I Want Cheney Care for All Americans!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's At Stake?

Tell The Candidates We All Deserve Cheney Care!

We call on the presidential and congressional candidates and Congress to support HR 676, the National Health Insurance Act—an expanded and improved Medicare-for-All that:
  • provides complete medical, dental, vision and longterm care
  • eliminates deductibles, co-pays, hidden fees
  • allows you to choose your doctor, lab, hospital, health care facility
  • is completely portable and not tied to employment
  • is free from interference or second-guessing by insurance companies.
Let’s talk about real solutions. Forcing people to buy insurance doesn’t provide better or more universal care. It just pads the pockets of the insurance companies.

Medicare for All—CheneyCare—puts health care decision-making power back where it belongs: in your hands.

ADDITIONAL ACTION NEEDED:
After you sign this petition, please tell your health insurance horror story at:
THANK YOU!

~~~*~~~*~~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*
Full Petition Text:

I want genuine healthcare reform that guarantees everyone has healthcare coverage, without prohibitive costs , and an end to insurance company denials of needed medical care.

I support HR 676, an expanded and improved Medicare for All. I want the same access to healthcare that Vice President Cheney and all members of Congress now receive.

Thank you,
Signed by:
[Your name]
[Your address]

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
What do you think we are, politicians?

I'd rather see all members of Congress and other politicos have to get by on normal retirement, healthcare and wages rather than the royal treatment they now give themselves.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When the Republicans won Congress in 1994 one of their pet rallying points during the campaign was doing away with elitist perks enjoyed by representatives, senators, and administration bigwigs (not to mention specific requirements to balance the federal budget and apply strict term limits).

It seems they somehow failed despite holding Congress for 12 years.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
njqt466,

Thanks for this. I am a supporter of California SB 840 introduced by Kuehl and I joined this site to support it long ago... California SB 840.

Now I've signed on under the site you posted here for a national petition.

I have had devastating bills from health care even though I have employer sponsored health insurance. It's nearly broken me because like most working poor I live paycheck to paycheck. The bills for my two heart catheterizations last year totalled about $170,000. Even though I didn't owe nearly that much, I'm still paying co-pays from last April/May. And I pay for a good portion of my premiums for my health care coverage through work. Also, there are the drug co-pays that add up when you must take multiple medications to address an issue, like I do. Even though these co-pays for drugs are only around $20-$35 a month, when you have 4 meds to take it ads up to a decent monthly expense that I can barely afford. All of this because that $170K failed to cure that electrical problem in my heart. And even though the surgeries failed, I still owe my portion for those surgeries which I'll be paying through at least August of this year.

Oh, and we won't even mention dental... I ended up owing a small fortune at the end of the year last year for a major root canal and crown. Thank goodness I had Bank Mom who came to my rescue, otherwise I would have lost the tooth. Now I owe her the money. Her payment plan is much more reasonable. ;-)

The system is broken when even people with what most consider "adequate" health insurance cannot afford necessary care.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'd rather see all members of Congress and other politicos have to get by on normal retirement, healthcare and wages rather than the royal treatment they now give themselves.
So would I; but we all knew that would never happen. :rolleyes: Plus then everybody would be miserable. :mad: HR 676, the National Health Insurance Act guarantees that all Americans are provided with healthcare regardless of income, skin color, religion, social status, or home size. That is fair and equitable. It's the way it should have been all along.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I got some rather snippy replies from the House and Senate members I contacted with similar suggestions.

Of course, how many of them already have a net worth of over $4 million, and could easily get by without the massive perks & retirement that they have granted for themselves?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got some rather snippy replies from the House and Senate members I contacted with similar suggestions.

Of course, how many of them already have a net worth of over $4 million, and could easily get by without the massive perks & retirement that they have granted for themselves?

They have to live in the DC Metro area on a measily $4 million?!:eek: Dear God, it's a wonder their children aren't barefoot and buck-toothed.