I seem to have developed ED/hormone problems

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
It is the truth. The past year or so has seen my erection attainability and maintainability drop drastically to pretty much nonexistent.

I'm in my mid-20's and of course this is to say the least worrisome, and of course more than a little depressing.

As far as I can tell, it would seem to hormone dysfunction, most likely excess cortisol production, behind this. I've been developing a "moon face" , with extra weight and fluid retention in my midsection and face and nowhere else, in addition to some other characteristics characteristic of that condition:

Cushing's syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How recent is this? Your pictures sure don't show any extra weight around the midsection.
I can ED issues when something stressful is going on. My divorce has and still is (5 yrs and still going, now giving up my retirement, uggh) extremely stressful, and I have noticed that the ED issue comes up after court appearances, etc. Anything heavy been on your mind lately?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
It is the truth. The past year or so has seen my erection attainability and maintainability drop drastically to pretty much nonexistent.

I'm in my mid-20's and of course this is to say the least worrisome, and of course more than a little depressing.

As far as I can tell, it would seem to hormone dysfunction, most likely excess cortisol production, behind this. I've been developing a "moon face" , with extra weight and fluid retention in my midsection and face and nowhere else, in addition to some other characteristics characteristic of that condition:

Cushing's syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best not to self-diagnose hormone issues because they all depend on each other and an imbalance in one causes many imbalances. Extra weight, especially in the gut is also a sign of excess Estradiol (E2) the female hormone that men also have. An excess amount of E2 will grab a man's Testosterone receptors blocking them from the T he needs and it is all downhill from there. There could also be an issue anywhere along the Hypothalamus, Pituatary, Testicular axis that would put your hormones out of wack. You need a full hormone workup. If your doc won't order and you can afford it (or have a FLEX plan at work), you can order the tests online (DirectLabs.com is one) and the results are sent to your via secure email that you can then take to your doc or research yourself. In any case, you are way too young to have any kind of issue like this so I would not put off getting tested. All the best to you.