I need advice

Dennes

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello guys, so i need different perspectives on a relationship dilemma that I'm having issues navigating. I have limited experience is dating so pardon me i sound naive. It's going to be a lengthy post so i apologise in advance

I'm 23 years old, currently living in a homophobic country so the dating pool is really small. I realised sooner in life that the Modern styles of dating like hook ups / friends with benefits or one night stands aren't the thing for me because of 2 reasons; first, I don't really enjoy sexual activity with people i dont have feelings for and secondly, it always seems to end up in a messy situationship. I've already had 2 messy situationships and they have been tiring. I have never had a boyfriend and i really want to experience that so i decided that even though I'm younger and I'm supposed to be dating and having fun, i want something more stable and committed because it seems like that is what is ideal for me.

Is 2021 while on a program, I met a guy under very messy circumstances,( he used to hook up with a friend of mine and when it fizzled out he kinda quickly moved on to me which i think is a red flag tbh ).

Honestly, i dont know if it is because at the moment i am really wanting for a relationship or if i actually developed feelings for him because we are actually quite compatible in very many aspects, like we just "fit" and he is caring towards me and has virtually everything i'd want in a partner but after about a month of "just talking" , I told him i liked him and wanted something more serious going foward and i wasn't interested in just being fuckbudies basically , he said the feelings were mutual in all respects and I believed him because he actually almost acts like my boyfriend so i thought he liked me but apparently not enough cuz ......About 2 weeks later we had another convo and he flipped the script on me and said he just wanted a fling and that's all that he is available for. It stung but i accepted it and told him that we weren't on the same page and it was better we stopped further communication

Well, months have passed and despite the conversation we had, we eventually went sexual and pretty much ended up becoming another situationship because no matter how many times I tell him I don't want a hook up he looks for ways to get my attention and I allow it and next thing you know we're messaging all day again and fooling around, this circle went on until December last year and I have refused to respond to his messages this time because I couldn't believe i had just spent the entire 2022 playing boyfriends with a guy that wasn't my boyfriend. Would laugh, talk bicker, fight , make out and care for each other like boyfriends. I felt like I wasted all that effort on something that wasn't.

The problem is, i keep thinking about him and his kisses and i know its normal to miss him and crave things but, on the one hand i feel played because he approached me and i was very upfront about what i wanted from the beginning but he wasn't and he has refused to respect my bounderies by continuing to initiate things but on the other hand i wonder if i was too foward and rigid with my rules. After all, I'm young and I should be dating around right? BTW I'm not meeting anyone new.

So should i just enjoy what he's ready to give which is anything but a relationship or should i stick to my rules with the fear that he just wants me around till he finds someone he actually wants to be with? What do you think i should do pleassse

Sorry for the long post and thanks for your response

Reactions: unknownppl

unknownppl

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well you are no te only person in the world that can't have sex with a person that they don't love, my best friend have the same point of view and he suffers like you do. His only medicine was to look forward and try things seriously with other persons, it's not an easy process but it's the best. You should block him and try not to interact with him anymore, it sounds very bad but it's the only solution. All of this should be accompanied with therapy 'cause this experience could be harmful for future relationships.
Hope you are doing okay and I send you so much luck to go through this.

Reactions: Dennes

Dennes

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well you are no te only person in the world that can't have sex with a person that they don't love, my best friend have the same point of view and he suffers like you do. His only medicine was to look forward and try things seriously with other persons, it's not an easy process but it's the best. You should block him and try not to interact with him anymore, it sounds very bad but it's the only solution. All of this should be accompanied with therapy 'cause this experience could be harmful for future relationships.
Hope you are doing okay and I send you so much luck to go through this.
Thank you for sharing your friends experience,

I guess the reasons why I h6avnt blocked he's number yet is because I don't want enemity between us and maybe i am also unconsciously holding on the the hope that he maybe change his mind because im scared that I won't meet anyone else considering that it's even hard for people who live in Liberal countries to meet people talkless of me who lives in Conservative country. But your right,I have to put an end to this permanently.

Reactions: unknownppl