I THINK the neighbors cut my tire.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I have shit head neighbours too. I went from the best neighbours in the world to the worst trailer trash you could imagine (the good ones moved to another town). When they started their B.S. with me I called the police. They got the message loud and clear that I was not to be triffled with. They haven't bothered me in almost 2 years. We don't talk to each other and we both keep to our sides of our property. If you need proof, you can pick up a surveillance system pretty cheap nowadays and record the evidence for the police.

It's great when you can be friendly with your neighbours, but some people are impossible and disrespectful of others. When that happens, I think it is best to be firm and say fuck it to the good neighbour policy. Thankfully I have three great neighbours on the other side of me who I get along with really well.
Hi AGO8, just a quickie, may need to be careful with this, i did surveillance system on my car and gave to the police and almost got prosecuted by the police because i had not put a sign up informing my nasty neighbours that they were under surveillance and they were tryong to do me for invasion of privacy, even though it showed them nicking my wheels never mind slashing the tyres

Hi AGO8, just a quickie, may need to be careful with this, i did surveillance system on my car and gave to the police and almost got prosecuted by the police because i had not put a sign up informing my nasty neighbours that they were under surveillance and they were tryong to do me for invasion of privacy, even though it showed them nicking my wheels never mind slashing the tyres

Thanks for the heads up Tardis 69! It's a crazy world we live in when the victims are being prosecuted instead of those committing the crime. Thankfully I didn't have to resort to using surveillance. My crappy neighbours haven't given me any grief since the police got involved 2 years ago. Cheers! :cool:

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
If it was slashed you wouldn't have been able to fill it, and you would have heard the air coming out as you tried to fill it.

I haven't checked it again yet, so rubirosa's comment on this may still hold water. And the compressor is loud as hell, so I don't know about hearing the leak. Jury's still out on it. I'm gonna give it another hour or so before I go out and check it.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
i used to live within a gated community..

..and the guards are completely useless.

My grandmother lives in a gated neighborhood, and I once spent my entire vacation there getting harassed by a security guard from a different neighborhood. She was somehow convinced that the grounds keeper was the head of neighborhood development, that she was in the right area and that she had somehow been promoted to head of security. That trip was a trip.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't checked it again yet, so rubirosa's comment on this may still hold water. And the compressor is loud as hell, so I don't know about hearing the leak. Jury's still out on it. I'm gonna give it another hour or so before I go out and check it.

if someone stuck a knife through your tire... and you went to fill it up with air after, no matter how loud the compressor is...your gona hear and/or see the air coming out..and you cant exactly slash someones tire with a pin..its not a bike tire, you need to apply ALOT of force with a sturdy , sharp object to get through a car tire, unless they are 20 years old and dryrotted shit

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stapledshut, this is FL, get used to nails, nobody cares what they drop on the roads around here. I get them all the time, that's just slack apathy. Now come out and find someone has hit your car and taken off, that's intentional. I have a couple of neighbor's that park too close to mine and whenever they do park next to me I move my vehicle. I don't know if they do it intentionally, but the yellow lines mean nothing to them as they pull into the space at whatever angle they come in at and if they are lucky to line it in that space straight, they should win some kind of prize. One idiot drives a cab and the other is an elderly woman, a third world alien from Haiti (she speaks creole and I've never heard her utter a word of English, I think she practices Voodoo, because she's always chanting weird incantations, either that or she's just communicating with whomever she happens to be talking at ?). Her car looks like she's come in " too hot" into parking spaces far too often. Drives an older sun faded Kia mini-suv that looks like a crushed beer can empty all around the entire vehicle and her front and rear bumpers are rusted, caved in and mangled. There are a handful of us in that area of the parking lot with nicer vehicles and we park in packs to protect each other's investments.

There a re a few carpenters and drywall workers too, those people drop nails all over the parking lot all the time, if not all over the roads when they leave and commute for work everyday.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
It's lost quite a bit of air. It isn't completely flat, mind you, but bad enough that I should refill it before going anywhere. Son of a bitch... I gotta see if I can find a jack somewhere in this house so I can get the thing off of there and try to find the leak.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you should have a jack in your car... unless you planned on walking home or calling for help in the event of a flat
if its been sitting there all this time after pumping it up and not totally flat yet, theres no way someone slashed your tire.. you have a slow leak somewhere

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
"Should" being the operative word there. The previous owner took out the jack and the lug-wrench before he sold it, and I failed to check before I bought it. If I can't find one in the back of the house, I'm gonna see if my roommate has one.

