I saw a dead person

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
An ex-gf of mine used to live in a house she said was haunted.

I didn't believe her, but the occasional strange thing happened that sometimes made me wonder. Her TV once turned itself on in the middle of the night to a channel that (coincidentally) was running a movie that featured a lot of LOUD screaming. Not a nice thing to wake up to.

Sequitur? Yes, this thread reminded me of that.

D

deleted3782

I live in a very old house that is allegedly haunted. Some people have the feeling that they are not alone, being watched, or in danger when they are there...to the point that it is hard to find a house-sitter when I leave town. The house has a long history of ghosts stories about it, back to the 1920s.

I have never seen anything, but I am woken up in the middle of the night from a deep sleep to hear footsteps and floors creaking sometimes. No blue figures in front of my TV. Makes for good stories tho...

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Let me preface this by saying I have a very active imagination and was afraid of the dark until I was 15. I do believe in ghosts, but more in the "angel" sense, not like horror movie stuff.

At my house, I get the "not alone" feeling all the time. It's not nearly as bad when I close all the windows so stuff will stop swaying in the breeze and making noise, but it's still there.

I also get that feeling when visiting my grandfather and staying in the room that my grandmother passed away in... but it's very comforting, unlike at home.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Chuck64 said:
Let me preface this by saying I have a very active imagination and was afraid of the dark until I was 15. I do believe in ghosts, but more in the "angel" sense, not like horror movie stuff.

At my house, I get the "not alone" feeling all the time. It's not nearly as bad when I close all the windows so stuff will stop swaying in the breeze and making noise, but it's still there.

I also get that feeling when visiting my grandfather and staying in the room that my grandmother passed away in... but it's very comforting, unlike at home.

Its ok Chuck, I am still terrified of the dark at 24. It isn't so much the dark that scares me as apposed to what is Lurking in the shadows. I used to dream about dead relatives and I would have conversations with them, or if I was dealing with an issue... they would pop in to visit in my dreams and drop their two cents in.

I know the feeling you are experiencing as well. To this day, I see/ feel a presence in certain places. Sometimes it is just the feeling you are being watched, and other times it is dark shadows in the corner of my eyes... And seeing that kid at the corner of my bed freaked me out.

*Cue the creepy music and the guy from the Twilight Zone*

Don't put the straight jacket on me:rolleyes:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Chuck64 said:
I dunno. Sounds kinky. Yeah - That could be kind of sexy...

Well chuck,

For you, we can slap on the old straight jacket.... just for fun.. will you be the sexually frustrated psychologist... who is having problems with the wife, and is looking for release for any thing u can get:rolleyes:

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had dreams about my dead Grandmother for four or five years after she died. In everyone of them, I thought I was awake, and only woke up after she and I, after some discussion, realized that she was dead. It happened every three to six months. They stopped after I got hit by a car. I always thought that she new something bad was going to happen to me and was hanging around, just in-case.

jeff black said:
Its ok Chuck, I am still terrified of the dark at 24. It isn't so much the dark that scares me as apposed to what is Lurking in the shadows. I used to dream about dead relatives and I would have conversations with them, or if I was dealing with an issue... they would pop in to visit in my dreams and drop their two cents in.

I know the feeling you are experiencing as well. To this day, I see/ feel a presence in certain places. Sometimes it is just the feeling you are being watched, and other times it is dark shadows in the corner of my eyes... And seeing that kid at the corner of my bed freaked me out.

*Cue the creepy music and the guy from the Twilight Zone*

Don't put the straight jacket on me:rolleyes:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dreamt about my Mum for years
after she died. It was always the
same dream.

She'd be alive and I'd say to her,
"So you weren't actually dead."

She'd reply, "No, I just went
away for a while."

I finally started to visit her grave
about nine years after she died
and the dream stopped.

Someone also told me it meant she
was telling me she'd see me on
the other side one of these days.

hotnmpls2000@yahoo.com

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that people hang out a bit before the completely leave. I think that my grams hung out before she could really leave. Your mum most likely did the same thing. I always had the tightest relationship with my grandma. I do think she was hanging around in the same way you are talking about.

windtalkerways said:
I dreamt about my Mum for years
after she died. It was always the
same dream.

She'd be alive and I'd say to her,
"So you weren't actually dead."

She'd reply, "No, I just went
away for a while."

I finally started to visit her grave
about nine years after she died
and the dream stopped.

Someone also told me it meant she
was telling me she'd see me on
the other side one of these days.

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was probably just something out of a dream. It can happen when you've just woke up. It's more severe if you haven't slept for a long time. You can then start to see or hear things that aren't there, that you are beginning to dream but you don't realise because you are still slightly awake.

It can be scary at times, but its cool. Doesn't happen to me often though :p

I don't believe there is another side, I just don't think its possible since when the brain dies, so does the consciousness. We rot and return to the planet, feed other animals, who are fed on by others...and that's it, a natural cycle.

I was also thinking, heaven and/or hell can't be real because they'd be filled with about 100 billion people and animals at least. Nothing is that big...and I doubt they would be infinite.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Sam Beckett said:
I was also thinking, heaven and/or hell can't be real because they'd be filled with about 100 billion people and animals at least. Nothing is that big...and I doubt they would be infinite.

What if no new souls were ever being created because one soul incarneted up to a couple thousand times? Hmmmm...maybe the soul lives forever and the body returns to dust.

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They imagined being at death's door, imagined bright lights or purple rain etc. It's just like a dream, the brain makes something up. Plus some people just lie to get their name in the papers, and say they saw something they didn't.

I think the brain makes it up to prepare the person for death and ease them into it...and sometimes they just come back from the brink.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sam Beckett said:
I think the brain makes it up to prepare the person for death and ease them into it...and sometimes they just come back from the brink.

When you were a kid and you would close your eyes and hold your breath as long as you could, what did you see? I don't know about you guys, but I always saw a spot of light (usually changing colors) right in the middle of all the darkness.

When you die, usually the brain gets less and less oxygen - either from a stroke or heart attack or because your heart stopped from some other problem. Doesn't it make sense to say that the bright light that everyone talks about is probably, at a basic level, just what your brain does when it's deprived of oxygen?

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I think that's the eyes trying to see but they're failing due to lack of oxygen etc so all you see is a lot of darkness and a little bit of light.

I think purple rain is the coolest though, the woman who saw that must have been dreaming. Then Prince wrote the song about it hehe. Purple rain = heaven who'd have thought :p