I think I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Vorian873, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Vorian873

Vorian873 New Member

Albums:
    With the women on this site. :) I'm new... but wow. Just afraid to strike up a conversation because I don't know the rules.

2. GoneA

Gold Member

they are same that apply outside the magic world of the internet.

3. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

Yes, same rules that apply on the "outside".

Call them all bitches and whores, tell them you have a 11" dick, make fun of their problems, and act like an asshole. You'll have to beat them away with a stick.

4. Vorian873

Vorian873 New Member

Albums:
    Nice. Wait.. I'm salivating.. damn that bell.

5. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

It seems sad- but I know from watching the way a couple of guys treat women is not necessarily untrue. A few of them have the attitude that if you treat them badly they want to get closer- and it seems to “work” for them. I always assume that it would attract the kind of lady that I would not be attracted to; but it seems to be the nice, kind ones who get caught.

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

For starters! Then consider wearing a bullet proof vest and or iron underwear.

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hey, if you chase a dog it runs...treat 'em like shit, they'll come running.

Vorian, I don't speak for anyone else, but as for me, feel free to ask me anything in the public forums you like. I don't like PMs until we've gotten to know each other in public first.

8. Alley Blue

Gold Member

This fact always struck me as both amazing and disappointing all at once.

9. KidBrown

KidBrown New Member

I find it more sad really. There's guys/girls that I know are good people who simply act like a bitch or an asshole just to attract the opposite sex. (I've done in myself)

I think I've met more crazy girls acting like my "usual" self (nice and polite, but kind of shy) than being a fraud and acting like an outgoing asshole just to try and garner some sort of attention from the opposite sex. I'm ashamed to admit that I've even knowingly changed my personality to meet girls, but I have. And the girls I'd met that way seemed much more balanced than the ex's that got to know the real me. Life isn't fair, huh?

10. Alley Blue

Gold Member

I felt like I've just "read a page out of the book that is my life".

It never ceases to amaze me how often that has worked. To the point where it seems I'm always "putting away" my natural nice-guy personality, just to appear more attractive to the paticular lady i'm interested in. Not to mention when one does this, they have to keep it up, so to speak, for fear there "cover may be blown".

Interesting enough, as I've gotten older, i've become less inclined to do all of this, just to attract a "hot girl".

11. naughty

Gold Member

Hi Vorian,

Unless you are refering to the book that came out almost 10 years ago , there are no rules! Just as each of the men here on the board are distinct individuals what may work for one woman may not work for another. The best thing to do is to take your chance.

Kid Brown,

When you say "decent" what exactly do you mean? Are you speaking of exterior appearance, intelligence, or emotional health? I think what many women may be attracted to is the same thing that men also seem to be attracted to, someone who has a sense of self and lacks desperation. Unfortunately, because the media has glamourized the "cool thug" and the "Ice cold bitch" many people are turned on by the challenge to tame the bad boys and girls. Needy people often have an internal radar that helps them find someone who seems to be mild or meek enough to take care of them and they latch on for dear life. So there is no formula, keep your mind and eyes open and know that it may take a while to find the person that is best for you. But be the best self you can be and dont worry about it. Same to you,Alley Blue!

Naughty

12. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Vorian, better take care... You can look, but you better don't touch!

13. Vorian873

Vorian873 New Member

Albums:
    But you are ohhh soo touchable Claire.. You can't see me, but I'm giving you my "sexy" look. haha

14. dlcs

dlcs New Member

I find it funny as hell that one of the authors of "The Rules" got divorced about 5 years later...

15. GoneA

Gold Member

you'll find that many facets of life will impress these sentiments upon you -
    cereal, being one of them.

you live you learn.

16. naughty

Gold Member

Yeah,

I did somewhat wince when i heard that. But I think everything in moderation and there is no rule that fits everyone. I think that book was more about having some self respect and not grovelling than it was to be taken literally. I do think people probably respect things they have to work a bit harder for but even then you can have a totally rotten person that does what "the rules" say because they are just naturally self absorbed and that isnt good either. I think we should try to live sensibly and treat others like we want to be treated and know that not everyone will like or want us and that is ok!

P.s. I didnt think it was funny at all. It is always sad when marriages break up especially when there are children involved. WHo knows the success of the books may have taken that final toll on her marriage. It is ironic but unfortunate just the same.

17. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Amen to that.

I like the "real me", but the day that I drop the facade and let a girlfriend see who I really am, is usually about 3 weeks before I find myself single again. :(

18. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

its not love

its called not having any hot girls to look at in your life
    which means you have no life
    and you should just kill yourself before you turn into some freak ball stalker.

19. curiouscat9

curiouscat9 New Member

I'm with Madam Zora on this one. Wine me and dine me in public first.

20. LittleKitten

LittleKitten New Member

Albums:
    Not sure about other girls, but for me the turn on is a guy in control. I guess there must be girls who like to be treated badly, but I think it has more to do with being interested in a guy who seems immune to feminine charm and any advantages we girls like to think we have. You don't have to be a nasty though, a man who is comfortable with himself does all that without the effort... at least, that's my experience. When a girl thinks a guy is making an effort to be liked, however he does it, she becomes less interested. Its better to just be you and see what comes along... :)

Draft saved Draft deleted