I need tips on approaching women

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Try :
I can't help myself but I have to say how beautiful you look. I hope I was not too forward in saying that. I actually feel a bit embarrassed even doing this. By the way my name is______. If you are married or have a boy friend he must be the luckiest man. I know if I had you by my side you would be IT for me.
She has to blush by this statement. Lavishing mild compliments and putting her first makes any first encounter attractive.
If she responds to any part of this then you have her and then you can ask her out for a drink or Starbucks.
Or even
I know a great place we can go to chat and get to know each other better.
walk a little with her as you seal the deal.

If you EVER see a girl and you are looking like real shit after a hard day at work and you remotely smell bad please do not approach. Good hygiene is important.
If you find her attractive she has to find you attractive as well.
Women are all about physical beauty. Good looks. Women love handsome men ( or how ever they they like their man ). Good physique, but don't over play that shit. Be humble.
If you don't have the full package then you better have good charm.
Best of luck.
I'm a gay man and it works for me when I want to meet a man. And it works.
But now I"m settled down. I just have to work on the one I love.

Not all women are about physical beauty. Sure, attraction is what gets the ball rolling, but not what keeps it in this woman's court. I find it funny that someone who is 100 percent gay is answering to straight man on how to pick up straight women. Do you have a lot of experience with that? Maybe you have. Maybe you haven't always been gay.

I would probably roll my eyes if some guy I didn't know came up to me and started complimenting me out of the blue. Esp. the line about the husband/bf being the luckiest man.

Lavishing mild compliments and putting her first makes any first encounter attractive.

Not true at all.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tactics are so beneath me.

When I walk up to a woman only 1 of 2 things is going to happen. 1 we are going to fuck. 2 we arent

If you approach enough women eventually both will come to pass.

Everything in between is just you conveying you arent going to kill/rape/maim/Disese/or otherwise stalk her

From the tenor of your posts here, I'm guessing #2 happens a lot.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In all seriousness, why would someone be insulted by that? A guy gets the courage to come over and give a girl a compliment with the threat of rejection hanging over his head and instead of the girl showing an ounce of appreciation, they are insulted? I'd never use a line like that, but still, it's like exhibit A in why I don't approach women. Not only do you have to worry about being rejected, you have to worry about offending them when giving them a compliment while asking them out.

I can't answer for all women, but I can answer for myself. If I'm out and a guy I don't know approaches me and starts complimenting me right off the bat, it does put me off big time. It seems disingenuous to me. And I automatically think that it's a line or a ploy. And that throws my walls up automatically. I'd much rather him make me laugh or make a comment about something going on. But that's just me.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't answer for all women, but I can answer for myself. If I'm out and a guy I don't know approaches me and starts complimenting me right off the bat, it does put me off big time. It seems disingenuous to me. And I automatically think that it's a line or a ploy. And that throws my walls up automatically. I'd much rather him make me laugh or make a comment about something going on. But that's just me.

Well if you look at the original post I was making reference to, that poster's compliments were directed towards a woman's physcial looks. If that's the kind of compliments you are talking about here, don't you see a little bit of irony in that?

Like if a guy was to approach a woman he doesn't know, it's probably a 99% chance he is approaching her based upon physcial attraction. Why else would a guy approach a girl he doesn't know? It's not like he knows what her personality is like. But instead of mentioning any of his motivation for walking over to ask a girl out (that being your looks which caught his interest), he has to talk about something entirely different such as, "making you laugh or comment on what's going on". Isn't that in a sense more disingenuous because he is hiding or not being up front for his initial reason for approaching you? Not trying to change your thinking or anything, but just throwing something out there.

I'm saying this because as someone who rides the metro to work every day and sees tons of hot women on there, my first thought if I was to engage in conversation with one of them is to tell them how attractive I think they are. Not that I've ever done that or would ever do that, because in part I know they wouldn't look at it too kindly. Yet I can't explain why they would feel that way. Cause I know if some random girl came up to and gave me a physical compliment, I'd be grateful and appreciative of it.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well if you look at the original post I was making reference to, that poster's compliments were directed towards a woman's physcial looks. If that's the kind of compliments you are talking about here, don't you see a little bit of irony in that?

Like if a guy was to approach a woman he doesn't know, it's probably a 99% chance he is approaching her based upon physcial attraction. Why else would a guy approach a girl he doesn't know? It's not like he knows what her personality is like. But instead of mentioning any of his motivation for walking over to ask a girl out (that being your looks which caught his interest), he has to talk about something entirely different such as, "making you laugh or comment on what's going on". Isn't that in a sense more disingenuous because he is hiding or not being up front for his initial reason for approaching you? Not trying to change your thinking or anything, but just throwing something out there.

I'm saying this because as someone who rides the metro to work every day and sees tons of hot women on there, my first thought if I was to engage in conversation with one of them is to tell them how attractive I think they are. Not that I've ever done that or would ever do that, because in part I know they wouldn't look at it too kindly. Yet I can't explain why they would feel that way. Cause I know if some random girl came up to and gave me a physical compliment, I'd be grateful and appreciative of it.

To me, no. Why else would a guy come up to me if he wasn't attracted? I see what you're saying.

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you see a woman you think looks cool and you would like to hang out with... just keep that in mind. Smile. Say hi, introduce yourself. Smile. Smile again.

Don't think anything about whether or not she is going to sleep with you, kiss you, anything sexual. Remember that this is someone who looks cool and you wanted to get to know her. Smile. Ask her a few questions. LISTEN TO WHAT SHE IS SAYING and reply appropriately. Smile* Remember, your goal is to make a friend with someone who looks cool and you would like to hang out with, NOT to figure out whether or not she will fuck you. She will decide that and anything you say that is cheesy, weird, insincere or smarmy will lessen the chances of her liking you let alone fucking you.

*Be sure your teeth are in decent shape before all this fucking smiling.

Good luck.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
It would be far easier to start a friendly chatting about the vegetables you are both shopping for or books you are browsing or whatever.

Deffo!:smile: They look nice can I squeeze them? Wow feel how firm my banana is. No?:frown1:

It sounds like you have mild empathy issues mate - this is quite typical for people near the Asperger's range. There's not a lot that you can do about it. You also seem to be a little obsessed with the goal, & not the game. That's also a problem along the same lines - though of course this might not be your issue at all.

That said, I can remember being upset about not being able to pick up positive cues from girls when I was a teen. It transpired that it was because there weren't any.:mad: LOL

YOU HAVE TO FLIRT!:rolleyes::wink:

Flirtation may not lead anywhere at all. It's not a means to an ends, but being comfortable with it will get you far.

I seem to recall that you didn't pick up cues from a girl on your bed! That is not really transferable to women elsewhere. Just because you see a pretty girl doesn't mean that not asking her out has blown your chances. The chance never arose. Unless you are already in some sort of conversation - asking for girl's numbers is stalker like behaviour.

Do you want to be that guy? The kind that women go "Oh no he's coming over?".

I've really thought this over, & think that for what you want, your absolute best line & set up - especially if she's alone is -

[keeping a decent space -walk over - get eye contact, smile (& use your hands subtly to illustrate your words)] -& say " Hi" [pause -then a slight sigh - look down, then look back at her] "I'm XXXX &" [pause]" I'm quite shy "[look away - pause - look back] " but I saw you from over there" [point & look there- look back]" & thought - wow! [slight pause, nice direct eye contact, & a broad smile breaking out] [look down]" And I "[look back at her eyes] "thought that if I had the guts to do anything to day - ah", [at this point you're trying to get her name,& you're pausing till you get it, so your eyes should then be wide open & your hand raised & open too, then hopefully she'll say it -if she does (e.g Tina) smile again & say her name with a nod, look down, look back up at her ] "Tina "[broad smile - & maintaining eye contact]-" I thought that if I had the guts to do anything to day - it would be to come over here & ask you" [slight pause] "if you'd like to come & grab a cup of coffee with me" [still smiling but looking bashful, then a slight laugh & broad rueful grin - if she doesn't say yes, or looks like she might be about to say no - only then continue] "At some point- though I'm good to go now!" [big smile again, laugh, arms apart, palms up showing that your not an enemy].

This is at least genuine, non confrontational, & well within socially acceptable boundaries almost anywhere. The pitch is somewhere between Hugh Grant & George Clooney - though he really doesn't need a line!

If you go to bars & clubs, go up to the bar where women are, order a drink, & while waiting, look at them from one to another & strike up a conversation about something that you have noticed in or outside of the establishment. If not - make it up e.g "wow, did you see that guy outside with the gold lame jacket on trying to get in" - they say no -"it was mad, I thought there was some bizarre dress code on tonight - but it seems willy wonka had escaped & was looking for the Oompa oompas. Thank God, I thought I feel well under dressed - oh btw I'm xxxx & you are..." If at that point they're very interested you could buy them a drink, if it's only so so say " anyway girls, I've got to go & find my friends, I'll see you later".

The whole point is to get noticed, & make women feel safe around you. In no time, you'll know quite a few women's names, & can say hello to them, where things might develop, & by you talking to women - other women will notice you. This shit actually works. I used to work really unsocial hours, & often went out on my own - within 2 nights or weeks of going somewhere, you know enough people anyway. The key is to keep on drifting on - eventually you can make some good friends & meet women, & even if people ask you the next time where your friends are - just say, they're not here - I had such a good time, & met such good people, I thought hey, why stay in, when I can come out & have fun.

Note at no time are you actually chatting them up, or doing anything to offend them or any hidden BF!

I would say here that I've been told by many that I have a highly expressive face, which helps deliver cues just as much as what I say.

If this doesn't work - KTF40s comments are wise.:smile:

Last edited:

shyyguy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the long responses!

I agree, I think "Hi" is probably the best opening for me. I've been saying "Hi" and then "so hows your day going?" to random people (serving me, in line next to me, etc etc) just to try and get better at talking to random people.

The problem is most of the women I want to talk to don't end up in line next to me haha. And saying "Hi, how's your day going?" to a woman that's briskly walking past me seems a little weird.

I will stick to online dating, but I'm I don't want to be confined to it. I want to be able to meet women in person.

I'm not great with signals, but I can and do notice when women are checking me out. It can be pretty obvious sometimes, but not always.

And the girl in my bed was more about my anxiety in making a move than misinterpreting signals, I think. (I'm a virgin and I still have anxiety about making moves towards sex, but that's a whole different subject).

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you see a woman you think looks cool and you would like to hang out with... just keep that in mind. Smile. Say hi, introduce yourself. Smile. Smile again.

Don't think anything about whether or not she is going to sleep with you, kiss you, anything sexual. Remember that this is someone who looks cool and you wanted to get to know her. Smile. Ask her a few questions. LISTEN TO WHAT SHE IS SAYING and reply appropriately. Smile* Remember, your goal is to make a friend with someone who looks cool and you would like to hang out with, NOT to figure out whether or not she will fuck you. She will decide that and anything you say that is cheesy, weird, insincere or smarmy will lessen the chances of her liking you let alone fucking you.

*Be sure your teeth are in decent shape before all this fucking smiling.

Good luck.

Sidles up to U_T..

*smiles*

Well hello there you!
*smiles*
You're cute! Let's fuck!
*smiles*

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In all seriousness, why would someone be insulted by that? A guy gets the courage to come over and give a girl a compliment with the threat of rejection hanging over his head and instead of the girl showing an ounce of appreciation, they are insulted? I'd never use a line like that, but still, it's like exhibit A in why I don't approach women. Not only do you have to worry about being rejected, you have to worry about offending them when giving them a compliment while asking them out.
you're talking to me because you think i'm attractive. to harp on about it says that either you're too shallow to think about anything but my looks, or you think i'm so dumb and needy that all i need/want is people to think i'm pretty. you'd be much better off complimenting her shoes.

what that guy was outlining was a very obvious tactic. lay on a heap of compliments and she will fall over with her legs in the air? fake smells fake to anyone with a brain.

one, simple, unadorned compliment is nice.
a huge song and dance is not.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate to be approached, and a great approach isn't any more welcome to me than a shitty one. But the best approaches, since I always have something to read in my hands, have always been about my book.

