I swallowed something I shouldnt have!!!

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I have my tongue pierced. The other night one of the balls broke. So today I just kept it in my mouth with only one ball. Stupid me decided to eat something and I swallowed the whole tongue ring by accident. Now im totally freaking out cause I swallowed the whole thing, plus theres only one ball on it, which means that the other part of the ring is completely open. That part isnt totally sharp but I think its enough to perforate my stomach linings or intestines if it traveled the wrong way. Im totally freaking out right now. What should I do?

ps..i really dont want to go to the hospital

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Call your piercer or a local piercing shop.

You can also call a poison control hot-line...or whatever they are called.

omgiswatdeysay

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It should either pass, or dissolve in your stomach. The inside of a stomach is a very caustic place to to be in, hydrochloric acid is strong enough to dissolve most any metal, was it titanium, or surgical steel?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Dunno when it happened, but a dog lover rescued her dogs after they ate a bunch of party favors with toothpicks. She got a lot of cottons balls, soaked them in water and rubbed them all over with bacon and the dog ate them, and it was enough that the only thing that happened was a confused dog the next day with fluff and toothpicks being passed. It was enough fiber to insure no harm done.

You'd have no problem if A) it wasn't so big
B) weren't so pointy
c) you ate a lot of proper food.

Elsewise, check with a doctor.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Neither surgical steel nor titanium will dissolve in your stomach. It will most likely pass by itself BUT there are a lot of twists and turns in the human intestinal tract where it could get stuck.......a trip to the ER/Doctor for an exam and xray would be wise....just my opinion...it's your life

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
the piercing jewelry is a stud that is threaded on one side, its not sharp enough to damage your innards. Dogs swallow things all the time, so do kids and no one even knows about it sometimes. You essentially swallowed surgical grade metal that is shaped like a blunt screw. It will hit the bottom of the toilet.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Call your piercer or a local piercing shop.
I think that was good advice. I figure it happens occasionally and so a piecing shop should have some advice.

barsonlyone, my guess is that it will pass uneventfully. I don't think stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve it. You might not even "feel" it when it passes.

I guess I shouldn't make light of this but I can't resist:*clearing throat* going through a metal detector [such as at an airport] might be interesting. :smile:

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks for the advice guys. im just worried, as i am an avid fan of greys anatomy and the show has a lot of episodes where things are swallowed, and serious risk always occurs. im just hoping that it does just pass and doesnt get lodged somewhere or cause damage. but the moment that i feel pain somewhere, i am going straight to the hospital. its just a really stupid reason to get surgery to get it taken out. but all is good. i just came home from the mall and bought 5 more tongue piercings, apparently im still hungry for more.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
i am an avid fan of greys anatomy and the show has a lot of episodes where things are swallowed, and serious risk always occurs.

:rolleyes: Maybe this will teach you never to take medical advice from a TV drama. Of course serious risk always occurs on TV because, quite frankly, it would be boring to watch an episode about someone swallowing something and being told they are fine and walking off into the sunset. :cool:

The piercing shouldn't be sharp enough to do anything to you - the human digestion system is very strong and I'm presuming it's not too sharp.

An example - Michel Lotito was famous for eating anything. He consumed knives, forks, light-bulbs, planes and never experienced serious illness from anything he ate. (yes, an extreme example - but you should get the gist)

So don't worry, but if you do feel pain, calmly go for a check up.

:kiss:

Brillig47

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You really needn't worry. My children ate and successfully passed several interesting items, often pieces of toys. And they all came out the other end OK. I would eat plenty of roughage for the next few days. Loads of salads, oatmeal etc. Plenty of bulk in your digestive tract will whoosh it through. Drink lots of water too, that'll also help your colon move it right along.

But if you do get any sharp sudden pain, esp lower right or left in the abdomen, go to hospital and get an X-ray.

And as dumbcow so rightly said, TV hospital dramas are DRAMAS, fiction, not reality. Everything HAS to go wrong to keep the story-line interesting. Don't worry, you'll be fine.