I think Hillary is the next president

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Originally, I was highly skeptical. I doubted that any woman -- especially Hillary -- would stand a chance at winning the presidency in this country. But after her recent leads, I think she actually has a chance. Also, it occurred to me that the country is in a desperate state, a place where a familiar face from a happier era would be welcomed. Also, despite the scandals of his era, Bill Clinton was a popular president, and we probably all long for a time when a cigar and a blow job were the scandal du jour, rather than a multi-billion-dollar war with thousands of casualties. In fact, I think the economy was better during Bill Clinton's time than at any other time during the 1980s or 1990s.

What would close the deal would be if Bill Clinton would run as Hillary's Vice President. I don't think there is any law saying a former president can't run as Vice President. I think a lot of America would love to see Bill Clinton back in office.

B_CBTallthetime

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The Clintons are a disaster. They are petty, nasty, and will do anything to win.

Everyone knows this and for years we just sort of looked the other way. Now she is doing crap to Obama and he's no one's fool. So it looks bad when they pull this stuff on him.

The momentum has shifted and Obama is picking up steam - she and Bill have overplayed their hand this time and people are ready to look for someone else.

This stunt in Florida is really annoying - saying she had this big win there and this is not the case. How annoying and unnecessary

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
What would close the deal would be if Bill Clinton would run as Hillary's Vice President. I don't think there is any law saying a former president can't run as Vice President. I think a lot of America would love to see Bill Clinton back in office.

The president and the veep can't reside in the same state.
I imagine the Clintons could work their way around this, though.
I can imagine voting for Clinton, if I were American.
But I'm liking Obama more and more.
Just wondering if he doesn't live a bit in dream land.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I'm not saying I support the Clintons. I don't support any politicians because I think they're all liars, and that includes the Clintons. I'm just saying that it looks like she may win.

With regard to stunts in Florida, I think the stunts pulled by the Bush family were worse.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media

There's still a huge racial issue in this country. I think the country may be more willing to elect a white woman than a black man. Further, the name "Barak Obama" (spell?) couldn't be worse for him. He should be named something like Michael Smith. His name will be too foreign, and his skin too dark, for some racist voters. This will hurt him, and probably already has.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
There's still a huge racial issue in this country. I think the country may be more willing to elect a white woman than a black man. Further, the name "Barak Obama" (spell?) couldn't be worse for him. He should be named something like Michael Smith. His name will be too foreign, and his skin too dark, for some racist voters. This will hurt him, and probably already has.

That's pretty much my reading.
The racism may be underground, but it's still there, particularly, I'm guessing, among older people.
If they could get a Clinton/Obama ticket, and it won the election, it would really speed up the country's evolution.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He does live in a dream land...but it's a good dream, that;s why I support his candidacy.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that Hillary Clinton has done well in Democratic primaries is no reason to believe that she will do well in a general election. Republican voters have shown no great eagerness for any of their candidates: whichever one is nominated, he will not have a very enthusiastic backing. But if Mrs. Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, her candidacy will do what no Republican presidential candidate in this election has been able to do, and that is to get voters out in force to back the Republican nominee.

I think that the nomination of Hillary Clinton, if it occurs (and I pray that it does not), will be the best thing that the Democratic Party can do for the Republicans.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no doubt that, if Obama becomes the nominee, there will be plenty of ignoramuses who will vote against him because they think that he is a Muslim or because he is black; but I expect that those are people who would never vote for the Democratic candidate in any case.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I have no doubt that, if Obama becomes the nominee, there will be plenty of ignoramuses who will vote against him because they think that he is a Muslim or because he is black; but I expect that those are people who would never vote for the Democratic candidate in any case.

I think there are people 'in the middle' who might be tipped away from the Democrats if Obama were the candidate.
Same, no doubt, with Clinton.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think that Obama will be an easier candidate for republicans to beat rather than Clinton. A lot of people agree with me on this and on the other hand a lot of people think that Clinton will be easier to beat than Obama. I guess that is the problem, bot of these candidates have major pit-falls.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Hillary's going to win too. There's no way the red states, or those with older populations (like Florida) are going to vote for Obama. Mccain has a good story and is kind of an old-boy hero so I think he'll finish a close second. But since the republicans have ruined themselves by putting Bush in office, people have the general attitude of 'anything but the elephant' even though I'm sure any republican other than Bush would do a better job. That's not to say Obama and Clinton aren't creepy too though, because they definitely are. I'm not happy with any of the candidates this time around, to tell you the truth.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there are people 'in the middle' who might be tipped away from the Democrats if Obama were the candidate.
Same, no doubt, with Clinton.
And there will be people tipped away from Mcain as well because of his penchant to see the world in"militaristic" terms. His win in Iraq at any cost attitude frightens me. And the prevailing sentiment in the USA is let's get OUT of Iraq......I'm afraid Mcain would invade Iran as we..

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Billary, '08

Thats funny, I hadn't heard Billary before.

I like both Clinton and Obama but, I dont think Clinton has a chance to win the election simply because she's a woman, for the Democrats to win the election I think Obama is their best chance. Unfortunately I think mainstream America won't vote for a female, its sad!

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was on the fence for quite a while between Hillary and Obama. But the way Hillary and Bill campaigned by slinging mud just convinced me that it was the same old politics as usual. This country needs a change. I kinda think that Obama's lack of being part of the political machinery is a plus and his understanding of Muslin issues might be a huge advantage certainly to what we have had. So I have jumped off the fence right into Obama's camp.

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As long as it's not McCain, I can deal. There is no way I'm getting flipping drafted! This war has gone on for farrrrr too long; our troops are long overdue for their homecoming.

That said, Go Obama! :}