I think David Cook is ugly.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
AMERICAN IDOL is a waste of time and effort for many.

Most of the put out CDs that get panned. They put out another CD that is given the review "not as good as the first one".

FROM JUSTON TO KELLY. That was a movie. It made 12 cents at the box office.

A lot of people with far more talent and drive are ignored for this competitive soap opera.

David Cook? Another name, another day, another soon to be has been. Not he's not good looking. He thinks he is.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A lot of people with far more talent and drive are ignored for this competitive soap opera.
Agreed. The show isn't about talent, that has nothing to do with it. All the finalists and winners have the same voice; the tricky part is choosing the one who will make the most lucrative PR & marketing package.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Agreed. The show isn't about talent, that has nothing to do with it. All the finalists and winners have the same voice; the tricky part is choosing the one who will make the most lucrative PR & marketing package.

LOL! Of course there are about a zillion fans that do think Idol alumni have talent and it’s well proven with album sales so I can’t imagine where you are getting this from! Jesus, Kelly Clarkston’s album “Breakaway” sold 6 million copies in the US and 11 million worldwide alone! Carrie Underwood has been the best-selling female country album of 2005, 2006 & 2007! She hit #1 with every single she has released so far and has won two Grammys along with other awards from AMA, ACM, CMA, Peoples Choice and Billboard.

There is a long list of other contestants that have done very well also so what gives with equating them all to the likes of a no-talent like Taylor Hicks? :rolleyes:

Kevbo

Sexy Member
Media
I don't have an opinion on David Cook's looks, but a few points:

* given the articles written about how women were attracted to the guy, it's surprising to see how few women have posted responses on this thread. It would've been precious to see a "Gays 4 Cook" (or whatever the current hip name for the demographic is) sign, next to the "Cougars 4 Cook" one

* I see some AI haters here. I like the program, but I'm pretty disappointed most of the time with the (lack of) originality, song-selection, and interpretation that the contestants usually bring to a performance. I watch the show for those special moments when there is a surprising, thrilling, breakout performance. David Cook gave several of those.

* I think David Cook is going to make a great album, and I will buy it the day it comes out. He's the first contestant I've seen who knew exactly what his strengths are and how to use them for different themed-weeks with almost no letup. He wasn't perfect, but he was pretty damn good, and he's a smart, self-effacing guy to boot.

(One favorite interview I've seen -- from the Tonight Show. Jay Leno shows the Guitar Hero/Risky Business ad, then asks Mr. Cook if it was the first time he'd ever been filmed in his underwear. His reply: "Well, for money.")

Kevin

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think, as a total package, he's quite attractive.
I thought he had the best pop voice and the best pop approach to singing ... though Archuleta's voice, strictly as an instrument, is probably better. But Archie doesn't have the originality or grittiness of Cook.
Cook's looks? He's very average looking, but given his unforced boldness on the stage, and something about him, mid-song, that seems very unified and expressive, I think he really is an intriguing guy whose looks, middling though they be, are fine enough.
It all works for me, somehow.
(BTW, like 1BiGG1, I found Billie Jean an outstanding performance ... great phrasing and sense of rhythm.)

Last edited:

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's like fifty threads in the Celebrity Endowments section that have many "David Cook is Ugly" topic.

I personally don't agree, but that's because I've made it my motto to only hook up with men others find unattractive...that way they'll never cheat. LOL!!!

Okay, I was just kidding about that last part.