"I hated that book by the end. How do you like it so far?"

"I like that author. Do you recommend this book? Have you read more from this author?"

"What is that? Is that a Kindle? What's a Kobo? What kind of stuff can you read from there?"

"Guns and Ammo? I would be afraid of you, but you're so cute. Can we shoot the shit for a minute?"

Even though the last one was kind of cheesy, I actually talked to him, and the longer we spoke, the more hilarious he got. His humor really put me at ease and very quickly, I stopped feeling like I should escape. I almost gave him my real phone number. Almost.

I chatted politely with the others for as long as I had to (in the name of politeness) before the urge to flee became overwhelming. But I'm very unusual. I don't think this line of conversation would have bothered other women unless they were trying to read at the time.

poultrygal

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am working on my approach of women myself....my husband coaches me when I see someone that I am interested in meeting. Sometimes in the moment I forget my gameplan and he helps to keep me on track. :biggrin1:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am working on my approach of women myself....my husband coaches me when I see someone that I am interested in meeting. Sometimes in the moment I forget my gameplan and he helps to keep me on track. :biggrin1:

I don't think there is too much wrong with your gameplan, Sweetheart!:wink:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I generally avoid women like plague. I honestly have no idea how I ever managed to fuck any. I love the ladies here though. If the world were full of you ladies, I might have a much higher gay percentage. And for the record, I am convinced every lesbian in Miami hates married women who are also attracted to women. I think some of them want to kill me.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I generally avoid women like plague. I honestly have no idea how I ever managed to fuck any. I love the ladies here though. If the world were full of you ladies, I might have a much higher gay percentage.And for the record, I am convinced every lesbian in Miami hates married women who are also attracted to women. I think some of them want to kill me.

You are exactly correct from my experience! The ladies here on LPSG make me question my percentages completely too! Okay, maybe not actually, but the kinship is there nonethesame! :tongue: And I have personally seen women in person get incredibly turned on while interacting with my wife, only to act like she's diseased once they learn she's married. I know where you're coming from and it's spot on correct.

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are exactly correct from my experience! The ladies here on LPSG make me question my percentages completely too! Okay, maybe not actually, but the kinship is there nonethesame! :tongue: And I have personally seen women in person get incredibly turned on while interacting with my wife, only to act like she's diseased once they learn she's married. I know where you're coming from and it's spot on correct.
Man, I recently had one approach me KNOWING I was married. Eventually she freaked out on me. I was fine with that because I think she had low self-esteem and I was crossing her off my to-do list anyway. She asked me if I had a type, and when I shrugged and said, "Just pretty. I don't know what that means, but I know it when I see it. *smile*" She seemed disappointed, as if had said, "Not you." She must not have thought of herself as pretty. She looked like a dude, and I thought she was one, at first. But she looked like the prettiest dude ever. I can't get wet for a woman who doesn't think she's pretty.

Speaking of: You know, I usually am not attracted to blonde women, but PoultryGal is a fantastic exception.

poultrygal

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I generally avoid women like plague. I honestly have no idea how I ever managed to fuck any. I love the ladies here though. If the world were full of you ladies, I might have a much higher gay percentage. And for the record, I am convinced every lesbian in Miami hates married women who are also attracted to women. I think some of them want to kill me.

I couldn't agree more .... I have had some women, just completly stop communicating with me because I am married. I am thankful now that I have met so many accepting and understanding women here. *claps in joy*

I don't think there is too much wrong with your gameplan, Sweetheart!:wink:

Oh darlin...you are sweet, I like your gameplan too :wink:

*blows kiss*