I saw a family of deers today.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Today as I was on my raft floating in the pool. A family of deers went by. The wind was blowing, the chimes and trees were singing. And than these 3 beautiful deers walked by. It was one of those magical moments in time.

Just wanted to share. Share one of yours.

Then come and take mine. We have zillions of deer here. They eat all the grass, all the bushes, all the deer-proof landscaping (including euonymous). They drop Lyme disease-carrying ticks all over the lawn and make dogs go into apoplectic fits at all hours of the day. Go outside and they just stand there and stare at you. Bring the dogs out barking and lunging and yelping and the deer STILL just stand there and stare at you. The number one way we get rid of the deer around here is to drive into them.

This is what happens when you destroy all the predators and restrict hunting to such a degree that not nearly enough are culled to stem the population. Prior to the exurban sprawl my town has turned into, we had an average population of 5 or 6 and we'd see them only once every few days. Now they're everywhere, sleeping on front lawns, in peoples' gardens, and I remember one dumb-as-a-rock doe that make a home out of road ditch on the 55MPH highway just up the road from me.

They are now officially rats-with-hooves.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I lived in Connecticut they used to come and eat all the flowers! The first time was cute, my interest waned after all the landscaping was chewed up!

When I lived in Connecticut they used to come and eat all the flowers! The first time was cute, my interest waned after all the landscaping was chewed up!

You tried to grow flowers in deer country?!! You fool! You blind, pitiable, fool!! We're lucky to grow poison ivy and barbed wire without them eating it. They've even chewed the wooden siding on the house.

I saw some deer a few months ago. They tasted great. Jason-els, you should probably invest in a rifle or bow or shotgun, then you can put the surplus deer population to good use.

I'm a terrible hunter. I can't even really fish without feeling guilt. We do permit others to hunt on the property though. Never really works. Gun laws being what they are, you can't fire a gun within 300 yards of a house and the deer will lie along the hedges or property lines, or under bushes right in subdivisions or down in the village where you literally can't hunt them legally.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, deer. One particular sighting sticks out amongst all the rest. It was a cool fall morning, the air temperature had just started to warm a little. The wind in the forrest was blowing ever so gently, floating through the trees without a care in the world. The sun had just risen, and the dew on the leaves was so fresh it was dripping off the vegetation. We were gathered high up on a hill by a running stream, enjoying the morning and the time being spent together. When all of a sudden, a beautiful 14 point buck appeared about 50 yards to the right. CLICK CLICK, BANG! Shot that fucker right in the heart. It was one of those magical moments in time, my first kill.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ah, deer. One particular sighting sticks out amongst all the rest. It was a cool fall morning, the air temperature had just started to warm a little. The wind in the forrest was blowing ever so gently, floating through the trees without a care in the world. The sun had just risen, and the dew on the leaves was so fresh it was dripping off the vegetation. We were gathered high up on a hill by a running stream, enjoying the morning and the time being spent together. When all of a sudden, a beautiful 14 point buck appeared about 50 yards to the right. CLICK CLICK, BANG! Shot that fucker right in the heart. It was one of those magical moments in time, my first kill.

don't make you a bad person Lucky! Deer season opened here last weekend and I've got mine within 2 hours and it's being processed right now. They're delicious...nice to look at and I've had my moments of admiring them too but deer REALLY overpopulate when they're not controlled and destroy crops then starve when winter comes around. TRUST ME - you don't want to see that...it's really sad...

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first was a 10 point. I still remember too. I was 13 and I was using a Marlin 30/30. Such a sweet rifle. Got him right in the stomach and damn near shit myself. He ran about 30 yards and fell at the edge of Hell Hole Swamp (somewhat upstate). After that came the manly part, dressing it.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't make you a bad person Lucky! Deer season opened here last weekend and I've got mine within 2 hours and it's being processed right now. They're delicious...nice to look at and I've had my moments of admiring them too but deer REALLY overpopulate when they're not controlled and destroy crops then starve when winter comes around. TRUST ME - you don't want to see that...it's really sad...

I imagine you guys have massive bucks in North Dakota.

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah, lpsg, has too much testosterone for it's own good sometimes. how an
innocent remark can turn into a huntin' thread is beyond me. i saw a family of deer
and wild turkeys at zion national park, near the lodge. the deer are protected within
national park boundaries.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can give you some great recipes for venison.
Roasted Venison with peppercorn crust, cranberry jelly, game gravy and bread sauce.
Venison fillets wrapped in bacon with a red wine and jus reduction.
Venision and red wine pie.
Venison medallions with orange and port sauce.
All teamed with a robust Australian Shiraz.