I want a new piano.

- Refurbished piano (Modern ones can come with a Standard sound)
- Old refurbished piano (I usually prefer the sound on these.)
- Piano with additional digital output (MIDI output, headphones, etc. As well as Standard piano sound which can be disabled)

If you're not going something fancy like a Toy Piano, then the main choices will be a Grand or Upright. Upright is easier to fit in a small area, and sometimes comes with a near silent pedal. The last pianist I spoke with recommended a Grand "for the experience" if you could manage it.

Either way you could get something cheaper (if you are buying a very cheap second hand one, get one that works properly) to begin with, or something moderate with a plan on selling and trading up later. (or go immediately to top-end should you wish - the last higher end one I played was said to be $220,000+.)

It's all want, want, want with you, isn't it? :biggrin1:

The best evidence for Satan being real, is the existence of HickBoy. :wink:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Cook Time: 8 hours

Ingredients:

1 (16 oz.) pkg. dried green split peas, rinsed
1 meaty hambone, 2 ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 ribs of celery plus leaves, chopped
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 tbsp. seasoned salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. fresh pepper
1 1/2 qts. hot water
Preparation:

Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off bone. Remove bones and bay leaf. Mash peas to thicken more, if desired. Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well.
Serves 8.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. fresh pepper
1 1/2 qts. hot water
Preparation:

Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off bone. Remove bones and bay leaf. Mash peas to thicken more, if desired. Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well.
Serves 8.
That's very similar to my recipe, except I leave out the celery because I don't like it. I also throw in 1/2 tsp. of mace.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Fuck it. Let's talk about cameras.
Fuck no! Let's talk about Soup!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onion
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. fresh pepper
1 1/2 qts. hot water
Preparation:

Serves 8.
So Cunning Hunny . . . . I have a hambone in the freezer, and I have a hankering to make a classic white northern bean soup. Do you have a good recipe? Please make it simple if you can, as my kitchen is in 'transition' and kind of a pain to work in. Thanks.

p.s. No crockpots.

:BoomSmilie_anim::rocketwhore::swordfight: :AR15firing: :hijacked: ..Avast ye, matey!
Hahaha! Control Freak!!!

Last edited:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my friend in the recording industry suggests a Bosendoerfer - says it's better than a Steinway.

as for a camera, there's nothing better than a Folding Kodak 620 if you can still get the film.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Bosendorfers are great for sure. Certainly many as good or better than many Steinways. It really comes down to the individual instrument though. Yamahas are great too. To my ear, their slightly more crystalline sound is well suited for music of the Baroque and early Classical periods. For big Romantic pieces, I prefer a Steinway or a Bosendorfer for a richer, slightly darker tone. It really is a matter of personal taste. But we stray from the topic . . . .

We were talking about Soup!!!

Last edited: