I used to be much bigger

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
there is another very logical explanation which I think is most likely. I taught math. I was amazed at how many intelligent kids couldn't measure with a ruler. I was amazed at how far off some would be trying to measure. Another possibility is trying to use a ruler that the end starting at zero was broken off. So, if the you are using a broken ruler, you will get the wrong answer

Another possibility is that you used a tape measure. I have measured things and got a very obvious wrong answer. Then I looked that the measure tape and realized that tie first six or seven incehs was missing. (I've seen tape measures that has the first two inches measiing but that isn't revelent is this case.)

Several have mentioned other ways that you could have measured incorectly or your memory really has played tricks on you. I'm taking the high road here and accepting that you aren't lying and this length is what is in your memory banks either one of the possibilites of how you got the wrong measurement as a teen is what happened or your memory is indeed playing tricks on you.

Of course you could have just made it up. But I will accept that you are being honest and sincere in what you remember from being a teen.

If indeed you did measure corerctly, you need to see a doctor.