I need help!!

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Go out and as the saying goes, slay some dragons. When, and if, marriage calls, there'll be no doubts in your heart.

Good point. I know plenty of people who got married really early (many to the first person they had sex with), and down the road a lot of them cheated on their partners. You really shouldn't commit to sleeping with only one person for the rest of your life if you're already thinking you might need to get it elsewhere.

Media
Good point. I know plenty of people who got married really early (many to the first person they had sex with), and down the road a lot of them cheated on their partners. You really shouldn't commit to sleeping with only one person for the rest of your life if you're already thinking you might need to get it elsewhere.

I agree its still a lot I want to do sexually and I know I won't be happy until I do it so marriage is not a option for me right now.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OK - The first thing is not to listen to people on here who tell you to suck it up and masturbate, or conversely to people who try to give you tricks to make her respond to you.

The fact is, as you point out, that you are only 18. Sex is a hugely important part of your life as a young man. It is not separate from love. It is part of love. A marriage or a long relationship without enough sex is, for someone your age, is a disfunctional relationship, period. It is the very definition of incompatibility.

Why is your girlfriend sexually less interested now. That is hard to guess. But I will tell you that it is not uncommon in relationships. Sexual interest can decrease, in both partners, over a few years. In the beginning, the heat from the romance is so strong, that sexual drive is almost continuous. After a while, for one or both partners, other interests and anxieties can take over, sex can become less easy to access. For women, arousal is a key element of having sex. From what she says, your girlfriend is having trouble finding ways of getting aroused, now that the romantic heat of the first months has faded. This is HER problem. If she doesn't want to solve it, there is very little that you can do, no matter how much you love her.

Another issue is biological. Your sexual drive is at its height now in your late teens. Hers, or that of most women, is growing until her mid thirties. There is a certain incompatibility built into your bodies. In my teens, I almost always dated older women for that very reason. I was wildly sexual. So were they.

So what to do. If you two were older and you could handle it, I might suggest trying to open your sex to another male partner or two. That often makes the woman feel desirable and adds a lot of heat to your sex life, for both of you. But you have to be open to that kind of thing, and that may take living a few more years. I think, given your age, that you should take her lack of interest as a sign that things are not going to work well in the future. Resentments store up and turn into fights and coldness. You have lots of time to find other lovers, and better matches. It will hurt, but all growth does. It is most likely best to move on.

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sounds like she is confused. It sounds a lot like she isn't as interested now, as bad as that sounds. I hate it when this happens, and it has happened to me. My favourite part of a relationship is the first few months when it is hot and amazingly intimate, both emotionally and sexually.

When this dies it really upsets me. Maybe you are just settling and you are confused because you aren't ready to settle.

1 of 2 ways. She is confused and maybe questioning how happy she is, or you should look at why you aren't happy just with her?

Either way the sex life is important and this really needs fixing.

At.your.cervix

Superior Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes we fall into the trap of what I call "scripted expectations" in a relationship. We can get an idealized scenario stuck in our heads, as to how we want our lives to be, and our partners to act, and when things don't happen "according to the script" we can feel let down and unsatisfied in that aspect of our lives.

It sounds like your girlfriend is feeling unsatisfied about your love life due to those unrealized idealized expectaions, wanting your intimacy "just to happen naturally," unlike how it seems to occur between you two lately. That said, you too may be experiencing unrealized idealized expectations, perhaps of her wanting to jump your bones at every opportunity, as she once might have at the early stages of your sexual relationship with each other. What you two need to do is really talk with each other about your erotic desires and dreams, and see how you can move a bit closer to making those dreams a reality. Even if you never fully actualize each other's intimate desires, just knowing that each other is wanting to make the other fulfilled, and really working to that outcome, can make a tremendous impact on the overall health of your relationship. Honest.

I hope that helps.

markw

Just Browsing
Media
Just GTFO that relationship

You are 18!!!! You are a kid. Get out and travel, explore, make mistakes. Dont get fucking married out even waste any time with anyone who is causing you grief - aint worth it.

Listen, before you know it you'll be 28. Then 38. Then 48.. This is the best advice you'll ever get, trust me.

Media
Just GTFO that relationship

You are 18!!!! You are a kid. Get out and travel, explore, make mistakes. Dont get fucking married out even waste any time with anyone who is causing you grief - aint worth it.

Listen, before you know it you'll be 28. Then 38. Then 48.. This is the best advice you'll ever get, trust me.
;

Thats what it looks like is gonna have to happen.

Luvhmlrg

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IMO you are too young to be in a serious or long term relationship. You need to go out and have some fun, lots and lots of fun. Make sure you always wear a condom, until you are ready to be a daddy.

Media
IMO you are too young to be in a serious or long term relationship. You need to go out and have some fun, lots and lots of fun. Make sure you always wear a condom, until you are ready to be a daddy.

I will definately wear one but its just a tough situation to be in. I care for her a lot but I know I won't be happy until I've had my fun with other girls. I guess I just have to man up though and just move on...

