I ran into Candice Bergen!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Literally... on Madison Avenue today! What a lovely lady! We have spent so much time the past few days being negative about celebrities myself included. So CB is one of my favorites! Who do you admire and why?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Literally... on Madison Avenue today! What a lovely lady! We have spent so much time the past few days being negative about celebrities myself included. So CB is one of my favorites! Who do you admire and why?

interestingly enough, i ran in to her daughter, Tushka Bergen several years back...she was in one of my favorite films (called "Barcelona")

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Umm Chloe Malle is her daughter!

hm...that is strange...i just looked her up on IMDB, and indeed Tushka is not her daughter. I knew about Chloe Malle, i just thought Tushka was from another marriage. I always thought Tushka was Chloe's half sister.

after i saw Barcelona, my friend told me a couple weeks later she was Candice's daughter...hmph.

Truth 1 - Friend 0
:wink:

D

deleted3782

I never recognize people in person. Its not until someone says "Hey look! There's Mickey Rooney" that I think...oh wow, there's Mickey Rooney! Otherwise stars are just random people to me.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never recognize people in person. Its not until someone says "Hey look! There's Mickey Rooney" that I think...oh wow, there's Mickey Rooney! Otherwise stars are just random people to me.

It's kind of the same with me! I have to knock them down and pick them up and see them face to face. I once sat next to Diane Sawyer on a flight and had no idea who she was until we started talking about what we do for a living. (I watch GMA almost everyday):redface:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was with my BF and we passed Robert Reed in Central Park. I didn't notice him and my BF only told me after he had passed so I turned to see the back of his head.

Another time another BF and I were walking along a street in the Village and he pointed out that Winona Ryder was behind us. At that time I wasn't really sure who she was though I recognized the name. I'm not into celebrities at all. My cousin had to tell me who Dennis Rodman and Anna Nicole Smith were. I heard their names all the time but didn't know who they were. (Did I mention I like to read reference books? Hello -- Have you read my blog??)

A national newscaster was driving by my yard sale yearrrrrrrs ago and stopped when she spied a large pic of Garbo. Even though I used to watch her on the news all the time I didn't recognize her until we introduced ourselves. We had a good conversation (we are both Garbo collectors) and she stopped by my B&B from time to time on weekends in New Hope PA where she had a country house. I have pics of us at the Garbo estate auction at Sotheby's. We lost touch after I moved to the ends of the eath, I mean, Texas.

Last edited:

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who do you admire and why?
I used to work for a Sci-Fi Con company. The talent would run the gamut from nice to rude. There were friendly ones. There were indifferent ones. There were divas. There flirty ones. You name it.
The ones I admired most were the ones who had the decency to at least say "hello" to those of us working the Cons...and the ones I worked with more than once who actually would remember me rated particularly highly. Among the nicest:
Jamie Bamber
Tricia Helfer
Nichelle Nichols
Teryl Rothery
Michael Shanks
Dee Snider

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
. . . I once sat next to Diane Sawyer on a flight and had no idea who she was until we started talking about what we do for a living. . . .

Ha! Reminds me of the Notting Hill scene. "What do you do?" "I'm an actor." "In what?" "I'm in movies." "How much do actors make these days? I mean, how much were you paid for the last movie you were in?" "Fifteen million dollars."

:eek::rolleyes::tongue:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Was she the gutsy heroine from "Bite the Bullet"? Or the harsh mom-in-law from "Sweet Home Alabama"?

Lol

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG, awesome! I totally LOVEEEEE Candice!
I've loved her ever since SATC and then she played in my all time favourite show Boston Legal too.
She is one of the wonderful, older actresses that don't try to look like 30, when they aren't.
She looks like she's so nice and has class. Is she really like that in real life?