a hit and miss. I enjoy some and detest others.

8. Axcess

Gold Member

I hate most of the today TV . The only stuff worth watching are the discovery channels.

9. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    You may have "I turn a website about big dicks into a psycho-analysis session syndrome." Symptoms of Itawabdiapas include taking light-hearted threads and creating a diagnosis.

Go get help!:tongue:

And what about Gummi (or was it Dummi?) bears where they drank that juice and started bouncing around? Fuckin' awesome.

10. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hell I still watch ninja turtles on the weekend. But you should check out shows like, The office, Weeds, How I met your mother, My Name is earl, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Arrested Development, Heros, Life. There is alot of good stuff out there just need to check it out and avoid anything that has a street name/ Neighborhood region; Hills, 90210, etc.

11. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    You betta' get outta here, Weeds is that shit! I STILL haven't seen the second season, I'm dying to find out what happens with Silas being caught and Nancy facing 2 gangs, but it's on my netflix queue.

LOVE Arrested Development, especially when the mom was trying to run Tobias over. "Let's give him a scare" and when he dressed up as Mrs. Featherbottom. "How would you like a pecker in the mouth?"

Draft saved Draft deleted