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just going to say that it sounds to me like she's trying to tell you that you need to improve your seduction technique, but if you broke up with her, I suppose it's too late. I suppose she wasn't that important to you, or else you wouldn't have done it.

It's too bad that all these guys are telling you that you shouldn't be in a committed relationship because of your age. I would never give that advice. One of the best relationships I've ever had started when I was 15. Short-sighted people kept advising him to break up with me just because they thought he was too young. He did once, and deeply regretted it. He even apologized to me again just two years ago, apropos of nothing. Eighteen is too young for some men, but for him it wasn't too young for him to carry the burden of regret for the next 20 years.

Last edited:
Media
I was just going to say that it sounds to me like she's trying to tell you that you need to improve your seduction technique, but if you broke up with her, I suppose it's too late. I suppose she wasn't that important to you, or else you wouldn't have done it.

It's too bad that all these guys are telling you that you shouldn't be in a committed relationship because of your age. I would never give that advice. One of the best relationships I've ever had started when I was 15. Short-sighted people kept advising him to break up with me just because they thought he was too young. He did once, and deeply regretted it. He even apologized to me again just two years ago, apropos of nothing. Eighteen is too young for some men, but for him it wasn't too young for him to carry the burden of regret for the next 20 years.

The thing is I just know I won't be happy until I accomplish a few sexual goals and I didn't won't to cheat on her even though I basically have already. She wants to marry me and have my kids but i'm at a stage where I just really want to have fun

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The thing is I just know I won't be happy until I accomplish a few sexual goals and I didn't won't to cheat on her even though I basically have already. She wants to marry me and have my kids but i'm at a stage where I just really want to have fun

Well, then you've chosen what is more important to you. There's nothing wrong with that.

You know a lot more about your life than any of us on the internet do, so there's really no way for any of us to give you the best advice, we can only offer suggestions based on a general idea of your situation. You know better than any of us if you should stay or if you should leave her.

I just wanted to say that what's best for someone else at 18 might not be the best thing for you at 18. We're all unique, even 18 year old men. I mean that generally. I'm not specifically referring to you breaking up with your girlfriend.

Media
Well, then you've chosen what is more important to you. There's nothing wrong with that.

You know a lot more about your life than any of us on the internet do, so there's really no way for any of us to give you the best advice, we can only offer suggestions based on a general idea of your situation. You know better than any of us if you should stay or if you should leave her.

I just wanted to say that what's best for someone else at 18 might not be the best thing for you at 18. We're all unique, even 18 year old men. I mean that generally. I'm not specifically referring to you breaking up with your girlfriend.

Yeah I understand what your saying. It's just a all around shitty situation to be in but I guess thats life

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not that shitty. Incompatibility will happen a bunch of times before you find your real match. Keep looking and learning and enjoying. Petit may have had a great relationship when she was very young, but she is not you, as she says... and if you were not having sex, you didn't have a great relationship. Keep on going. It will hurt. It will heal.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and if you were not having sex, you didn't have a great relationship.

I wanted to address this. In a long term relationship, things change all the time. Not having sex right now doesn't mean that you aren't in a great relationship. It's means that you're in an imperfect one, and they're all imperfect, but that doesn't mean that it can't also be great, too. And he didn't say that he wasn't having sex, he said he wasn't having sex as frequently as he wanted. It honestly sounded like she was attempting to let him know gently that his seduction technique sucks.

Before the OP posted that he had broken up with her, I was going to tell him about how me and TheBoyfriend went through a period of time where we were having communication problems with sex and it sounded similar to the OP's description. I wanted to have sex with him, but the way he came on to me turned me off, so we weren't having much sex at all and I wasn't happy with the situation either. Long story short, when we worked through those problems, our relationship became the best sexual relationship I've ever had. We had better, wilder, and more satisfying sex than I've ever had with any previous partner. I asked TheBF once if he ever told his friends about our crazy awesome sex, he said that he didn't do that, and even if he did, he couldn't because his friends would hate him because they would be so envious. I wouldn't be with him today if I had broken up with him instead of working it out, because we had been together for a few years and our sex life had waned, and I really would have missed out on a wonderful man, a great partner, and an absolutely fantastic lover.

I don't know how important his girlfriend was to the OP or how much he cared for her, but if he really did deeply care about her and love her and he wasn't willing to work through an issue like that with her, he's never going to have a satisfying relationship in his entire life.

I wrote what I wrote before because I think it's terrible advice to tell every young man that every 18 year old on earth need to be single and slutty, because that's what they're expected to do. What if a 18 year old man has already found someone who makes him happy? That doesn't come along every day. It's actually quite difficult to find. Just take a look around LPSG. The man who apologized to me did so because he was told a fairy tale about how great it would be to be young and single and sleeping with lots of women and instead he was miserable. If only people had supported him instead of encouraging him to make bad decisions because 18 year old men aren't "supposed" to have serious girlfriends. I don't know if that describes the OP. Given how little he has written about how he feels about her, I doubt that's the case here, but none of us can really know that. I just don't think young men should be treated like they're all expected to fit into the same mold.

Last edited: