I want a new camera.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Piece"?! What is this "piece" you speak of?! Why cut a pie when you can pick it up and take bites out of it? You're scaring me.
Y'know, sometimes with you, I can't tell if by pie, you really mean PIE as opposed to the kind that MB has 'tween her legs......

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

When faced with either a $500 product or a $4000 one...

You are either saving $3500 or wasting $500...

Go figure.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why have you changed your nick? :confused:

Anyways I tried one of your little grands at a coffee bar in town. It is quite amazing.. not just the sound, but the darn thing feels like real Joanna. The pedal action is most impressive. This keyboard is not an insult to a piano.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
When faced with either a $500 product or a $4000 one...
Quite possible.
You are either saving $3500 or wasting $500...
Go figure.

Unless the $500 product is damn creditable but not to the point that it displaces the $4,000 one.
I've actually auditioned quite a few Yamaha keyboards, btw.
Can't talk about model numbers or anything ... but went into a store that had scores of keyboards and spent a few hours.

Why have you changed your nick? :confused:

You talkin 2 me?
I said, You talkin 2 me?

Anyways I tried one of your little grands at a coffee bar in town. It is quite amazing.. not just the sound, but the darn thing feels like real Joanna. The pedal action is most impressive. This keyboard is not an insult to a piano.

You mean the Yamaha Avant Grand?
If so, yup, they're pretty amazing.
Are you a piano player, vince? I won't shoot you.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You mean the Yamaha Avant Grand?
If so, yup, they're pretty amazing.
Are you a piano player, vince? I won't shoot you.

Ja I vas takink to you. Got a problem?

I've tickled an ivory or two. Not well, but with enthusiasm...

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes it is an Avant Grand. I played bits of The Blue Danube and Wasted Away Again in Margaritaville.

It IS impressive. I've never played full size concert grand so I can't compare them. But the action is equal to a good piano. It felt much like our old 1 ton Heintzman. The sound and action was the best I have ever felt from a digital keyboard.

But in terms of the sound, as good as it is, it doesn't come close to a concert grand. A Steinway has a 9 foot soundboard for a reason. The Yammie "sounds" good. But you don't feel the sound in the pit of your gut. Know what i mean?

It has a beautiful finish on it and is a wonderful piece of technology.

If you like it, buy it. I'd like to have one, but I wouldn't spend 20,000 on it. But hey, I'm no commonsewer of pianos. My mother just made me take lessons until I switched to trombone and I can hardly read sheet music. We still have the old Heintzman that my kid learned on but we should sell it, seeing as I'm 8k miles away.

Any used ones on ebay?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Yes it is an Avant Grand. I played bits of The Blue Danube and Wasted Away Again in Margaritaville.

It IS impressive. I've never played full size concert grand so I can't compare them. But the action is equal to a good piano. It felt much like our old 1 ton Heintzman. The sound and action was the best I have ever felt from a digital keyboard.
Yup, the action's really superb.
But in terms of the sound, as good as it is, it doesn't come close to a concert grand. A Steinway has a 9 foot soundboard for a reason. The Yammie "sounds" good. But you don't feel the sound in the pit of your gut. Know what i mean?
Well, they claim you do feel the action in the guy because of the way they have routed sound back to the pianist.
I compared it with a number of Yamaha grands and the similarity seemed to me uncanny.
But, to each his own.
It has a beautiful finish on it and is a wonderful piece of technology.
Yes. Very attractive and competent little beast.
If you like it, buy it. I'd like to have one, but I wouldn't spend 20,000 on it. But hey, I'm no commonsewer of pianos. My mother just made me take lessons until I switched to trombone and I can hardly read sheet music. We still have the old Heintzman that my kid learned on but we should sell it, seeing as I'm 8k miles away.
We had a Mason and Risch.
But the Heintzmans were the kings of uprights back then.
You lucky dawg.
Any used ones on ebay?
Haven't checked, but these are still very early days.
In a couple years, there should be a regular sprinkling of them.