I wouldn't exactly call it a slow leak. It went halfway flat just sitting in place for 4 hours.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Discarding nails isn't just a FL thing. At my old job in TN, some jerkoff scattered roofing nails in the parking lot. Fortunately, I didn't hit any of them.

I can relate to that story, a few year's back @ the Firestone store, they displayed all 4 tires that the woman who was a victim of a massive nail dumping on the road. Bear in mind the tires didn't go flat on her as she drove the car into the tire store. But there were so many nails in the tires that pulling each one out would've taken forever and there was no guarantee that patching the holes or even plugging them that the tires would've been serviceable. I had never seen so many nails in all 4 tires in my entire life, it was like a whole box of them had been dumped and spread over the roadway.

Yep, any of these rural southern towns, high concentrations of construction people. Back in the early 90's, I worked for a guy that sub contracted for Sears as a vinyl siding worker. We had to pull all kinds of nailed materials off the sides of houses in Jax, FL and load it into a flatbed trailer to take to the dump. I don't doubt some of that somehow made it onto the roads. I'm not built for siding and roofing work, it takes a special individual to do that kind of work on a day to day basis for a living.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then you'd be aware that the vast, vast, VAST majority of the world, even the 'first' world, does not live in areas with security guards looking out for their stuff.
As usual you are correct. Hopefully, he will soon be exposed to the real world and learn from it, without being hurt.:cool:

Seriously man, do you think those security guards go home after their shift to a neighbourhood that pays other security guards to look out for their shit?
:biggrin1: Such a funny mental image that gives me.

Stapled - If it was foul play, hopefully someone just let the air via the valve. Or maybe you had something stuck in the tire that was kind of sealing it's own puncture, if you know what I mean, but this time when you parked it got moved about. That has happened to me before. A nail, for example, in the tyre can sometimes not leak for a while.
I used to be a receptionist at a steel mill. There were sometimes shards of sharp metal and nails in the parking lot. It was a small family run operation and the owner always sprang for the repair or replacement of any tire damaged on site.

Unless his neighbors planned to drive him crazy with a slow leak.
tee hee hee :lmao: Stranger things have happend. :tongue:
He will have to look for any suspicious people carrying pin cushions.:biggrin1:
If it is foul play, an ice pick is more likely.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's lost quite a bit of air. It isn't completely flat, mind you, but bad enough that I should refill it before going anywhere. Son of a bitch... I gotta see if I can find a jack somewhere in this house so I can get the thing off of there and try to find the leak.

For that I usually keep some of those tar plugs and plugging tool that you can buy @ Discount Auto for about $ 5 in the event it's a nail. Service stations usually try to get you to patch them for $ 15 or more, they've even raised plugging them to $ 7-8 to discourage plugging. The do it yourselfer kit isn't bad for a nail if it isn't a huge railroad spike sized nail.

To be honest, I had a patch done once during the FL rainy season. You hit a puddle of water and water doesn't compress so the force actually hits the hole and forces it's way in and works the patch free. That patch lasted about 2-3 weeks. With that particular tire, I put a plug in that didn't last but about 2-3 weeks and finally I used an inner tube that got me down the road another month before it finally blew. I think I put another $ 30-40 into the tire, before eventually replacing the entire set. I drive about 300+ miles a week so 1,200 more miles on low tread tires before replacing the whole set.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I can relate to that story, a few year's back @ the Firestone store, they displayed all 4 tires that the woman who was a victim of a massive nail dumping on the road. Bear in mind the tires didn't go flat on her as she drove the car into the tire store. But there were so many nails in the tires that pulling each one out would've taken forever and there was no guarantee that patching the holes or even plugging them that the tires would've been serviceable. I had never seen so many nails in all 4 tires in my entire life, it was like a whole box of them had been dumped and spread over the roadway.

Shit!
This was just a fistful of nails. Of the ten people that worked there, only 3 caught nails (two caught 1 each and one caught 2). We think somebody was pissed at the cops, because they were laid out where cops often parked in the afternoon to watch for speeders.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
For that I usually keep some of those tar plugs and plugging tool that you can buy @ Discount Auto for about $ 5 in the event it's a nail. Service stations usually try to get you to patch them for $ 15 or more, they've even raised plugging them to $ 7-8 to discourage plugging. The do it yourselfer kit isn't bad for a nail if it isn't a huge railroad spike sized nail.

If I can find the leak, I'll probably just plug it myself for the time being, atleast until I can afford to replace the tire.