I turned 20 today, and I feel like shit.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by optimum, Oct 14, 2007.

1. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    I've suffered from anxiety and depression for years, and I always thought that with time and therapy I might be able to overcome it. I long to be a child again, and have not been able to cope with growing up. I go to college, teach guitar, and generally live a very normal life, but somehow, there's always been that something that never quite clicked for me.

Now I'm in the double digits, and I feel worse. I haven't had friends, or a special girl in years. I often feel as if I'm still 13, struggling to grasp any real motivation or lust for living.

Anyone else have similar circumstances, or have any advice for how to deal with this?

2. D_Hamish Honkinhuge

D_Hamish Honkinhuge Account Disabled

IMO its only a number.
    Im 40jogjebxbnhih years old. Still feel as young as ever.
    No GF which is sometimes better, less hassle. Good job, my own place.
    Only the needing the sex part is bad but you can still J/O!

Friends are where you find them. You are probably one of those that need a few special friends. And when i say friends, i mean it. Not FTF.

We are all put here with a purpose in mind. Yours is probably just not apparent yet. But i think it will soon be!

Be positive, laugh, smile and don't take life so seriously.

Happy Birthday!!

Have some fun, upload some pics of your cock!
    Its really kind of stimulating!!

3. viking1

Gold Member

Yep, I'm 46, and feel the same way. I have no girlfriend, no real friends at all. I've never had a good job, and I usually hate the one I have now.
    I've had insecurity and depression for at least 35+ years.

I have no idea what to tell you. Try a different therapist, or different approach. At least you are still young and there is hope. I'm old and most all hope is gone for me...

I wish luck in finding what you need...:smile:

4. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

I feel the same and I'm 21! So you've got at least another year lol.

My main problem is figuring out what to do with my life.

I'd love to be a songwriter or any kind of writer. And I envy you for being able to play guitar!

Pursue the music!

If I'm honest I have one good friend, who I've grown up with. The rest, are just people I know and there's some kind of clash/we don't get on very well. Although most of the time its okay.

Happy birthday anyway :smile: enjoy the cake.

I feel like I missed/was denied a proper childhood too, for reasons I won't go into. Anyway, I know how you feel and you are not alone in the world! If you go to group therapy, you'll meet many people like yourself. That was an eye opener for me. Especially since I was the youngest there and everyone else was a lot older; I thought older people 'had their shit together' and didn't get anxious/depressed etc.

But then that's probably due to my family background. Mental illness/depression don't exist and if you aren't a total extrovert, something's wrong with you :rolleyes:

Sorry if I went on a bit, however you could meet likeminded people at guitar classes or seminars or something? Or whatever else you're into.

Work on yourself first, don't worry about girls. On reflection, I've found that my relationships (all...three of them) with girls didn't work out probably because of me. I would even say me more than them.

You come first. Girls come second. Good luck. There's no rush and no mandate saying you have to have your whole life mapped out by 20/21/any age.

And its not easy, especially if you've had little to no guidance or support.

Good luck :smile:

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I know where you're coming from. I felt about the same way when I was about the same age, growing up and becoming disillusioned with everything when it didn't turn out how I wanted or expected it to and found out not everything was the way they tell you it is when you're still a child.

Also, hate to break the news to you, but you've been in double digits for 10 years now.

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Make sure you have a great birthday. Why not spend a little time thinking about everything that is good in your life :wink:. There are very few people who can say that they are totally happy about all aspects of their life you know. The secret is to dwell on the good. If there are things which make you particularly unhappy then put some energy into changing them.

Being 20 is wonderful so don't waste it :wink: and welcome to the Forum.

7. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    Yea, I meant to say decades.

That's how completely detached I am.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Happy 20th Birthday Ampblaster!

:flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1::flowers1:
    :banana::fest30::banana::fest30::banana::fest30: ​

Peace Out,
    :240: njqt466

Perhaps you need to change therapists or medications. Or maybe something truly drastic is called for, like a change of venue. Have you considered transfering to a college in another state?

9. viking1

Gold Member

Oh, I forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I didn't even tell anyone about my birthday. I'd just like to forget them...

10. D_Gene_Rugburn

D_Gene_Rugburn Account Disabled

Guys PLEASE...STOP....
    I am sure that all of you are great guys...take a deep breath and hold it til u think u can't last any longer...breathe out n push every bit of hurt, hate and badness out keep blowing til u feel that ur lungs are gonna stick. now breath deep but steady in 2..3 hold 2..3 out 2..3 hold 2...3 in 2...
    keep going til u feel totaly relaxed

I have looked at each of ur profiles and I would play with u.... I have male friends that would play with u and female friends that would play with u whatevr takes ur fancy. u should all be proud to be male and hard.

11. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Happy Birthday, Think of all the great things that come with being an adult. You can go wherever you want, whenever you want. Good luck, maybe a change in medication will help.

I would never want to be 13 again, but I would love to be 20 again.:wink:

12. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    I know I must have sounded like an attention-starved, whiny bitch, but I do want to say thanks to everyone. I appreciate the input and the birthday wishes.

13. viking1

Gold Member

I'd love to be 13 again. At least then I wasn't old, worn out, and back didn't hurt...

14. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yikes! I wish you were having a HAPPY birthday!!

You're smart, kind and very good looking -- sounds to me like you need to "reprogram" how you're viewing (and responding to) the world.

I'm studying NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming) and REBT ([SIZE=-1]rational emotive behavior therapy) [/SIZE] -- and if nothing else, reading about these things would occupy that very sharp mind of yours:

Core NLP beliefs

intro to REBT (video)

15. viking1

Gold Member

I wish someone could figure out how to reprogram the human mind. I'd be all out for a complete reload and reboot...

16. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

You can reprogram your own mind/reverse your negative thinking.

I think that's what hotmilf was getting out; its the aim of therapy/counselling.

Depression/negative thinking is a habit. Habits can be broken. There are good habits and bad habits.

Now I only occasionally indulge the habit of negative thinking rather than daily.

Nice site(s) milf :smile:

17. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the sites, hotmilf. I'll be looking into this stuff extensively. You're a sweetie.

Once again, thanks for the advice guys.

18. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Happy Birthday sweety!

19. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

at 20, i thought life would suck as i got older. it didn't. many bumps. some pretty significant. but each day can be something special if you make it that way, and the pieces fall into place.

you're going to be fine. don't stress.

20. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

when I turned 20 it felt like any other age it didn't phase me, but I think things are getting worse I know how you feel.

Draft saved Draft deleted