i think i'm in love with a straight boy...

Dick_Smoker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd sit him down and tell him how it is. "Hey I really really like you and if I'm reading the signs right you feel the same way. If I got it wrong then I'm sorry but hope we can remain great friends" Then I'd shut up let him talk and observe him closely.
:smile:

I couldn't have said it any better. This is a perfect way to break the ice and get the conversation rolling. You have nothing to loose, except all of the torture you have been going through.
Best of luck, and please keep us informed of how it goes.:wink:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He might also just be a straight guy having a crush on you and who's open and willing to have some sex fun with you, but nothing more... Whatever you decide to do, be prudent with your emotions. Too many gay guys get their fingers burnt with horny, sexually ambivalent straight guys.

Mastur know of what he speaks. I would look at your situation in two ways. First your friend may very well "love" you but after all it's from his point of view. People can only love the way they know how, and some guys don't exactly know how to love other guys. He may be just 'feeling his way" with you. I also know that I've been guilty of being the sexually ambivalent straight guy myself even though I wouldn't use those words to describe myself. He may love you very much but not the way you need or want to be loved. I would say, just stay open to the situation and don't anticipate any particular outcome. Just see what happens. But at the same time, express your own feelings to him and let him know you're feeling confused about him and his expressions of love. You are fortunate to have another person love you, whatever the outcome. All the best. :smile:

madman411

Experimental Member
Media
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all of your thoughts on the matter! :)

Dick_Smoker, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turns out.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My memory is poor :redface:, and I can't recall if you said anything about him being aware of your sexuality?

I agree with the rest that there is some chemistry there and I think from what you have said that he likes you more than just a friend.

However, this is where it becomes difficult because he may or may not be ready to admit or persure it.

The best you can do is as you say "get the ball rolling", but as someone else mentioned, prepare yourself for a rejection just in case. What I'm trying to say is look at it as a possible promising opportunity, but don't be devestated if it he reels back.

More than likely, if that happens, it will be more about his insecurity, than his true feelings for you.

now, btw, are you purposely using smaller font? My head hurts if I try to read it with enlarging my screen view :wink:

IshmAeL12

Just Browsing
Media
At this point we still didn’t socialize much. It was mainly just in class we would talk (if ever). I’m a very shy and quiet person, especially with boys I have crushes on. As I’m prone to doing, I would sometimes avoid him because he made my heart pound so hard that I’d be too nervous to speak to him. For a while I thought that because I hadn’t really expressed a keen interest for him, he thought I wasn’t interested and thus never made an effort at conversation like I never did. Sometimes I still think this, and other times I genuinely think “no, no, no! He’s not interested in you. Stop telling yourself that he is!”
Fast-forward a couple weeks until production starts. I was on camera team thus I was always on the set and saw everyone who came and left the soundstage. Brian was there, of course, with his camera snapping pictures of everyone working. At numerous times we had to position the camera away from the crew (such as in an unused room on the set) where typically only the camera operator and assistant camera operator needed to be to get the shot. On several of those occasions, Brian would be back there with us, typically not taking pictures. When I would look away from the camera he would always be looking at me. I didn’t want to stare back or anything because another crew member was with us, and I didn’t want to risk getting caught. On another occasion our camera team had rotated so I was in another room loading film in to an extra camera magazine. Once I was done I returned to the set, put the mag to one side and went and took a seat next to the other crew members. I looked down at my phone to text someone and I could feel a hole being burned in to my head. I looked up and there he was. He was sitting there just looking right at me. Our eyes locked and I felt like we had a moment. Again, I unwillingly ruined the moment because of my nerves and pulled a ridiculous face, smiled at him, and returned to my texting. I remember he never smiled back when I did that and I again just sat there kicking myself on the inside for possibly ruining another chance. When I was called back up to continue filming I walked over to the set and took my position. Next thing I look up and he’s stood in a faux doorway on the set on his own just watching us work. I don’t know if he was just interested in seeing the camera department working or not but I thought he was definitely there because he liked me.

Additionally, on a break we were all scattered across the set eating our meals. He was sat on some scenic and props (desk, chair, etc) eating his meal while I was across the room eating mine. I looked over and he was looking right at me again. I locked on to his eyes again and we just looked at each other for what seemed like eternity. I can’t remember who looked away first, but I again got that feeling and told myself “maybe I do have a chance!”

After the production wrapped there was a party at a friend’s house. I never really party but I knew Brian would be there so I decided to make an appearance. When we first acknowledged each other’s presence he gave me a hug and we had a brief conversation before we went to talk to other groups of people. Eventually we ended up back in the same group talking. This being after several beers of course, so we had all loosened up. I noticed him looking my way on several instances, and at one point he even called me out in front of our group after looking at me extensively and asked me “hey ****, you should join the communist party with me…” (He’s a self-proclaimed communist and makes it known by wearing said artifacts.) Of course I was pretty drunk and all I could think of saying was “sure! Do I get a necklace too?!” I don’t quite remember what was said after that, but I don’t think he found the humor in it that I did. He had also hugged me several other times that night as well. Shortly before I left, he saw me walk back in to the house with several girls from our class, to which he followed us in to the kitchen, and again, he was looking at me and no one else. It was very loud inside and I couldn’t catch everything everyone was saying, but I can vividly recall him saying something along the lines of “I wanna fuck the shit out of you!” He said it from across a group of people though, so I’ve been debating whether those are the actual words he said. After he left (and hugged me for a final time) I felt no reason to stay and left. I got quite upset that night and I decided to text him. We had never texted each other before so I was unsure if he was going to answer. I had got his number off of the call sheet so I told him who it was and I asked him if he went to another party, and all he said back was “yeah, why?” I told him I was looking to go somewhere else, to which I got no reply. Two days later I saw him at school for a study session and he commented on the text in a very friendly manner. During the study session several incidences occurred in class that made everyone laugh. Each time I looked over at him (two seats down) he would just be smiling at me. At the end of the session he came up to me and hugged me again, this time for longer than usual, and he muttered something that I didn’t hear. I have texted him several times since, and all I get is one return text from him, usually containing few words. I have since taken his number out of my phone so I’m not tempted to contact him. I’ve yet to actually receive a text from him first.
could be he lost your number but was interested. He also may be shy but want physical action and just not a quicky with a man. May be he changed his number go on and approach him you could be surprised at what could happen.

madman411

Experimental Member
Media
My memory is poor :redface:, and I can't recall if you said anything about him being aware of your sexuality?

I agree with the rest that there is some chemistry there and I think from what you have said that he likes you more than just a friend.

However, this is where it becomes difficult because he may or may not be ready to admit or persure it.

The best you can do is as you say "get the ball rolling", but as someone else mentioned, prepare yourself for a rejection just in case. What I'm trying to say is look at it as a possible promising opportunity, but don't be devestated if it he reels back.

More than likely, if that happens, it will be more about his insecurity, than his true feelings for you.

now, btw, are you purposely using smaller font? My head hurts if I try to read it with enlarging my screen view :wink:

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to prep myself for rejection - I think that's one of the reasons I haven't made a move yet. With the fact that school is going to be ending soon, it's questionable whether anything should happen between us. It'll be devastating whenever we move back to where we come from and I'll never see him again. That being said, if something does happen, I won't reject or deny it, but again, should I let myself get close to him even though we'll be going our separate ways shortly?

And regarding my font: I originally typed my story in word and just pasted it on here. The font and size copied over as well. Since then I've been formatting my posts to maintain some form of continuity. My apologies for making your head hurt! :tongue:

closetbi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Check this, I've been considered by all to be straight all my life. I listen to heavy rock and play video games. I've started mulling over the idea that I could be gay a bit less than a year ago, and I had a lot of fun hooking up with a guy about a month ago. Holding your hand is gay, straight guys don't do that to each other, nor (in USA) do they hug each other or touch each others thighs. Does he know you're gay? If so, he's totally trying to make a move. He probably wants to know that you won't blab to the world and wouldn't be offended if he decided he didn't like it. He doesn't want to hurt you, and although he's not sure what he likes about you, he does like you.

Make a move! What's the worst that could happen? He tells you he doesn't think of you like that and he's straight? Then be cool about it! "Oh well, dude, you act like a fag coming on to me! And I'm gay so be careful that was pretty hot." LOL. Just keep it light and it should be cool. I doubt the worst is going to happen, and he'll probably reach for your cock 5 minutes after hooking up with you.

