I need Laundry tips

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you can get a bottle of Forever New Forever New: Fabric Care Wash - Clean Clothes Safely & Gently! It truly keeps your colors and fabrics "Forever New" If it's really delicate turn it inside out and wash it inside of a cheesecloth or mesh bag and dry it flat on a towel.
This is really good advice. I wash my bras (and shamefully my stockings -- so LAZY!) in mesh bags. I will go back to table drying things when we move to the next place. I need my own laundry room again.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I wash everything cold/cold....saves energy and it does the same as using warm or hot water...soap kills the bacteria.

I would actually recommend with that material to hand wash in the sink. Just fill up your sink and had some liquid laundry detergent and gently swish the water in circular motions, let soak for a about 10-15 mins, then swish again....run fresh water ..then fill up with clean water and let soak again. Once you have all of the soap out, lay flat in a towel to absorb the water pressing on it occationally. Then you can flat flat to dry

Hope this helps!

Thank you that really is great advice! :redface:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
i use the 'jam as much as i can into the washer, throw in soap, spin the dial until water starts flowing, go play video games' method.

of course i dress like a laundry pile to begin with :redface:

I always had a thing for scruffy girls.... my first kiss with a woman was with a girl who listened to Nine Inch Nails and dressed like a junky. She was so hot though. :tongue:

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
This new place I just moved into had all the appliance 'fixins pre-installed... First load of laundry with these uber Bosch machines was :eek:

Silly Germans gave the frickin' washer 15 preset cycles to choose from, and the dryer sounds like it's about to take off for Munich with my small clothes so they can be examined. :bigeyes2:

Took me a week to figure out why they would sometimes work, and other times not... stupid pre-programmed time delay to automatically start a cycle at night to save electricity... dials, buttons, LED screen... SKYNET etc.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I *suck* at doing laundry (aka operating the junk to do the work for me). This is why I buy clothes made of easy to wash materials :sly:

So don't despair, hilaire! I would have either destroyed your shirt by now, or asked my mom how to, or to wash it for me. :lick::lmao:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not a Women's Issue! You should know better Hil. We already have six reports about this thread! :biggrin:

I know what causes pilling. The cure I applied I applied is expensive through. After losing a couple of heavy knitted Musto pullovers to incurable pilling, I looked it up. The holes in the tub of washing machines suck the fibres in when it's on spin cycle. After a few washings you get pills forming and the machine keeps sucking on them until are big ugly fibre carbuncles.

So I now use a Miele machine with a smooth stainless steel drum and micro-tiny holes. No more pills, less soap, less water and it's super quiet. It's a wonderful and simple machine. I love it as much as my Ducati.

Hil, turn it inside out, wash it on cold and a slow spin with some like coloured cotton shirts and hang it to dry or leave it flat on a towel. I don't own and won't use a tumble drier. They ruin clothing.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
This new place I just moved into had all the appliance 'fixins pre-installed... First load of laundry with these uber Bosch machines was :eek:

Silly Germans gave the frickin' washer 15 preset cycles to choose from, and the dryer sounds like it's about to take off for Munich with my small clothes so they can be examined. :bigeyes2:

Took me a week to figure out why they would sometimes work, and other times not... stupid pre-programmed time delay to automatically start a cycle at night to save electricity... dials, buttons, LED screen... SKYNET etc.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I *suck* at doing laundry (aka operating the junk to do the work for me). This is why I buy clothes made of easy to wash materials :sly:

So don't despair, hilaire! I would have either destroyed your shirt by now, or asked my mom how to, or to wash it for me. :lick::lmao:

Those infernal machines! Mine sound similar to yours, they're very good but not easy to figure out at first. :tongue:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Not a Women's Issue! You should know better Hil. We already have six reports about this thread! :biggrin:

I know what causes pilling. The cure I applied I applied is expensive through. After losing a couple of heavy knitted Musto pullovers to incurable pilling, I looked it up. The holes in the tub of washing machines suck the fibres in when it's on spin cycle. After a few washings you get pills forming and the machine keeps sucking on them until are big ugly fibre carbuncles.

So I now use a Miele machine with a smooth stainless steel drum and micro-tiny holes. No more pills, less soap, less water and it's super quiet. It's a wonderful and simple machine. I love it as much as my Ducati.

Hil, turn it inside out, wash it on cold and a slow spin with some like coloured cotton shirts and hang it to dry or leave it flat on a towel. I don't own and won't use a tumble drier. They ruin clothing.

BAN ME! I Dare ya! :eek::biggrin1:

OMG I must own that miele machine!!!!!!!!! I'm green with envy! (did we just man-up this thread with gadgetry? It must towed to a more testosterone fueled environment instantly) :biggrin1:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Washes everything in cold/cold even whites and uses liquid fabric softener. I would line dry if I had a clothes line but I don't so most things are tumbled dry unless is a sweater then it's dried flat on whatever surface is available.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
.... I need a wife. :eek:(
I've thought the same. We could share?

Will I really need the shirt tomorrow? Can't we just have an executive duvet day? :tongue:
Duvet day with a full programme of naked frolics....and olives...don't think I've forgotten about the olives. :cool:

vince, I challenge you to a Miele-off.

hilaire, you need to judge the vinceMiele vs the curiousMiele. :cool:

What's a Ducati between friends?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
BAN ME! I Dare ya! :eek::biggrin1:

OMG I must own that miele machine!!!!!!!!! I'm green with envy! (did we just man-up this thread with gadgetry? It must towed to a more testosterone fueled environment instantly) :biggrin1:
Men always have the answers to women's issues. I learned that on LPSG.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Duvet day with a full programme of naked frolics....and olives...don't think I've forgotten about the olives. :cool:

hilaire, you need to judge the vinceMiele vs the curiousMiele. :cool:

What's a Ducati between friends?

Olives find their way into navels, this I know from experience. I believe you have a spectacular navel...

Men always have the answers to women's issues. I learned that on LPSG.

Tru fax.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ahem....forgive me for jumping into this section....but....please ladies, let's all encourage him to leave his shirt off! :tongue:

Although not even acknowledged, this is the best suggestion yet :wink:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wash all my delicates - lingerie, fine fabric shirts etc. in a zipped lingerie bag on a delicate setting of my machine with the water on cold.
I also use pure soap flakes (Lux flakes).
I then dry them flat. Tumble drying tends to do bad things to delicates and line drying stretches them out of shape and I get peg indents in the fabric.
Handing them on a clothes hanger wet while line drying stretches out the shoulders.

For pilling I just use uber cheap disposable razors.

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
YES! I usually find them in drug stores. Sometimes I see them in the travel section near the folding blow dryers and outlet adapters. I found one for you on the UK Amazon site. You should look around though, this seems overpriced. I think 12 pounds is about $20 here; I never have paid more than $10. I have seen them for $14, and definitely would not pay more than that.

i just use a disposable razor, seems fine.

For a delicate item as it sounds just give it a wash by hand in the sink in cool water, and roll in a towel to squeeze water out without wringing it and scrumpling/tearing it, I have a tissue t shirt and it works fine for this, hang on hanger in front of a fan or open window..should dry in no time :)

I like to use those shower gels that match perfumes to do hand washing sometimes, the ones you get as freebies when you buy perfume, they're too scented usually I find but make clothes smell nice :)