I seriously don't get it...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by uboat, Oct 23, 2011.

1. uboat

uboat New Member

Question? Why does it hurt so bad when YOU are the one who ends the relationship? She was spoiled to the core, selfish, and thoughtless…but yet I miss her and want to hold her close to me. I don’t get it.

2. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Damn, I wish I knew that myself...

3. D_Fred Flintstones

D_Fred Flintstones New Member

Dude It happend to me to but she left me because she is the devil I'm sure. You will get over it and she will realise she has lost out for bein a prick. Everybody who is a hood person feels bad after a break up. It shows ur a good man

4. B_rzl

B_rzl New Member

ill be honest, you were right to leave her! there are some really nice people who will treat ou the way you deserve. that sort that you described dont deserve from you to look at them. speaking from experience, be it a gf or just a friend. it hurts because youre used to her being there next to you and its a natural human fear not to be alone. some time must pass and you will be glad you broke it up very soon. dont ever forget her description in your question, otherwise youll never be happy again if you get back together, and youre still annoyed by all that. remember, you cant change anyone!
    a bit harsh an answer but honest from the heart, hope you ll take my advice and spread it around, take some time and enjoy all the time you spent with her watching a game, or just walking, hanging w our friends, and then you will find for someone much better. cheers

ps oh, and tytn is right 100% too

#4 B_rzl, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  5. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

OMG, sounds like me. I empathize.

6. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Because being miserable in a relationship is better than being alone.

7. uboat

uboat New Member

I didn't even feel this bad when she thought it was normal to go camping with a guy. I was angry then non the less, but now I just feel sad. She wanted to bake her cake and eat it too. I'm soooo disappointed. I thought she was going to be the one I dropped to one knee for. She promised me time and time again that she would change her bad behavior. I had no choice but she forced my hand.

8. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had the same relationship before I met my wife. Had a g.f. who was totally in love with me and wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. I knew she would make me happy for the rest of my life.

Except for those times when I wasn't around. Then she'd start flirting, and one thing would lead to another, and a few days later I'd hear from her BFF that I better be wearing a condom.

I nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to keep the relationship going. But in the end I had to say to her: "We need to have a talk."

Twenty minutes later it was over. It was really painful and over twenty years later I still think about her. However, it was probably one of the best decisions I made.

Unlike you, I felt a huge feeling of relief, never regretted the break-up, and life got a whole lot better.

You'll get over it, of course. Everyone does. Just keep in mind that her behavior is her responsibility and it sounds like she'd never be able to have the relationship you deserve.

9. Incocknito

Gold Member

Cos you're lonely.

And you want to know

A 12 o'clock straight up nigga

That don't give a shit that ya Pussy Control!

10. spoon

Gold Member

Albums:
    it's painful, and, will be painful for a bit. but, it will eventually pass. but, it does hurt for awhile. you need to keep in mind "why" you ended the relationship, and, not the parts of the relationship you miss.

11. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

Nobody every said doing the right thing would be easy.......even when you know it is the right thing to do.

12. B_Nia88

B_Nia88 New Member

Well you loved her but you realized it wasn't a healthy relationship so you ended it. When a relationship ends usually no one leaves feeling good but it time you realize you did do the right thing.

13. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most people cant admit they are wrong

14. upone

upone New Member

I always leave it up to her to break up. The one time I broke it off was thirty years ago, and I still miss her...

15. Gamm

Gamm New Member

Albums:
    I'm going thru the same issue as we speak. She was full of venom and would attack anyone I was in contact with. She especially hated my sister something terrible. Thank God (and Uboat) for this thread because I'm having a hard time getting past that she will be sleeping with another man.

16. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

Like the old song says: "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do". But it was a wise decision. It would have only brought you more pain and heartbreak in the future. Consider yourself lucky that you got away. In time the hurt will be gone. Time wounds all heels. Don't sit around pining over lost love or you just might write a country and western song.

17. uboat

uboat New Member

My lyrics would start out like this.... "pain pain, go away, come back another day"

She did push me to go further in life. She was very ambitious.

18. SpankySD

SpankySD New Member

Albums:
    My grandparents remained married until death. When my grandmother was 92 years old we were having lunch together, and I asked her... "If you could change one thing in your life, what would it have been?" She didn't pause even for a moment. "I would have divorced your grandfather right away. It was never right, and it was never going to be right."

19. uboat

uboat New Member

Wow... Thats crazy spanky.

20. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    After I was divorced and hurting badly from being the victim of a notorious cheat, my Mum was consoling me. I asked her if ever in her life she thought about leaving Dad. She said, "Not at all. I would have killed him first."

Draft saved Draft deleted