I want a new camera.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
:BoomSmilie_anim::rocketwhore::swordfight: :AR15firing: :hijacked: Avast ye, matey!

It is a lovely old thing.
Don't talk about Rubi that way. He's more sensitive than you.

There isn't a lot of room for dragons or demons in Bach's sonic universe.
One imagines the universe as a great and flawless clock, unruffled by human drama and projection.
Well, I think there is a great deal of nuance, variation, color, and passion to be mined there, though I agree, much of the instrumental music has that effect on the mind.

At first I read this as: "One imagines the universe as a great and flawless cock, unruffled by human drama and projection." , which is of course wildly appropos given the venue, and intriquing on so many levels.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
It is a lovely old thing. If I had the money, I'd go straight for a Linhof 8X10. As it stands, I'll probably someday get around to either building one from a kit or buying a used Calumet 4X5.

I almost bought a Technika 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 back in my salad daze, when I was all about cucumber.
$600 with three lenses.
I was tapped out a bit, and a bit stoopid ... so I didn't jump on the opp.

Well, I think there is a great deal of nuance, variation, color, and passion to be mined [in the music of Bach], though I agree, much of the instrumental music has that effect on the mind.
There's a lot of all of that, but an underlying sense that we live in a god-ordered world.
And the god seems reasonably benevolent.

(In this post-hickster world, we can no longer be certain of that.)
At first I read this as: "One imagines the universe as a great and flawless cock, unruffled by human drama and projection." , which is of course wildly appropos given the venue, and intriquing on so many levels.
I could worship that.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
There's a lot of all of that, but an underlying sense that we live in a god-ordered world.
And the god seems reasonably benevolent.
Or at least a well-ordered Universe. Why it is so centering, satisfying for me I suppose.
I require this, hunger for this, and Bach delivers.

I could worship that.
The mind races . . . so many things I could say.

I was all about cucumber.
Was?

Last edited:

What advantage do those accordion-like old cameras have over the later lens / telephoto styles?

So has the balance in your Paypal account gone up?
And if so,
Did you get that new camera?
And why did they give you the doe? LOL
Refer to: The second post in the thread. (link)

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
What advantage do those accordion-like old cameras have over the later lens / telephoto styles?

Confusing.
The view camera/field camera can take what amounts to a telephoto lens.

The 'accordion,' or bellows, allows the photographer to move the film plane into the exact plane of focus.
This allows effectively greater depth of field.
And the much larger negative allows much greater definition in the photo.
(Also, since such cameras have to be used carefully and with the intention of making each exposure count ... they encourage a different kind of 'seeing.'
Of course, they're useless for some types of work ... sports photography, for example.)

Confusing.
The view camera/field camera can take what amounts to a telephoto lens.

The 'accordion,' or bellows, allows the photographer to move the film plane into the exact plane of focus.
This allows effectively greater depth of field.
And the much larger negative allows much greater definition in the photo.
(Also, since such cameras have to be used carefully and with the intention of making each exposure count ... they encourage a different kind of 'seeing.'
Of course, they're useless for some types of work ... sports photography, for example.)
Ah, thank you. A shame to see how much we've left in the past. (A lot of modern day cameras even lack a viewfinder. :\)

I was throwing "telephoto" as a catch word (I've heard it mentioned a lot when looking at cameras). Instead of say "telescoping tube-like thing".

It's very confusing to come to this site and find people who actually know what they are talking about.

No one got my joke though.
Even more so when it's in the Sexual department.

(Maybe they did. o.o)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I need a darkened room.

:rolleyes:

It's very confusing to come to this site and find people who actually know what they are talking about.

No one got my joke though.

Ah, in the dark, you can be a lissome Julie Andrews calling all the Capt. von Trapps to the honeycomb?
What a clit you have, Drifter!!!
Nice falsetto, too ... oops, I'd better stop squeezing.

Last edited: