I want citizenship

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Ok, for years i have had enough of the UK and have wanted out, i am quite loyal to my country,unfortunately, the country in alot of respects does not afford the same loyalty and is getting worse.

A lot of people, friends, work collegues have gone to Australia, Spain, Cyprus etc, i quite like the USA, the people seem cool and i feel comfortable when i have my vacations there.

What do you Americans advise would be a good part of your country to look at?.

How do you suggest i go about it?.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My House? :wink::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Actually, I'm sure every place has it's good and bad. I think California is less desirable than it was a few years ago. It depends a lot on what kind of lifestyle that you are hoping to find. Busy, big city life, quiet country life? Lot's of options and considerations.

Have you ever visited the states?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
i'm not sure how to go about it. but california is very nice so in new york it all just depends on what u are looking for. if u want to talk more private message me.

Thanks Mate, will do.:smile:

My House? :wink::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Actually, I'm sure every place has it's good and bad. I think California is less desirable than it was a few years ago. It depends a lot on what kind of lifestyle that you are hoping to find. Busy, big city life, quiet country life? Lot's of options and considerations.

Have you ever visited the states?

Yes, normally a couple times a year. I fancy a tranquil life,but access to the city if i need that beat.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Slightly off topic but you did mention Spain as one place many are going to.

Spain is having a very tough time just now with the economy (like most places) but it is particularly bad here. So much depends on tourism and the numbers are way way down. Unemployment levels are at record numbers.

What used to be a cheap cost of living is actually quite expensive now - especially with $ £ exchange rate at almost parity. It was almost €1.50 to the £ around 3-4 years ago and €1.20 last year. Those on fixed income pensions from the UK have found it tough with their pension equivalent in euros dropping significantly in the last few years.

We've seen so many of our friends leave to return to the UK in the last year.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love California and probably won't ever leave it. In my dream world, I would like to leave my ranch and drive to San Francisco, New York and New Orleans in just a couple minutes.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you look good naked and know how to maintain the chlorine and Ph levels of a swimming pool I'm looking for a pool boy in Honolulu. To answer your question I have given a great deal of thought of where to spend the late summer, indian summer, fall and winter of my life and chose Hawaii. I think the decision must be based partly of what you are willing to give up to find the qualities of life you are looking for.

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, anywhere along the coast is going to have a higher cost of living than the central states, and California is just jam-packed with people, so those are things to take into consideration. I really like Vegas, but that's because I LOVE hot weather and it almost never snows there. Reno is nice too... very cozy, not too populated, and the weather is decent most of the time. Oklahoma and Kansas are very rural but the people are very nice. I lived in Jacksonville, Florida for a while and I liked it for the most part, but they sure got a lot of rain while I was there, and the city is very spread out.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd suggest Washington state or Oregon. The Pacific NW has a climate similar to that of the UK (or so I've been told), plusit's probably the most similar politically as well. Just stay on the west side the Cascade Mountains. The east side is basically a giant desert

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If you look good naked and know how to maintain the chlorine and Ph levels of a swimming pool I'm looking for a pool boy in Honolulu.

I cook too.

Slightly off topic but you did mention Spain as one place many are going to.

Spain is having a very tough time just now with the economy (like most places) but it is particularly bad here. So much depends on tourism and the numbers are way way down. Unemployment levels are at record numbers.

What used to be a cheap cost of living is actually quite expensive now - especially with $ £ exchange rate at almost parity. It was almost €1.50 to the £ around 3-4 years ago and €1.20 last year. Those on fixed income pensions from the UK have found it tough with their pension equivalent in euros dropping significantly in the last few years.

We've seen so many of our friends leave to return to the UK in the last year.

Strangely it is not all bleak on this. Because prices on houses have dropped so much, this is offsetting the reduction in the exchange rate, and besides, most longer term forecasts see the £ strengthening again. So this could be relatively short term, but alas for those whose fixed pensions have pulled the rug on their dreams.

If you can have income sources from outside the UK and Europe, it is still very attractive, because even with the exchange rate, you would be way up by not paying the 40% + tax that we are looking at in the UK. It is quite complicated and you should of course seek professional advice.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can do windows, bungalows only,i'm not to keen on heights, i cook, clean and can bottom most things :rolleyes:, however, i draw the line of cooking chicken, turkey or duck.:smile:

No Turducken for you, :eek::wink::biggrin1:

beretta8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ahem.....the upper mississippi basin is quite nice....midwestern folk....with some urban hipsters thrown in for size.....and with the great lakes...practically ocean sized......I happen to know of a couple lpsger's that live in the area...........

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It would depend on what you're looking for. Climate? You can get hot or cold dry or damp.

There are nice spots all around the country, some with trees and some dry desert stretches. Mountains, valleys, wide open plains. Be adventurous and try it all.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

I can do windows, bungalows only,i'm not to keen on heights, i cook, clean and can bottom most things :rolleyes:, however, i draw the line of cooking chicken, turkey or duck.:smile:

I think that I can resolve this for you Nudie. You should have your Calendar "Boys". I can make February. My only requirements are a yacht and a couple of French Maids. I'll throw in English lessons for free. :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that I can resolve this for you Nudie. You should have your Calendar "Boys". I can make February. My only requirements are a yacht and a couple of French Maids. I'll throw in English lessons for free. :cool:

I can cook, but alas, No, No,No and No (I don't even do my own windows).

That's OK we can just cook and eat and laugh and teach Drifter how to speak properly while he does the windows and cleans the pool!