A

AM_092

What a long story!!! But I glad I read it...
I do think he's gay/bi! It's obvious that something's there, as you've recounted :)
Just be yourself and see where things go. Good luck!

Well you were honest about it being lenghty but, I don't thinks he's straight, stop beating around the bush and ask to go out for some drinks get him drunk and ask if he's gay after all a drunk man is an honest man but sadly I'm in the same boat as you oh and good luck it will workout evenutally hopfully sooner then later for you tho

madman411

Experimental Member
Media
So, has anything happened since?

not really, no. the last time i saw him a few days ago in class he was acting strange. i asked him what was bothering him a couple times and he eventually asked me to go outside with him. he told me that last week his ex-girlfriend was raped at a party and she wanted him to go back home and see her. he kept looking at me but i didn't know what to say to him really. i've never been in that situation before so i wasn't quite sure how to react to what he was going through. he obviously seemed bothered by the situation so i saw it best to just leave it for now. he didn't even come to class today because of some family issues so i'm under the impression he's going through a lot.

also, to answer the reoccurring questions regarding whether he knows if i'm gay or not: i don't think he does. i certainly haven't told him unless he's figured it out.

Last edited:

I'm srry to hear that and I do apologize if I seem a little cinical in my last post some how it just come out that way

A

AM_092

Well, good luck anyway! If something's meant to happen, it will :) I've never really been in the situation myself and I thought guys would be more direct with how they feel. But in this case, it's obviously more difficult since you can't be sure if he's gay. As others have said, if you believe he's gay and he does give out those vibes, then I'd say it's most likely that he is (or bi, of course).

madman411

Experimental Member
Media
Hey guys. Some of you asked for an update on everything, so this is long over due. My bad :)

As much as I’d like to report that we hit it off, sorry to disappoint. Nothing has really happened between us since my last post, but some other interesting things have happened since.

Within the past couple weeks we have started hanging out more often than we ever did. I think this is partly because of my persistence with him and he’s finally starting to cave. We are actually in the same group as each other again to make our next film so I’m seeing him quite frequently. About two weeks ago we started working out together on random days, and on several occasions he’s invited me back up to his place after making his friends leave (ok, so he’s invited me up every time). We’ve spent hours on his porch just shooting the shit, and he’s started opening up to me and telling me things that he doesn’t even tell his best friends in class.

One afternoon we were planning on working out and he told his other friends to meet at 6.30 but he told me to come whenever. I got there about 30 minutes early, and one of the first things he said to me was “ok, so no one else is going to be here until 6.30. Let’s go have gay sex.” I was quite shocked at what he said at first, but he just smiled and I said “ok!” and just laughed. Unfortunately we didn’t have sex haha, but we ended up just talking more. On one occasion before that we had gotten back from the gym and his friend was still at his place. We all talked for a while, and I couldn’t help but notice him staring at me through the corner of my eye. As soon as I made eye contact with him he would just look away. More recently a couple in our class has recently had a violent break up and he’s been talking to me about the girl. The way he talks about her makes me think that he’s developing a bit of an infatuation for her but he doesn’t want to make a move just yet because of what just happened between her and her ex. I’ve asked him several times “do you like her?” to which he just stares at his cigarette for ages and finally says, “I don’t know.” It’s weird because not too long ago he told me that every time he speaks to her he becomes less and less attracted to her, and then his story completely changes. He told me about how on set they’re always “catching each other’s stare,” which sounded all too familiar to me because the same thing happened between him and I several months prior.

