I Surrendered Two Firearms Today...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, truthfully, I didn't, as my county no longer allows individuals to surrender weapons at the station. Now you have to make an appointment and wait for a patrol car to visit your house, where they disassemble, or rather we split dissembling duties :rolleyes:, and fill out paper work at your kitchen table.

What an 'effin waste of time.
You call the police, it takes them forever to get to you, and now I know why, the whole department's busy playing desk sargent.

The patrolman said they discourage anyone surrendering weapons in person, even with a secure firearm in a locked case and driven over to the station in the trunk. *sigh* Maybe I'm biased after growing up in an open carry county, but Jesus, show people who follow the rules their due regard.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They shouldn't make it hard on people. Next time try to pawn them.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you didn't want them why not sell them to somebody that does instead of giving them away?
Selling them, even to a gun shop, wouldn't have gone over too well.
Both were old .22s that I had no use for, and, I guess, had sentimental value, so I'd rather them destroyed.

The old one, was from sometime between 1915-1930, and the other was the pistol my dad slept, and died, with. Anyway, both are gone now.

Oh, I thought you meant that you'd surrendered to firearms today.
Not yet. But I recall when I was 10 the Sheriffs temporarily confiscated the high-powered rifles and shotguns after a family incident. Don't ask. :tongue:

I don't think I'd every willingly surrender my firearms.
I am from the same sort of mindset, however, these I no longer wanted. I still have the rifles, but have gotten rid of all of my pistols.

Soon I will buy a sig P220. Much lighter and faster action then my taurus 9mm.

They shouldn't make it hard on people. Next time try to pawn them.
I'd never pawn a firearm, who knows where it would end up.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yadda, yadda, yadda, was the cop that cam to your home for the guns cute? Could you tell if he was packing more than heat, 'if you know what I mean?' :wink:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wish it was something that simple. Let's call it a "donnybrook" and leave it at that, haha.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, was the cop that cam to your home for the guns cute? Could you tell if he was packing more than heat, 'if you know what I mean?' :wink:
He was cute for a guy that's 5'6...and he was packing some heat. :wink:

My brother’s wife has a P220 and it’s very nice.

Which Taurus did/do you have? I have two PT99’s and love them.
The 24 7, it was an ex's and it just isn't for me. Actually, the 220 may not be for me, either. I just do not like their feel, and will probably embarrass the friend I go gun shopping with by buying a springfield xd 40.

To me, the springfield feels much more maneuverable and something I could work quickly and comfortably with in a defensive situation. :shrug:

How does your sister in law like the 220? How's the grip for her?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

How does your sister in law like the 220? How's the grip for her?

This was a surprise to me that she likes that particular gun so well being she is a smaller person with smaller hands but she loves the balance and overall feel making it her first choice (my brother is a collector and has lots of other choices) at the range and she is a great shot with it.

My next accusation will be a Desert Eagle .50. I have owned many pistols in the past but got rid of all except the PT99’s because I never used them. Lately I have been firing an Eagle .50 and wow is that a cool gun = amazing design and balance for something that shoots an artillery shell!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bah. Theyre not scary. You just need to respect firearms for what they are.

The Sig is a nice piece. Straight, accurate, and quick. I hated my Glock. Damn thing always locked up.

Tarus are supposed to be nice firearms, but I've never owned one.

You should have kept the .22. Good for cleaning up rodents, and small game that are pestering.

You could have also traded them in at your local friendly gun shop for the piece your trying to buy. Many people like the small 22's for the above reasons, and you could have gotten a discount.