I smell Halloween...love it!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by CUBE, Sep 20, 2008.

1. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes I do. I love Halloween more than anything. I have been checking out the costumes already and plan to go to WeHo this year for the big night. Never have gone before. Also have been hunting the latest and greatest treats to make my yearly mail gift boxs to send to dear friends.

Pumpkin pie season too. Oh is there anything better. And here is the thing...no matter what the pie... you need the perfect whipped cream. So here is a recipe that I will share. Why you ask? Because I want you to feel loved and happy.

1 pint whipping cream
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 t Mexican vanilla extract

And for heavens sake... whip it really good so it keeps it shape. If you don't bake, buy a pumpkin pie at Costco. But get the one that looks slightly over cooked on top because they bake so many they can be undercooked and that is bad...very very bad. If want to bake it yourself. Use the recipe on the back of a regular can of Libbys...nothing better.

But back to Halloween proper. I am not waiting for Oct 1. I am putting my Halloween deco up soon so I encourage you to do it too.

If you have your favorite shot of a costume maybe you can post it. I have many a costume in storage and love to keep adding to the ideas. That, or you can just tell a favorite Halloween costume experience or Halloween share it here.

"Oh Great Pumpkin I wil be waiting for you to come and bring all the children candy and watch over them on Halloween night"

2. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    One of the things that I love about Halloween is PUMPKINS. Most people buy them for decorations and they toss them in the garbage. I peel the pumpkin, cut it in half, scoop away the seeds, and cut it into small cubes. You can cook pumpkin like any other squash. It's very high in vitamin A. I use it in my home made soup throughout the fall while it's available. Good stuff!

3. lorne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I cant wait for all the women wearing sexy Abe Lincon costumes.

4. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Saw this great superman brief outfit on youtube...very cool. Love the super hero outfits around Halloween on gay club dancers

5. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    opps didn't work

#5 CUBE, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  6. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    opps didn't work

#6 CUBE, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  7. FatSchlong

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love Halloween too!! I plan to dress up as The Joker from The Dark Knight. I am going to go to my local theatrical shop and buy some make up. I will need to remember to take pics and post them on here...

8. ital8

ital8 New Member

I also love Halloween. Since we are talking about Halloween, I also get into the mood of watching good horror movies. So my question is, I've been searching for a movie I remember seeing when I was very little. It looked to be from the 70's or early 80's and for the life of me I can't remember the title. All I remember (and it may have been a made for t.v movie hence why it is so difficult to find) were these kids with black fingernails. Whenever they touched someone or something they killed them by electrocution or something to that effect. It wasn't Children of the Corn, that I know for sure. Does anyone have clue?

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like making the pumpkin pies but I am partial towards making sweet potato pies instead. I also like watching a whole bunch of horror films. I wish I were into the dressing up and going to Halloween parties. I am considering going to a few Halloween festivities this year. Tired of being a fuddy duddy.

10. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    About ten years ago I went to the Exotic Erotic in San Fran. It was kind of amazing. People from every walk of life...every age...you name it. Most in costume for Halloween but you also have people that are "out there" that appear to be dressed for Halloween only because of the event. Cameras everywhere. They have tons of security so it felt safe. You get people there just super extraverted showing there bodies off.. a few guys with gigantic cocks just posing with people for pictures. If you ever have a chance to check it...go.

11. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never had sweet patato pie until I was an adult. I'm a white guy and was discussing fall desserts with a black guy and we had this dessert difference in our family. So we each brought the other some pie. It was great. Did you grow up with this pie in your family? :)

12. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
  13. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I have a picture in my gallery of me last Halloween in my devil costume. :smile:

I'm trying to figure out what costume to wear this year. I love Halloween - actually I love costumes anyway. It's fun to "be someone else" for a night!

14. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder if it would have the same effect if the Krispy Kreme guy would wear it?

15. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bought these cool masks at Walmart...what can I say...I will look anywhere for the right Halloween mdse. They look metal...but plastic...almost Ventian. 7 bucks each...not bad....not bad.

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Oh no for me its all the candy. :biggrin1:

17. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday.

18. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was at Michaels craft store today and they had these cool figures. Kind of the full body size at about 5 feet high. One was a groom the other was a bride. The recordings actually sounded high quality enough. The bride held her head in one head and then it talked with the eyes moving asking if anyone had seen her bouquet. Kind of fun.

I bought my 6 card board boxes for my usual Halloween mailing. I have a few male friends scattered. Great guys. I send each with a few treats ( gigantic gummy rats) then something more geared for their personality. One guy is getting a full tat shirt that you put on and it looks like your'e inked. One is getting a small framed picture of a fantasy Halloween costume that I had another friend draw out. It looks great. Kind of an Egyptian fantasy male drawing. So picked up a 5x7 frame for that. One loves jam so I'll send him that with his own label for Halloween. Got a few yet to go. Oh, and I live close to Disneyland so I will go over and get some Disney chocolate bars to add. They have a pretty great chocolate brand and it is unique from my area.

19. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    My mission of advancing the gay agenda contiues. I just got another friend to dress up for this years Halloween. Won't you help me bring down the Christian right with my pegan holiday???

20. tgw

tgw
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    One of my favorite holidays!

Trying to figure out what to dress up as this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted