"I want this person gone!" threads

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I can't agree.
Some of those threads will be more justified than others.
But if you're not allowing them, you're not allowing them. Case closed, imo.

I am thinking of the wider cases when people argue on this site, I admit.

If I start an argument with you, dear Rubi, and am deeply insulting, imo, anything you say either in retaliation or defense is mitigated by your right to defend yourself. We are not both equally guilty.

If someone is dumb enough to think they can bully someone else because they think they are a lot stronger, smarter etc, I think that there is some natural justice when they find out that the community will not tolerate their behaviour.

I can think of many instances where threads could be construed to be harassment.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I am thinking of the wider cases when people argue on this site, I admit.

If I start an argument with you, dear Rubi, and am deeply insulting, imo, anything you say either in retaliation or defense is mitigated by your right to defend yourself. We are not both equally guilty.

But this rule simply touches on where you can make your retaliation.

If someone is dumb enough to think they can bully someone else because they think they are a lot stronger, smarter etc, I think that there is some natural justice when they find out that the community will not tolerate their behaviour.

I agree, but that doesn't mean a new thread for that specific purpose should be tolerated.

I can think of many instances where threads could be construed to be harassment.

True enough, but the clearest of them ... those that from the opening post have the intention of attacking a member, and never mind the reason ... should be disallowed from the outset.

Actually, that sounds more emphatic than I wish to be.

But to set a policy of not allowing such threads is entirely justiable.

And that policy, once established, should be enforced consistently, as far as that's possible.

That's all I'm saying.

(And Drifter, I love any and all pain you send my way ... but you knew that.:wink:)

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ooooh.
We are awake now.
Good morning, Monst.
Enjoying your rounds?

Especially when there are threads like this.

This site take's more turns than a june bug with his ass on fire.

I've said it before but, this site should be named "The Hung and the Breathless".

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
But this rule simply touches on where you can make your retaliation.

(And Drifter, I love any and all pain you send my way ... but you knew that.:wink:)

A tear to your eye, Rubi :cool:

So when someone is abusive in Chat, it shouldn't be discussed elsewhere?

When someone is abusive via PM it shouldn't be discussed elsewhere?