I think i have some dysmorphia

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I think i have a case of both muscular and penile dysmorphia. I don't think it causes any problems but I fit the description a bit of what i've come across.

Basically statisticallly wise I am big down there but I just don't feel like im huge or anything.

In addition, i lift weights about 5 times/week, I have gained 25 lbs in the past year lean muscle and I just don't feel bigger. Everyone else is noticing and im getting all kinds of crazy comments but I just dont feel bigger.

I don't think i have a huge case because i realize that i am pretty big both in the penile area and body wise but i just don't feel it.

Anyone have similar feelings?

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I am somewhat the same. Ive been going to the gym and dieting lately and even though i can see i have lost a lot of weight i dont feel like i have. It feels like when someone mentions it to me they are only doing it to be polite and kind.

Unfortantly society is body image obsessed and until people learn being healthy is much more important than looking good nothing will change.

Anyway, try and believe people when they compliment you. after all if they can see a change in your apperance then there must be some truth to it..right?

Gideon

Just Browsing
Media
Yeah, you won't notice huge gains in terms of body size because you see your body every day, but someone who hasn't seen you in a month or two will notice the difference from then. Try taking before/after pictures for the next year or even six months and you won't feel like you haven't made any gains.

And I know what you mean about not feeling 'large' even though you might be bigger than 80% of the population. It's probably because you are comparing upwards instead of downwards. Be thankful you landed on the bigger side of average.