I think I'm turning into a misogynist...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by galaxus, Apr 24, 2008.

1. galaxus

galaxus Member

I dunno. I remember that I use to put women on a pedestal. back then they were still pretty foreign to me.

now that i've entered college, I have more female friends than male friends. its great. but sometimes they can be illogical, manipulative, emotional, insensitive, apathetic BITCHES.... i'm sorry i had to emphesize bitches like that, but thats how i feel.

I didn't create this thread to hate on women.... but ladies, watch yourself. get your game up.

.....just random thoughts late at night people.

2. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I cant relate to them much either. All brothers, no sisters.

3. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's Just A Phase (TM).

Wait Till You Meet The Right Girl (TM).

4. HaagenDazs

HaagenDazs New Member

Yea men can be assholish bitches sometimes.

But so can men. It's on both sides of the equation. So...

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Young women in America have often been raised to expect control, to try and exert control.

You are simply just clueing into the fact that there is a power struggle going on between you and the women in your life.

Don't take it wrong... the reason it bothers you is because you want power, too.

What you want to strive for a enough awareness of both her and your own power plays... and a woman with whom you can simply honestly discuss the issue and negotiate with.

Believe it or not... being clear and upfront about your expectations of each other is the key to a real intimacy.

But both of you must be able to discuss it for this to work.

6. slate_australis

slate_australis New Member

Albums:
    I grew up in a VERY female dominated family - grandmother, aunts, mother and sister. So in a way I know women a little too well (the "seen behind the curtain" problem), so women really aren't mysterious to me. I still think they have some personality traits that SUCK... but it's not like we're perfect human beings.

7. kundalinikat

kundalinikat Member

Phil Ayesho has some great advice!

I would say that thinking of Women In General - women are this, women are that - is a trap, and could easily lead to more so-called misogyny. After all, men are often insecure, illogical, immature, insensitive and apathetic. And when you start to look for (seek) these things in others, lo and behold, you will begin to find them.

The danger in seeing these things in others comes when you start to suspect that whatever girl you just met has these things waiting under the surface just for you. The truth is that we all have these things and some people have just practised reining them in, or behaving with better parts of themselves, a little more than others.

If a girl you meet is really so intolerable you will truly notice it (it will not be a deceptive surprise) and by contrast you can continue to notice those people who are not so immature or manipulative. Don't drive them away with suspicion, all it takes is trust. :)

8. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

There is a lot of wisdom in this mans young 23 years. He has a very good point about getting overly concerned about attributes because you will often draw yourself into people that have them and then create a self-fullfilling prophecy.

I see my brother in law do this, he's gotten better since i pulled him aside and visited with him about his feelings on women and fear of relationships. He had very valid concerns but also made mountains out of molehills when it came to seeing any of these things in a woman. He would panic and drop them. Then bitch about being alone and hover into being happy being alone because atleast he's not with a bitch, etc, etc.

Women are known for some negative attributes and there are generalizations that even I have been known to have as a woman. For the most part being raised by males makes me think more like a male so i dont do things like the silent treatment or manipulation games. I also don't see myself as the Queen who needs everyone to kiss my rings all the time.

I know my place in my relationship and it isnt to be the Queen Bitch. That kind of attitude gets you no where with people you care about. So I'd venture to say that once those bitches you refer to grow up and see that they arent truly happy trying to change everyone around them they just might aspire to be a respectful woman worth a mans time.

If they dont, they grow into bitter mean old ladies. Oh well!

9. D_Feock Mie

D_Feock Mie New Member

And to add to this you will have to step it up and become a husband. In every meaning of the word. You will be a steward and show your wife how not to be bitchy, demanding etc.

10. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

dude, that's how it's always been ...yet the species continues

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

What?

Did someone just let their bible slip out of their pants in public?

Here's the thing... Every human being is born as a manipulation machine. Every child seeks a strategy to get everything they want when they want it.

Parenting and acculturation are the processes whereby people learn what strategies are ACCEPTABLE in a society of peers.

As boys, men are taught quite comprehensively, thru competitive team sports, how to deal with a hierarchy of authority... what is and isn't fair as low man on the totem , or as team captain.
    Those who learn these lessons well will act appropriately in exercising or submitting to authority, whether they are the deck hand, or the captain of the ship.

Women in the states generally do not get this early experience... and, unfortunately, since the late 70s, they have been raised with an expectation that men are idiots, that male needs and concerns are bad and unworthy, and that men should do as women demand, and demand nothing in return.

And because most young men want desperately to get with women, they have been allowed to get away with this attitude.

The result is that women do not always understand what is and what is not "playing fair" in terms of power and authority.