Just last night he invited me to go to the movies. He didn’t say that other people would be going, but I knew there would be. I knew for a fact that he invited that girl so I made a point to ask if I could bring a girl I knew (I didn’t want to end up being 3rd wheel for the evening). My friend and I got out there early and he soon arrived on his own (looking hot as ever, I might add). We asked him what he wanted to eat, and he looked at me and said (in a serious way) “I want a bit of **** (me)…” my friend was surprised but it was quickly dismissed. We sat down and had a bite to eat before the others arrived and he asked me to go on vacation with him to Asia over the summer with him and his friend. Naturally I said yes, although we’ll have to see what happens. She later arrived with two other friends from our class and naturally he started to shift more of his attention on to her. We sat next to each other in the movies as well but we barely talked. Afterwards we all went our separate ways and I took my friend home. When I was half way back to my place I had my phone out contemplating whether to text him and see if he wanted to hang out for a bit, but before I could even type out a message my phone started to ring and it was him! (Perfect timing perhaps?) He wanted me to go over to his place and have a beer, so of course I obliged. We talked way in to this morning, but he was just telling me more about the girl in our class and I was only catching half of what he was saying due to lack of interest. Last night got me thinking though – could he just be starting to trust me more and thus he’s considering me more of a friend? I find it odd that he’s telling me all these things rather than his best friends. He’s actually asked me not to tell people about what we talk about, and when I bring up the girl in our class in public he makes gestures to tell me to not say anything. I actually asked him about why he’s trusting me and he just told me that God gave him the ability to make accurate assumptions about people and that I’m a “good, great guy.” After I left I sent him a message telling him that I haven’t been 100% truthful with him and that next time we hang out I have something to tell him. I’m debating whether I’m going to make the right choice telling him how I’ve felt about him, but I figured it would give me closure so I can move on. That, and I don't expect a negative response, even if he doesn't feel the same way.

During a party the other night we had all been drinking and he pulled me to one side and asked me to take him home later that night. I found that odd as well since he drove himself and he lived less than a mile away from the party, and he didn’t seem too out of it at all. I figured this would be the time if anything were to happen. I took him home and before he got out of my car he leaned over to me and gave me a hug while pressing his head against my arm. I figured if anything were to happen between us it would have been then and there since we were both inebriated. It didn’t, and I took that as a sign that nothing will happen. The thought that he might be using me crossed my mind as well.

So yeah, that is kind of it in a nutshell. I didn’t want to write another novel this time, but I figured I’d skim the surface on what’s been happening between us. I still feel like I’m getting signals from him, but now I’m positive that I’m seeing and hearing what I want to see and hear. It also doesn’t help how other people in my class have insisted that they think he’s gay as well. Maybe he’s covering it up? Maybe he isn’t gay? Maybe he’s bi? I don’t know.

ackomack

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you need to tell him that you're gay and that you have a thing for him (if you still do.) No need to drag it out any farther.

Like your friends and the other posters have said, he's certainly NOT 100% straight. I know a LOT of straight guys in both gay-accepting and non-gay-accepting circles of friends, and I've never heard of 2 truly straight guys holding hands and staring into each others eyes. I've never heard a truly straight guy say "i love you" or "I want you" to the other without an obvious sarcastic or joking tone.

Your friend is gay; bi at the very least. Tell him about your sexuality. If he's your true friend he won't be weirded out or put out with you. After all, you'd be sharing something with him that a "best friend" would share, similar to the things he's sharing with you.

Now as far as a romantic relationship--even if he's gay or bi, to me you seem too conflicted about this relationship and I would recommend doing everything in your power to keep your friendship at the platonic level. From my point of view, there just seems to be too much drama and angst, and I don't think relationships should be this angst-ridden at the beginning.

Best of luck! Be safe.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You can start off by just making it clear that you're gay, without filling him in about how you feel about him in particular.

Gauge his reaction, and go from there.

These are some of the toughest sitations that gay guys can be in, and I speak from experience.

After I left I sent him a message telling him that I haven’t been 100% truthful with him and that next time we hang out I have something to tell him. I’m debating whether I’m going to make the right choice telling him how I’ve felt about him, but I figured it would give me closure so I can move on. That, and I don't expect a negative response, even if he doesn't feel the same way.

Last edited:

Darkriff

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If you're afraid of how he might react, or reject you due to your sexual orientation, have you considered bringing up topics? Asking him what he thinks of the gay community blah blah blah ect ect? But like others have suggested above me, I honestly think it wouldn't fuck things up if you just told him that you were gay, or again if you're still wanting to play it safe, tell him you're bi-curious, maybe he'll open up to you a little more. It definately sounds like he's trusting you with quite a bit, show him that you trust him as well and he may be willing to open up even more.

And of course, let us know how it pans out :p