i rarely see a bulge in tight jeans nowadays, why though?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Where I live it's becoming the opposite. People around here are wearing tighter fitting jeans, sweatpants and shorts. The new trend that seems to be coming around again is bike shorts. Lots of guys are wearing the shorter/above the knee type at my gym...So I bought 2 pair and wear them proudly...no undies so not to have lines :)

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think most jeans are cut alot more differently than they were in the 70's. Skinny jeans tend to be smaller around the legs than in the seat and crotch. Secondly, most "skinny" jeans are worn my guys who tend to be alot younger and "petite", so I doubt many of them would be packing much. Those that are, Ive notice them wear their skinny jeans sagging below the waist to conceal their crotches. I also tend to think the younger generation frowns on showing too much of a bulge, whereas in the 70's and early 80's, it was quite acceptable and a symbol of manhood.

I agree with some but not everything said here. Yes, clothes were definitely cut differently than today - including underwear. In the 70s we (at least a lot of guys I knew) wore JC Penny underwear (briefs were the order of the day) or Munsignwear (my best friend wore these because he liked the horizontal pouch. And many guys, me included, showed a bulge. Nowadays, underwear is styled differently as are most pants and jeans. Pants and jeans seem to be cut more full - I think, to avoid any hint of a bulge - to appeal to a larger audience (more people, not fat people). :tongue:

I don't think it was a symbol of manhood to sport a bulge. It was just there and most guys didn't care. Look how shorts have evolved. Where are the gym shorts of the 70s? Even regular shorts were shorter! Now they go down to or past the knee! Why?

Media
I've noticed a few skinny jeans on skinny guys that I wouldnt' want to see anything anyway, but most of the better-bodied guys around here are wearing boot cut jeans from Abercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle and they seem to be lower cut in the waist, and have more room to create a bulge. Most of them fit just perfectly, and you see a great basket and the jeans compliment the male form.

Any of the skinny jeans I've seen on guys make them look like girls.

cyrushkcurtis

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Saw a university student, early 20s, struggling to get into a pair of skinny jeans in the locker room the other day. He was freeballing, and I've certainly seen smaller endowments than his. Didn't have time to stare at his crotch, but suprisingly, he didn't seem to show.

sillvert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For those of us that wear Wranglers and not the baggy Wrangler jeans, you still get the bulge. Just come out the land of Big Sky and you will find the tight jeans and the bulge. The cowboy still lives.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
totally agree with you..again I say..'it is what it is' if one doesn't like to see it, one doesn't have to look.

For those of us that wear Wranglers and not the baggy Wrangler jeans, you still get the bulge. Just come out the land of Big Sky and you will find the tight jeans and the bulge. The cowboy still lives.

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My memory - such as it is ... back in the seventies, the tight jean was fashionable, and the manufacturers capitalized on this fashion trend.

Believe it or not, but what I recall was that the manufacturers of jeans actually cut the jeans differently from what they did before, or since. Namely, they knew that the majority of guys, being right-handed, tended to stuff there junk down the left pant leg. For years, manufacturers had provided extra material on the left side of the crotch to accommodate this. With the buying public wanting / desiring a very obvious and showy bulge, the manufacturers responded by removing material from the left side of the crotch of the jeans, so that the outline of the bulge became very, very obvious.

When tight jeans went out of fashion, the manufacturers reverted to the old way of cutting the jeans, and invented "designer" or "logo" jeans, to enable the jeans to become far more expensive. Levis / Wranglers were thirty bucks, and suddenly Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein jeans were $150 - $300 bucks a pair. What a surprise.

Unless you go for Ruffskins, which are notoriously low cut, and tight tight tight in the crotch, you would not likely find a pair of jeans today that will emphasize the bulge. Unless of course, you buy a pair, then have a tailor or seamstress alter them for you. That is why the 'skinny' jeans don't show any bulge either.