I predict that I shall die of cancer

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I live close enough to this to be a bit concerned. I won't be swimming in the Hudson this summer!

Indian Point 2 workers found a small leak of radioactive water in late August that company officials and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission felt wasn't significant enough to be made public, a move that angered county officials yesterday. The leak, which company officials announced yesterday, is between a half pint and a pint per day and probably came through cracks in the spent-fuel storage building at the nuclear power plant that were discovered during a construction project to reinforce walls.

"There is no radiological hazard to workers or the public and the potential environmental impact is minimal," officials from Entergy Nuclear Northeast, which owns the plant, said in a prepared statement sent to media outlets a little after 2 p.m. yesterday. "Soil samples taken three feet from the area where the moisture was detected showed normal background levels of radiation."

Rockland County Executive C. Scott Vanderhoef expressed frustration similar to Spano's about the leak, but said he was equally concerned about what else might be wrong at the nuclear plants. "Something like this erodes confidence about getting timely information about Indian Point, which is critical," Vanderhoef said. "But the second question is, what else is there that we don't know about? Are there any other tanks with cracks in them? This raises more questions than it answers, and none of it is good."
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050921/NEWS02/509210323/-1/spiderhttp://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=ny&id=3601792

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't be so worried.

Last September I got shit-faced in Venice with two Irish friends and Marco. The morons let me walk home alone (about a ten minute walk to my palazzo). I had to literally hold onto buildings as I made my pathetic way home.

Well, just before the last footbridge I lost my balance and ..... SPLASH... right into the canal. It was very Katharine Hepburn of me. I swallowed enough nasty Adriatic scunge water to nearly drown until two "ragazzi simpatici" yanked my Yankee arse out of that canal.

The 'farmacista' put me on a 9 day regimen of vitman drinks to undo any possible intake of 'nasty materials' and I never felt anything more than one very bad hangover the following day. Every time I think about what's dumped into the canals in Venice I trigger my gag reflex.

So, not to worry. We're tougher than you think. And after all something's gotta 'take ya' in the final analysis....

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can see with having two younguns, why it
would have you concerned though, TAG.

Stronzo...you are very lucky indeed, that
you didn't at least suffer an eye infection
at minimum, à la Katharine! :wink:

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
Don't be so worried.

Last September I got shit-faced in Venice with two Irish friends and Marco. The morons let me walk home alone (about a ten minute walk to my palazzo). I had to literally hold onto buildings as I made my pathetic way home.

Well, just before the last footbridge I lost my balance and ..... SPLASH... right into the canal. It was very Katharine Hepburn of me. I swallowed enough nasty Adriatic scunge water to nearly drown until two "ragazzi simpatici" yanked my Yankee arse out of that canal.

The 'farmacista' put me on a 9 day regimen of vitman drinks to undo any possible intake of 'nasty materials' and I never felt anything more than one very bad hangover the following day. Every time I think about what's dumped into the canals in Venice I trigger my gag reflex.

So, not to worry. We're tougher than you think. And after all something's gotta 'take ya' in the final analysis....

i would have killed myself if i fell in one of them open sewers they call canals

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
horribleperson said:
i would have killed myself if i fell in one of them open sewers they call canals

Well I considered it but then thought; "hmmn so many would miss my clever wit and caustic humor" and decided against it.

aside: Have you been? (to Venice that is?)

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
horribleperson said:
2 times, last time was 4 years ago when i go to italy (and europe) i try and stay away from the tourist places

Next time you go to Venice let me know. I'll veer you clear of anything remotely like Piazza San Marco or the Rialto Bridge. There's a Venice no one knows out there and it's seedy and wonderful ... :cool: