i think i've finally lost all interest in men.

drac

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
everyone has turning points.

this thread, in case you'd not noticed, isn't complaining about the man i'm with. far from it, because the man is great. it's asking about societal pressures to be part of a couple.

please try to keep up, pet.

No need to keep up, if you are sooo concerned with what other people think, societal pressures, in regards to your happiness then, you LOSE. Who gives a damn what society thinks about relationships.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No need to keep up, if you are sooo concerned with what other people think, societal pressures, in regards to your happiness then, you LOSE. Who gives a damn what society thinks about relationships.
you're trying way to hard here.
try being more flippant.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
everyone has turning points.

this thread, in case you'd not noticed, isn't complaining about the man i'm with. far from it, because the man is great. it's asking about societal pressures to be part of a couple.

please try to keep up, pet.

Because people being different scares a lot of people. Just like when you get married, the pressure is to have a child.

I think misery loves company.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Vittles, red neck for food.

Think Beverly Hillbillies
ahhhhh! my new word for the day. :smile:
Because people being different scares a lot of people. Just like when you get married, the pressure is to have a child.

I think misery loves company.
and there are gay guys who've done the wife & kids bit.
spending the rest of their lives having sex that repulses.
just because everyone wants and expects it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
sorry. I'm sure he's too good for you.

so give him the old "it's not you, it's me" speech and be done with it.

he can move on to a younger female, preferably without children in tow.
you're right.

...except for the younger-than-me bit.
i'm ten years younger than him. any younger would be seedy.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
!

doll, after i split with the ex i was celibate & without for three years.:eek:

people who know me?
well the women who can't live without a man don't get it,
and men in general just don't get it.
my parents certainly don't get it at all!
i think you give people credit for being more rational than they are.:biggrin1:

but what defines a keeper? i would say that, if i'm honest, most of my boyfriends have been keepers. i just didn't want to keep them though.

but you've sort of hit the crux...what is necessary?

You seem quite unsettled because you want more from life, but you're smart enough to know that you can only achieve this yourself.

I don't know what you want to do, but once you start working for it you'll be happier, even if those around you won't be.

Don't waste your life not doing what you'd like to do.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You seem quite unsettled because you want more from life, but you're smart enough to know that you can only achieve this yourself.

I don't know what you want to do, but once you start working for it you'll be happier, even if those around you won't be.

Don't waste your life not doing what you'd like to do.
sage advice.

thanks.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a crazy, mixed up world we live in.

The weird part, if you believe it, is that we women are supposed to be man's missing rib...

...which is, maybe, why they get boners when they look at us???

Just sayin' ...

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My older sister was single (never married) until marrying at age 42. At every family function, she was grilled on when she was going to get married.:mad:

My male cousin (a year younger) was never questioned like this - only was ribbed and teased (and, no doubt, being envied) about "sowing oats" and being a "player." :irked:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a crazy, mixed up world we live in.

The weird part, if you believe it, is that we women are supposed to be man's missing rib...

...which is, maybe, why they get boners when they look at us???

Just sayin' ...
spare ribs, anyone?
My older sister was single (never married) until marrying at age 42. At every family function, she was grilled on when she was going to get married.:mad:

My male cousin (a year younger) was never questioned like this - only was ribbed and teased (and, no doubt, being envied) about "sowing oats" and being a "player." :irked:
jeez...does she manage to stay polite?

it's like ''batchelor'' is a good word. men describe their homes as batchelor pads, have batchelor parties.
the female equivalent is ''spinster'', and it's used as an insult or in pitying tones.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so the topic up for discussion is,
the social pressure to get a man and the assumption we're incomplete without one.

They actually have an entire program, magazine and all, for people who uphold the idea of being single or at least not "completed" by their partners and live-ins is ridiculous. They actively combat it.

Also, I'm happy you've given up on men. You hardly deserve the happiness you seek, and further you're not worth the effort to put up with. No woman is. [/opposing sides]

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Actually I'd rather be teased about being unmarried than be teased about not fucking everything in sight. Males who are older who "uphold morals" are considered to be losers. Worse yet people question "When will you get married?" later on in life while the male is questioned "Why can't you get no ass?" very early, to the point of societal pressure breakdowns in some cases.

Let's trade. ^_^

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They actually have an entire program, magazine and all, for people who uphold the idea of being single or at least not "completed" by their partners and live-ins is ridiculous. They actively combat it.

Also, I'm happy you've given up on men. You hardly deserve the happiness you seek, and further you're not worth the effort to put up with. No woman is. [/opposing sides]
who does deserve to be happy?

me? i do volunteer work, make regular donations, pick up after my big gay dog, help old ladies cross the street, study hard and live a peaceful existence.
and honestly, if i remove romance i'll be reasonably happy with the way it is...with the exceptions of neurotic mothers, hormonal kids and needy siblings. oh, and people who park on the pavement.