I Think I'm Coming Out to My Mom via Email

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand that at all, but then I wouldn't. I think I would still love my kid even if he were a serial murderer. If one thing a life without kids or romance has taught me, it's how precious love is.
QFT! I'm glad things went well too. :smile: :cool:

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Next up is my father, brother, and step-father. It gets more difficult from here on out.

It'll become easier once you continue to display your self-confidence and pride in yourself to your family members. They'll come around.

Glad to hear that first step worked out well for you.

Take it easy, and PM me if you want to talk about this whole process,

NCbear (who came out to his parents at the age of 18 but who only recently--as in two or three months ago--was able to bring his lover to his parents' house :rolleyes:)

Robertnlbe

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm happy for you Jason, good it worked out for you!
I think mothers know whether you tell them or not.
Fathers also know but try to ignore because it hurts their own feelings?
Anyway it's your life, you need to live it and this is something you want to share with loved ones.
I´ve been bi-sexual forever I guess but started dating guys 5 years ago and told my wife then. I couldn't live the lie with a partner I have 3 kids with.
We went to see a sex therapist together and the guy explained that we all have these feelings hidden in our minds, and sometimes, when your life is going through a path of change for example, you open drawers and these things come out and you then need to decide how to go ahead.
She's been great and has accepted the fact, though I don't talk about my male dates anymore. It really doesn't add anything to her live, moreover it confuses them even more. It is a purely sexual thing for me.
It has been an enormous relief for me to be able to share with the people you care for.
People may not accept that fact, but then who's life is it? We don't talk about heterosexual sex issues everyday, so why should we on gay or bi sexuality. Is that so difficult?

Aileana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Jason, I'm really really happy for you! I'm bisexual....I figured it out when I was 13 or 14, and to this day I can't tell my mother. I heartily agree with whoever said that it's an irrational fear (forgive me for not remembering your name!), but it's just not easy to overcome. It also doesn't help that my mother (and, largely my grandmother) aren't exactly...agreeable on the subject. I even took my mom to see Milk, and she huffed through the entire thing. My grandmother maintains a firm belief that its an abomination in the eyes of God, and I'm apparently a bad person for simply befriending anyone who's gay.

Jason, I'm very glad for you. The best of luck from Ohio with your other family members.

xoxoxo

rofl_mao

Just Browsing
Media
To be somewhat blunt (as i am known to be) i think it is noone's business what i am doing in my bed (figuratively, not literaly) as long as all involved are doing so by choice. Going off tangents, you can apply this to religion as well. It is noone elses business whom/if i worship. You can even mix the two (religion, sexuality):... it is not the business of any religious person what i do in my bed :D

oh and... welcome me :D