I want edited image back to its original image

tmvdsc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay so I have an edited jpeg image of me that a friend put a clip-art image over a certain part of the picture. The original image is gone. All I have is my copy from facebook.

Is there anyway to download a program or something, so that I can remove this edited portion of the picture to see behind it like the image was in its original state?

Please help. Thanks.
I've tried googling it but can't seem to word my question so that the responses are relevent.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Is there anyway to download a program or something, so that I can remove this edited portion of the picture to see behind it like the image was in its original state?

there is no way to my knowledge to restore an edited JPG to the original state. there's nothing "underneath".

Last edited:

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree with Enid - I've never seen any way to do what you are asking. There are no 'layers' in a jpeg image that would allow you to peel away the changes from the top of the image to reveal the original.

As Industrialsize mentions, if you can get the copy from Facebook (or elsewhere) that seems to be the best bet.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are on a Mac and have "Time Machine" you would be able to retrieve your image. But only if the original was on your computer and you used your computer to modify the image. You just travel back in "virtual time" to a date before you modified the image and collect the original. Time Machine is pretty cool, acts as an automatic back-up and can work wirelessly in the background on all the computers in your house.