I think its over

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
I have a gut feeling that the guy I've been seeing, the reason I'm on this forum, has given me the brush off. When we last spoke on the phone he said "I'll call you later this week" and I've yet to hear from him. That was seven days ago. Why do guys do that? Such a lame-ass way out.

We've always had great talks and open communication, and both of us have been burned in the past so I don't know why he did this. I want to call him and either give him a piece of my mind or ask him the for the courtesy of an explanation but deep down I know I should just let it go. Problem is I'm too curious to do that.

Bastard. Great sex, but bastard.

:grr:

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Self centered bastard for sure. DO NOT give him the satisfaction of an inquiry or questioning "where" did it go wrong. Maintain your superiority and power. Any fuck-head who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to be a man and come clean, certainly deserves to be banished.

Unless he's been in the hospital getting emergency open heart surgery or equivalent.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sweetheart,

Know that we are feeling for you. I must be totally silly but unless he has been doing other things that would give you this impression go about your business and if he calls again then you decide what you want to do. If you still want to deal with him slow the pace down exponentially. Observe and then if he is truly doing a hit and run back out of the parking space slowly and quietly.

Naughty K.

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks, all. As soon as he uttered the words "I'll call you later this week" I thought bullshit, I'll never hear from him again. It must be written in some guy handbook under the chapter for taking the chicken shit way out as it's not the first time I've heard that line, and probably won't be the last.

I just thought he was different, that's all.

And if it turns out he's been in the hospital or held somewhere against his wishes and he just couldn't get to a phone, well, I might forgive him. But only under those circumstances :p

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ItsJustMe@May 19 2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks, all. As soon as he uttered the words "I'll call you later this week" I thought bullshit, I'll never hear from him again. It must be written in some guy handbook under the chapter for taking the chicken shit way out as it's not the first time I've heard that line, and probably won't be the last.

And if it turns out he's been in the hospital or held somewhere against his wishes and he just couldn't get to a phone, well, I might forgive him. But only under those circumstances :p
[post=312599]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a good girl. Dont necessarily jump to that conclusion because other guys did it before. He might be the exception and then again not but at least give him the benefit of the doubt and then if he is the rule kick him to the curb!

Naughty

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ItsJustMe@May 18 2005, 07:11 PM

[post=312599]Quoted post[/post]​

Your frustration is understandable and I won't defend him. But women do this sometimes too and it's just as annoying for us. :grr:

carolinacurious:
I have a gut feeling that the guy I've been seeing, the reason I'm on this forum, has given me the brush off. When we last spoke on the phone he said "I'll call you later this week" and I've yet to hear from him. That was seven days ago. Why do guys do that? Such a lame-ass way out.

Maybe I'm the naive one here but what sort of relationship are you having where the whole thing rests on, ""I'll call you later this week" and then whether or not he calls? I mean what sort of communication do you guys have? Can't you call him? I mean, not just to bitch him out or to ask why he hasn't called, but just to call?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Carolina,

I think because this type of things happens quite often and men ( and some women ) are notorious for giving the lame (I'll call you...) exit line, it does give pause. I guess only ITSONLYME can know for sure how stable their friendship was and why she hasnt or doesnt call him herself. Perhaps she also wants to see if he is just calling her because she has called or if he has enough interest on his own to do so without prompting. It is a real question.

Naughty

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to hear about the situation "ITS". Hopefully, a resolution (whatever it may be) will present itself in the nearest future. As for the person you were seeing, I would not give them the satisfaction of a call. If indeed they intend to call you then they should be the one who has to pick up the phone.

-LongNights-

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure you are probably right and he is giving you the brush off. But I would call anyway. I don't think it is a poor reflection on you to call and find out what's up with him.

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by carolinacurious@May 19 2005, 04:47 AM
Maybe I'm the naive one here but what sort of relationship are you having where the whole thing rests on, ""I'll call you later this week" and then whether or not he calls? I mean what sort of communication do you guys have? Can't you call him? I mean, not just to bitch him out or to ask why he hasn't called, but just to call?
[post=312671]Quoted post[/post]​

I called him on Monday just to say hi and left a message. Nothing in return.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by ItsJustMe@May 18 2005, 10:57 PM

We've always had great talks and open communication, and both of us have been burned in the past so I don't know why he did this. I want to call him and either give him a piece of my mind or ask him the for the courtesy of an explanation but deep down I know I should just let it go. Problem is I'm too curious to do that.

[post=312503]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi ;)

Anyways my ex missus was like that, although she told me why she was being off with me and I guess its a fair enough reason (some lad basically tried raping her when she was very drunk, but some of her friends dragged the guy off her and kicked the shit out of him). And after that she felt like shit and was being off with me to push me away. However now she is seeing this other lad, I just got off the phone to her and all she was saying, even when it was irrelevant to the conversation was 'I love you'. Then when I asked her did she want to go out with me, was she sure all she said was 'night' repeatedly and put the phone down.

Why do girls do that? :p

Also I dont think she does love me, I think she just wants me for the orgasms and other sexual things...because she never wants to see me and is still goin on a date with that lad this Saturday, wont skip it to see me and wont even let me come along. Although she inisits its not a date. She says I wouldnt like the guy, that he's not a nice person. Or maybe cos I'd kick his teeth in :p

Yes I know I should move on lol but its so haaaaaaaaard.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
The problem's him. I'd also recommend you be on the guard for signs of borderline personality disorder or codependency, both of which relate to self-destructive behavior.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Knight+May 19 2005, 11:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight &#064; May 19 2005, 11:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ItsJustMe@May 18 2005, 10:57 PM
I have a gut feeling that the guy I&#39;ve been seeing, the reason I&#39;m on this forum, has given me the brush off.  When we last spoke on the phone he said "I&#39;ll call you later this week" and I&#39;ve yet to hear from him.  That was seven days ago.  Why do guys do that?  Such a lame-ass way out.

We&#39;ve always had great talks and open communication, and both of us have been burned in the past so I don&#39;t know why he did this.  I want to call him and either give him a piece of my mind or ask him the for the courtesy of an explanation but deep down I know I should just let it go.  Problem is I&#39;m too curious to do that.

Bastard.  Great sex, but bastard.

Hi ;)

Anyways my ex missus was like that, although she told me why she was being off with me and I guess its a fair enough reason (some lad basically tried raping her when she was very drunk, but some of her friends dragged the guy off her and kicked the shit out of him). And after that she felt like shit and was being off with me to push me away. However now she is seeing this other lad, I just got off the phone to her and all she was saying, even when it was irrelevant to the conversation was &#39;I love you&#39;. Then when I asked her did she want to go out with me, was she sure all she said was &#39;night&#39; repeatedly and put the phone down.

Why do girls do that? :p

Also I dont think she does love me, I think she just wants me for the orgasms and other sexual things...because she never wants to see me and is still goin on a date with that lad this Saturday, wont skip it to see me and wont even let me come along. Although she inisits its not a date. She says I wouldnt like the guy, that he&#39;s not a nice person. Or maybe cos I&#39;d kick his teeth in :p

Yes I know I should move on lol but its so haaaaaaaaard.
[post=312873]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Knight,
Let me hip you to this, baby. All girls are not like that. Be thankful she removed herself from your life. She was and is defective. IF she can not be straignt and tell the truth well good riddance &#33; Yes you have an impressive physical self but you are much more than that . She obviously has major issues that you can not fix
so perhaps it is all for the best .I know you are hurting no one likes to be rejected or treated wrongly. IF you start getting weak come on here and talk to one or all of us and we will bolster you up&#33; Best of luck to you and welcome to adulthood.

Naughty

Supportive Female

Just Browsing
Media
Everyone on the planet should be handed a booklet on their 18th birthday entitled "The Rules of Life."

Rule #1 should be: Never Lie in a Relationship

(or any other time?)

Think of all the millions of hours that would be saved by not wondering about what the other person is really thinking.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by ItsJustMe@May 18 2005, 02:57 PM
I have a gut feeling that the guy I&#39;ve been seeing, the reason I&#39;m on this forum, has given me the brush off. When we last spoke on the phone he said "I&#39;ll call you later this week" and I&#39;ve yet to hear from him. That was seven days ago. Why do guys do that? Such a lame-ass way out.
[...]

Well, the phrase "I&#39;ll call you later this week" or sometimes "I&#39;ll call you as soon as I can" or "We&#39;ll talk about that later" is something we use as we hope that the woman will forget about it during the time she expects us to call. Maybe the guy who uses isn&#39;t so sure about the seperation himself, and therefore want&#39;s to keep a foot in the door. I know it&#39;s not gentleman-like, but that&#39;s how guys are built.

By the way - there are many bastards that are great in bed, and many good guys who suck in bed.

Bruce

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by BruceSter+May 20 2005, 04:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; May 20 2005, 04:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ItsJustMe@May 18 2005, 02:57 PM
I have a gut feeling that the guy I&#39;ve been seeing, the reason I&#39;m on this forum, has given me the brush off.  When we last spoke on the phone he said "I&#39;ll call you later this week" and I&#39;ve yet to hear from him.  That was seven days ago.  Why do guys do that?  Such a lame-ass way out.
[...]
Bastard.  Great sex, but bastard.

Well, the phrase "I&#39;ll call you later this week" or sometimes "I&#39;ll call you as soon as I can" or "We&#39;ll talk about that later" is something we use as we hope that the woman will forget about it during the time she expects us to call. Maybe the guy who uses isn&#39;t so sure about the seperation himself, and therefore want&#39;s to keep a foot in the door. I know it&#39;s not gentleman-like, but that&#39;s how guys are built.

By the way - there are many bastards that are great in bed, and many good guys who suck in bed.

Bruce
[post=313114]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

LOL&#33;
And Bruce darlin&#39;, exactly what are you saying? Make your choice to be happy in bed and heartbroken without or be bored to tears in the sack and have life be wonderful on the outside? Well... a guy that is bad in bed can probably be helped along with some loving encouragement unless he has major issues, but a creep is a creep&#33; Thank you for so eloquently explaining the man speak to the irate female lynch mob here ready to take care of business with ITSJUSTME&#39;s admirer. LOL&#33; I still have to say that you are just as cute as you can be&#33;

Naughty

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
Bruce, I second what Naughty says about you being as cute as can be&#33; And thank you very much for offering additional insight to what phrases like this can mean. I&#39;ll pull the pins out the imaginary voodoo doll I made of him :p