But here is the upside.... older men can be hugely attractive to women when they have become confident in themselves and unwilling to allow women to push them around...
    without losing respect for women, without losing appreciation for a woman's needs and concerns being valid.

Recognize that when you run across these women of which you complain, you are being faced with spoiled girls who have never been told "no".
    If they are too far gone... then they may never learn how to deal with a world of other people's needs being just as important as their own... and they will be miserable all their lives...

But there are women out there who either were not spoiled... or are self aware enough to learn that the world is not gonna go exclusively their way.

You need to understand yourself well enough to know in what areas you can compromise to accommodate the needs of a good woman...
    and what areas in which you will stand firm for the sake of your own integrity and self respect.

And you have to find a woman who is capable of doing the same in return.

We all want the same things, more or less... the biggest difference is in the methods we employ to attain what we want.

learn that women have a right to expect something in return for what they offer... and be fair with them, and with yourself, about what you are willing to offer in exchange.

When you exude the self confidence of a man who understands himself, is willing to bend for his mate...yet stands his ground at the core of himself...

then you will find that the women drawn to you will be the ones you are looking for.

12. invisibleman

Gold Member

I have been known to be cunty. :biggrin1: Men should embrace their inner cunt and beyotchitiness.

13. D_Feock Mie

D_Feock Mie New Member

You couldn't be more wrong and you don't understand what the word means. It's your ignorance that slipped out. lol.

14. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:

Hehe. And women have been known to be pricks. and should embrace their inner cocks!
    :biggrin1:

15. RamIt

RamIt Member

Ive found women are nicer to be around and more tollerable with my dick in their mouth!

Seriously though, its easy to become jaded when you first discover how menipulative women are. Its also a lot more apparent when you are younger, and they arent as good at it. The smart women figure out how to get what they want without you even knowing its what they wanted. They have a learning curve too, with what they can and cant get away with. They dont want to be bitches, they just havent figured out how to get what they want without being obvious. Soon enough, they will lose friends and guys, and learn that their powers need to be controlled, and used responsibly.

So, if no one shows them that they cant be bitchy without consequences, they will be bitches forever. That gets hard when you fall in love with a bitchy one, and give in easily. Think of them as puppies, if you are overwhelmed with how cute they are and let them get away with fucking things up, thats what they are gonna do. Be respectful of yourself, and be firm in your convictions, and they will come around.

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Sorry... anyone that thinks husbands are supposed to "steward" their wives sounds like a typical bible thumping idiot.

Its a pejorative word in that context and implies an attitude of masculine dominance.

If your idiocy is not bible related... then I apologize for the mischaracterization.

17. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

That could be part of the problem. Personally, I don't like being put up on a pedestal. The problem with the pedestal is that as soon as you do something that doesn't seem to fit the idealized version the guy has created of you, then somehow you've let him down.

If you see women as inherently different from men in terms of their ability to be manipulative or dishonest or vindictive or whatever-negative-human-attribute, then maybe you've just had the scales fall from your eyes. We're different genders, not different species. :smile:

18. galaxus

galaxus Member

Yeah men can be assholes. I know a couple. I don't hang around them either because I can spot them a mile away.

I can't do the same thing with women. I can't spot a bitch easily. Can women spot bitches? Do Bitches spot bitches?...

19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Step one: Stop letting your penis decide who gets to be your friend.

Step two: Don't assume that because you are sexually attracted to bitchy women that all women are bitchy, manipulative women.

Step three: Don't tell me I'm wrong about your sexual attraction to bitchy, manipulative women; your other threads already tell me you are.

20. HyperHulk

HyperHulk New Member

Albums:
    I'm always amazed at the amount of hate that men can generate towards women. Women aren't committing the majority of the rapes, murders, burglaries, physical abuse, child abuse, wars, terrorism, genocide or any of the other atrocities in the world. That's all men. And yet women are the bitches? Why, because they won't sleep with you? Or because they said something catty? How many of those women were treated like shit by guys? 50% of all girls are molested. Virtually every woman I know has been sexually assaulted in her lifetime. Women aren't angry enough or mad enough. As a man I've listened to other men say the worst, most degrading things about women. So go on with your petty rant against women and the bitches they've become, you're just like most of the guys they run across. Like most that their mothers, sisters, daughters, nieces, cousins and best friends encounter everyday. But just remember, that no matter how bad women are, they've never held candle to monsters many men have been throughout history and if you can forgive men for their evils, you need to get over a couple women saying no to fucking you or talking about something silly. If you can come on here and rant against women, you deserve every bit of bitchiness they throw your way, and more.

Draft saved Draft deleted