I Want A Kilt

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Never heard of a Welsh kilt, but the ancient Irish wore saffron coloured kilts.

TBH, up until a few years a go, I did not know there was such a thing either, until my Welsh mate pointed it out to me, and showed me his family colours.

Also, the spelling is slightly different, as Cilt, but the general idea is about the same.

That Welsh tartan site, also has a good general day to day wear version, for use (As the site puts it), for sporting events, going to a bar, etc, and is around a 10th of the cost of a normal full 8 yard outfit.

Well mine is on it's way so maybe I'll put up some pics of me in it next week.

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Had the opportunity to try one on this last Sunday and must say it was very comfortable and very easy to move in, especially when helping break up a fight ;).

There is a certain member here that I will be buying mine through when I get the chance. :biggrin1:

I've had mine for a few years now, and love it. Bought mine here in Seattle at Utilikilts. (I don't work for them, nor will I get any kickbacks) The best in kilts anywhere bar none. LOVE MINE.

Peace

I have a feeling I know whom you're talking about, but to my knowledge, he doesn't market them, himself personally.

I can't imagine why you would. It's really just not done.
I doubt then we are talking of the same person. My contact is actually relatively new and doesn't post haha. unless of course you've run into him in the chat which is very likely possibility as that's where I ran into him myself. :)

I've had mine for a few years now, and love it. Bought mine here in Seattle at Utilikilts. (I don't work for them, nor will I get any kickbacks) The best in kilts anywhere bar none. LOVE MINE.

Peace
That's precisely the brand I was looking into. They feel great and I had the pleasure of trying one on very recently.

NudePreston

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LOVE THE UTILIKILTS!!

Ok, I'm totally gay... But the women that are up I'm my kit are amazing!!! Men run from them like it's gonna jump out and bit 'em. But the ladies are totally into them... And will check to see if your "true" or not. Just love it!

Maybe it's the US, but evenn the Gay Boys are afraid of my Utilikilts!

S
Don't work for them or any kick backs, but: UTILIKILTS - American Made Utility Kilts for Everyday Wear. Get one or three, I did!!!

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And BTW, there isn't a drop of "Celtic" DNA in Scotland, Wales, or Ireland. That's another big nationalist myth. The cultrues were Celtic, but the DNA is actually Neolithic from the Basque region of Northern Spain!

Go figure. What a laugh.

There was an older theory that during the ice age there was a kind of hide-out in the Basque area, but I think the reverse is now more plausible, that the Gulf stream may have made Ireland a sanctuary in the ice age for those who were lucky enough to find it. Afterwards, it may have been easier for neolithic raiders and traders to penetrate inland along the coastlines and waterways than it would have been for forest and cave dwellers to become navigators. If that's true, then the R1B1B2 haplogroup map makes sense, with a coastal network stretching all along the coasts (see attached DNA map).

There would have been practical reasons for this since inland travel was difficult and dangerous before the Romans came along. The coastal networks are probably the reason that gold hoards from 8th c. BC Ireland were second in quality only to those in Egypt, and why similar designs in tools & jewels seemed to crop up almost simultaneously in remote places like what is now Ireland, Russia, or the Middle East. Difficult to imagine if trade routes were on land only, but less difficult to imagine if trade networks were along coasts and waterways.

Attachments

I absolutely love my new kilts. I've been wearing them around the house the last 3 days and even wore one after sparring at my jiu jitsu studio tonight. The guys I train with were actually all interested in it.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I absolutely love my new kilts. I've been wearing them around the house the last 3 days and even wore one after sparring at my jiu jitsu studio tonight. The guys I train with were actually all interested in it.
How fun! I'll check back to see if you post photos of your new kilts.

As soon as I can get the timer to work on my camera or get my roomie to take some pics ill throw them up :)

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure