I Think My Roommate Might Be Bi/bi-curious?

lhackett

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think my roommate might be bi/bi-curious. He’s had several girlfriends in the past and has sex with them all. He’s always trying to find girls to hook up with too but I think it might just be a cover up. It sometimes feels like he’s flirting with me at times. I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could find out if he’s bi/bi-curious without coming straight out and asking him. Also wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to make a move on him if he is. I’m still bi in the closet so I’m not sure what the best move is, but I think he suspects that I’m bi. Thanks for the help in advance!

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You didn’t mention how long you’ve known him or been roommates.
Chill out and let things take their natural course. The opportunity to chat about sexuality will come up organically if you’re patient.
Be prepared to completely fuck up your friendship and rooming arrangement by tossing sex into the mix.

lhackett

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We’ve been friends for about a year and living together since August. He’s just been throwing crazy hints my way so I’m not sure if he’s wanting me to act on them or it’s him just “joking”. I’m not really trying to develop anything with him (although I wouldn’t be opposed to it) but I’m just curious as to whether he is or not

We’ve been friends for about a year and living together since August. He’s just been throwing crazy hints my way so I’m not sure if he’s wanting me to act on them or it’s him just “joking”. I’m not really trying to develop anything with him (although I wouldn’t be opposed to it) but I’m just curious as to whether he is or not
What's an example of a crazy hint?

Reactions: DildoShwaggins

Today he compared himself to pennywise the clown because he “loves swallowing kids” and in the past when I’ve been picking on him, he’s asked if I “hate him because he’s gay”
Mmm, could just be banter but does sound a bit edgy - maybe you can be his babadook ;)

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I were you I’d quietly let him know you’re bi. Like mention to him that you think a guys is hot, talk about an ex boyfriend/hook up (doesn’t have to exists) or something along those lines.

if he’s bi and he’s into then he’s going to let you know straight after that.

I’d say just keep it friendly and if he decides to act on it then you know. If you try and move things quicker than anyone’s comfortable with, things get messy and not in the good way lol

People are easy to figure out, it’s the emotional aspect that’s the tricky part

Reactions: lhackett

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm curious how you're reacting when you think he's dropping hints? Are you just ignoring it? Or are you playfully flirting back? How open (or chill, or relaxed, or playful, or all of the above) you come across is likely going to impact his comfort level if he is curious, and if he's not curious, well then you're at least both enjoying being flirty and relaxed with each other.

Everything everybody's said above re emotional aspects, potential friendship impact (good or bad), etc is still sound advice, but a bridge to cross (or not) once you're both on the same page.

I've had numerous roommate/friend situations where playful flirting is part of our bond and just fun. I've also had them where they escalated (pretty much the entire first couple years of sexual experience were defined by me presenting myself as open to it/down for it to curious guys). I think I was probably in a different headspace from you; I've always been very relaxed and chill about sex and letting it just be fun without turning into a relationship or needing to impact friendship. In blunter terms (lol) I tend to hint/imply that I'd be down to suck a bud off or get fucked even if it's just playful flirting etc, and I don't require reciprocation so that's usually implied or said outright too. So for guys that have been curious it's planted the seed of thought; not all acted on it obviously, but the ones that did or pushed the envelope with me have ended up getting every drop of cum drained out of them lol.

Point being, my receptiveness and playfulness and relaxed state of mind is what moved the needle with curious guys, and also didn't move the needle with the ones who were just messing around.

lhackett

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm curious how you're reacting when you think he's dropping hints? Are you just ignoring it? Or are you playfully flirting back? How open (or chill, or relaxed, or playful, or all of the above) you come across is likely going to impact his comfort level if he is curious, and if he's not curious, well then you're at least both enjoying being flirty and relaxed with each other.

Everything everybody's said above re emotional aspects, potential friendship impact (good or bad), etc is still sound advice, but a bridge to cross (or not) once you're both on the same page.

I've had numerous roommate/friend situations where playful flirting is part of our bond and just fun. I've also had them where they escalated (pretty much the entire first couple years of sexual experience were defined by me presenting myself as open to it/down for it to curious guys). I think I was probably in a different headspace from you; I've always been very relaxed and chill about sex and letting it just be fun without turning into a relationship or needing to impact friendship. In blunter terms (lol) I tend to hint/imply that I'd be down to suck a bud off or get fucked even if it's just playful flirting etc, and I don't require reciprocation so that's usually implied or said outright too. So for guys that have been curious it's planted the seed of thought; not all acted on it obviously, but the ones that did or pushed the envelope with me have ended up getting every drop of cum drained out of them lol.

Point being, my receptiveness and playfulness and relaxed state of mind is what moved the needle with curious guys, and also didn't move the needle with the ones who were just messing around.
I flirt right back with him and he usually smiles and laughs. Thank you for giving your experience with it too

Danefin

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There’s 4 other people living in the house lol, not happening unfortunately
There’s other ways to introduce nudity - peaking out of athletic shorts when not wearing underwear. Walking out of bathroom/shower and towel drops. Subtle VPL.

Reactions: Bakuba and diver6