I need your meal ideas!

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I met this girl in class...she"s smart, funny and really really nice which are all qualities I'm looking for in a person. She is also awkward and quirky which I like even more. Her personality is great..not the main issue but sorta goes into it.

Over the past couple of weeks I've gotten to know her and have learned that she is financially challenged and going through a rough spot..I don't know if I feel comfortable revealing any details except she doesn't always eat what a normal person calls a meal for lunch.

This week we're going up on a field trip with the class and has offered to give me a ride. I was thinking of maybe bringing her a really nice homemade lunch for that day to represent my gratitude and maybe show some interest toward her but I think that due to her personality I should take things a little slower than usual...What do you guys think? Homemade lunch? Buy her lunch? Don't do anything at all?

Thanks in advance!!

funguy3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i LOVE this idea. mind you, food is big in my family, and in my life, in so many ways. But this is a great idea. Personally, I wouldn't go all out the first time. Something special to you and really tasty (not just a peanut butter sandwich), but that seems pretty simple to make. Flirtily (yep, just made it up) make her eat it, and act offended if she refuses, until she tries at least some. Don't push too much, but don't give up too easily.

It's only fair, since she gave you a ride! This is a great opportunity man - go for it!

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Don't know from what you have said what kind of field trip it will be. But, first of all, don't even mention anything about finances, for that is taboo.

Will it be where food is available..restaurants or fast food? Is it where you will have to take your own food?

Of course it depends on what others will be doing, or if she has friends she might want to pal around with for lunch. If it is where you have to provide your own lunch...then mention to her that you thought a picnic might be nice idea, and would she like to share one with you...your treat, of course. If she wants to bring something,say that would be great and that you love like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (nothing wrong with them and they are something not too costly, but tasty).

Forget things with Mayo....you don't want to make either of you sick....

Just make sure you don't make something home made that will spoil...if you can't keep it cool enough.

Otherwise, tell her in advance that you would like to treat her to lunch while there.

Have a great time. Hope it all works out.

Last edited:

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah that's why I didn't mention it on here but she is open with me about it probably because I haven't judged her or said anything derogatory towards her situation and actually admire her for keeping on despite adversity. i think it would be a really nice gesture and that even if it turned out that she didn't like me it would be nice to know that I made someones day a little brighter

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Making lunch or buying lunch are both lovely ideas. Also you could show up with a loaf of sliced bread, a sack of fruit, a whole jar of peanut butter and a sixpack of beverage and urge her to keep the leftovers!

If she has a gas card I'll bet she buys a few groceries with it at the convenience store. Gas is much more costly than food on the whole right now. There was a period ion my life when my kids and I lived on Kwik Trip and Amoco groceries for part of each month. It took me years to pay off though...

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also you could show up with a loaf of sliced bread, a sack of fruit, a whole jar of peanut butter and a sixpack of beverage and urge her to keep the leftovers!

Wow! this sounds really awesome actually...Thanks!

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think lunchables is a good idea, especially for a field trip. It'll bring back the good ol' elementary or middle school memories. I think she might even find it cute.

yummmm i love lunchables...excellent idea

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I ended up taking her to lunch at an awesome restaurant and she really enjoyed it and had an awesome drive back to my car and discussed personal stuff and got to know each other a little better..now I just need to figure out what my next step is gonna be since I wont see her for about a week

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I ended up taking her to lunch at an awesome restaurant and she really enjoyed it and had an awesome drive back to my car and discussed personal stuff and got to know each other a little better..now I just need to figure out what my next step is gonna be since I wont see her for about a week
That is not too long...relax and enjoy

dafeesh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is not too long...relax and enjoy

I know and that's what I was planning on doing but there's someone else in the class whom I think has interest in her or maybe the other way around so I'm still thinking about it...Im probably just freaking out for nothing