I tunes being hacked

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mr. Snakey, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Many customers accounts on I tunes have been hacked and the hackers are going on a spending spree with the users information. Some users say Apple has done little too help them. The credit information was stolen from one woman. She got a call from her credit card company. They asked if she spent $7,000 worth of I Pad apps.

APPLE Pulls Apps Citing Fraud...

2. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    DEAR SWEET LORD! I am an itunes addict thanks for sharing the info.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

One time I'm happy to report I'm old fashioned. I buy CD's and download them to my ipod!

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

It's a good idea to change your password and make it much stronger. However i think the problem was caused by Apple with faulty apps. If they don't fix it a stronger password will do nothing.

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm just going to remove my CC info and buy pre-paid itunes cards from now on AND change my password. This is ridiculous!

6. Incocknito

Gold Member

From what I've read it seems that there is some malicious code in some of the iTunes apps which probably logs text entries (keylogging).

If the servers were hacked then I'd expect the hacker(s) to have downloaded more than 400 peoples' info.

The other possible method is spoofing but apparently that didn't happen.

I don't own an ipod. I would buy an MP3 player and not an ipod. Not because of this story, just because MP3 players are cheaper and that's all I want it for.

Internet access (such as on the ipod) is a liability and/or a needless accessory IMO.

7. scarletfury

scarletfury New Member

Seriously! Same here. I love to have a hard copy of albums I really like and honestly, who wouldn't?

Quoted. I have a Creative Zen 60GB hard disk player that does music, video, photo and radio and I am extremely happy with it. Got it used as well. I also have zero plans to even buy anything Apple provides because I'm simply not a fan of their items. Incidents such as these also make me even more avoidant. With so many incidents of people not protecting their personal info (such as storing it all on their iphone and then losing it or getting it stolen) we can expect to see fraud increase dramatically.

Internet access on these devices is a nice little feature but do we need it? Seriously, I'm only 25 and I feel extremely old fashioned and think that internet access on these stupid phones and devices today is entirely pointless.

#7 scarletfury, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  8. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Serves 'em right.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do not access the internet on my ipod. But I do use itunes to download music and put it on my ipod. I have an mp3 player, but my dad bought me an itouch. It's my most favorite thing because he gave it to me.:biggrin1:

10. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Thats a very good idea getting the prepaid cards. However if they can hack CC info, they can hack the prepaid cards too. However if it's a $10 or $20 loss it won't be nearly as bad as them having a run with your credit card. I am very pro consumer. It burns me up when a company like Apple sells total garbage and dose not care about the customers safety. Good people spending their hard earned money and getting screwed. Microsoft has been guilty of this too. However nothing this bad.

11. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly I have been a fan of downloading music since I first heard of it. I can preview whatever song I wish and download it vs buying a cd that I might hate everything else on. Plus I am so very eclectic when it comes to music I would have a house full of cds. Having all of my music on my Tdrive or on the ipod is much better for me. However I do not want to risk having my CC numbers hacked for a few songs.

12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I'm going to send you a link which will solve your problems and save you money.:wink:

13. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Send away please Sir because I am so very stingy with my money:cool:

14. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lmao:

Draft saved Draft deleted