I need some help, I'm meeting a guy IRL this Friday and am scared.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BirdinMo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    So first off let me say this is not some I contacted him/he contacted me we are meeting after 2 E-mails sort of thing. We have been talking for about a year now and have talked on the phone/webcam. Well he will be in my area this Friday and we have agreed to meet IRL. We set it up so we are meeting in a public place with no expectations of sex or anything. Yet I'm still scared, alot. I have never met anyone from the internet before in my life. What I find funny is I have no problem camming with him or even jacking on cam with/for him and yet I'm scared to just get togather with him and have lunch. Any help/tips?

2. YoungHungMachine

Um good luck... Idk if you're wanting to date him or just bend over and take it... Just pretend ur online with him man.

3. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    Hmmm, I never thought of it like that. No, no dating at all. We are just friends. Maybe just thinking of it as old friends catching up will help me some.

4. YoungHungMachine

Surely will, where you at in MO anyhow? Im in Joplin myself.

5. koval

Gold Member

Friends who cam online to each other ;)

I too am meeting an online friend later in May when he comes over to Ireland. I've never met him in real life and have chatted to him over the net for the last 2 years. But to make it a neutral setting I have chosen a nice Italian restuarant were we can chat and have a nice meal as well.

6. hud01

Gold Member

if you are meeting in a public place relax it will all be good.

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I've met a lot of people "irl" I first met on line including my bf of five years (who I'd talked to on the phone for 6 months before 'we met') and I haven't had a bad experience yet. You know him reasonably well already, assuming you've been honest and he has as well. I think you're having normal jitters.

In the worst case scenario and if for some reason you choose not to take it any further, or if his expectations exceed yours, treat it as you would any other date. You're entitled to any boundaries you want to set. Try to relax, though, and enjoy yourself and him and see where it goes.

8. hud01

Gold Member

good response

9. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Scared? Or nervous? Scared he might be some psycho, or nervous you won't live up to your on-line persona?

I've never had any trouble with anyone I've decided to meet from the internet. Apart from the no-shows.

You've been communicating with him for a year now, you should have a pretty good idea of what he's like and how well you get on.

Actually, I think you should be more worried about becoming trapped in cyber-space. I've come across plenty of guys who are on-line all the time but never want to meet IRL. It's understandable if you're stuck somewhere isolated, but I prefer to use the net as a tool to enhance real life rather than a substitute for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted