I really do know better...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dannymawg, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dannymawg

Gold Member

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I tried running in slow motion like him but it actually took longer to get anywhere.

3. Matthew

Gold Member

Man, I used to love that show when I was a kid.

4. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I've actually been thinking quite a bit about this most enigmatic post. I loved this show as well, but I am wondering if this is a message?

Specifically, given your posting history, Danny, about coming out, I am wondering if you are telling us something about your rebuilding yourself into a better, stronger man.

I am reading too much into it? You know my penchants for metaphor. (Half of pop culture seems to me to be veiled references to self-discovery, and all superhero literature seems to me not only homoerotic but metaphorically about having a secret alter ego and a potential for something great.) I hope it is a buried reference to the fact that you are becoming something new and better. Or that you have recently won a $6M lottery. :biggrin:

Best of luck, either way!

5. dannymawg

Gold Member

I am Steve Austin in the failed experimental flight. I have crashed and am now burning.

Streamlining and going into stealth/lurk mode (but I couldn't allow LP to dis American cars). Less is more - more or less :tongue:

All of whom I've been in contact with here - my feelings for you haven't changed. But I will change and rebuild thought processes and be better. Stronger. Faster.

Laters

6. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I would absolutely hate to see you pull back from LPSG. You are a wonderful poster, and a good guy. I understand streamlining, however. (We all have to decide how much time to spend here, and it is difficult to draw lines sometimes.) Nonetheless, I urge you to stay in touch. We are all very supportive of the issues facing you, anxiously awaiting news on your progress with coming out, and looking forward to you encyclopedic knowledge of music videos to be awesomely displayed again!

Looking forward to the new, improved you to hit the boards!

7. dannymawg

Gold Member

Thank you so much to everybody who has given me support/advice/friendship, and especially to you, Doc. You rock.

The crashing/burning thing is basically me giving up certain addictions, and re-evaluating my perceptions, of both myself and LPSG. Comparatively, my life was an experimental flight, before the more supportive/intellectual postings of LPSG gave me the impetus to think outside my own little fucked up world - never knowing control, sometimes deliberately fucking with the controls, and thinking I had a flight plan but never adhering to it - or rather, letting others and outside circumstances dictate the plan.

I really do know better = posting inane, idle banter here when I should really be addressing my real-world issues. Besides, so many other people could state anything I have to say so much more eloquently - why bother, y'know?

I was already lurking to an extent already, so that much hasn't really changed - I guess I was posting publicaly [publically?] to gather a support group that I couldn't muster in real life, due to my closeted status - but as Doc has pointed out to me, maybe now is not the time to completely shut everybody out. And that my experiences do count. And that I have made some friends here, even if they aren't as vocal or responsive as I was expecting.

In fact, I'd invite those curious enough to search my past postings to get a better feel for who I am, and to post here or PM me with your thoughts. WYSIWYG, folks. Unlike so many others on here, I'm not into presenting myself under false pretenses, or flaunting/gloating over my intellectual prowess, or for winning snark/pissing/big dick/quick wit contests, or catering to the attention whore in me (although it could be disputed that this thread is just that). For one thing, I'm too fucking lazy/tired to keep tabs on online vs. IRL personalities.

I took down all but one of my gallery pics, as even before I joined LPSG I was experiencing some ED problems, which has increased alarmingly in recent weeks/months. Doc has pointed out that this is fairly common among guys in the process of coming out in the real world - that the adrenaline of illicit or closeted sex fades as one looks for sex (and moreover, real relationships) in a more conventional format. I intend on reposting pics once I have a big proud boner to share with y'all.

In other words, for those who saw my pics - if you thought that was big, just you wait... :biggrin1:

8. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Danny... you are the shit!!!! A REAL man... self improvement is sooo important! Take your time brother... we will be here when you are stitched back up and the microprocessors are fired up and working well!!!!! You are a REAL stand up guy with a great taste in music brother... I for one think that you are AWESOME!!!!!! :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted