I want to buy a Harley

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 6' 1" 185 pounds, good strength.I saw a 2004 sportster 212 miles cherried out for $9500 which seemed really pricey. anyone here ride HDs.

Also I heard a Ducati is a good bike.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
ummmm
I ride..
don't buy a harley... they are good, if you don't have a price range..
what the guys at the dealer ship won't tell you is that the 'sportster' is considered a 'girls bike'
and if you get it, you will be made fun of..

I have a kawasaki 1600 meanstreak..
that smokes pretty much any harley out there..

you mentioned ducati... thats apples and oranges..
do you ride now?
have you ever ridden?

do you want sport bike or a cruiser?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
ummmm
I ride..
don't buy a harley... they are good, if you don't have a price range..
what the guys at the dealer ship won't tell you is that the 'sportster' is considered a 'girls bike'
and if you get it, you will be made fun of..

I have a kawasaki 1600 meanstreak..
that smokes pretty much any harley out there..

you mentioned ducati... thats apples and oranges..
do you ride now?
have you ever ridden?

do you want sport bike or a cruiser?
Bitch please....lol
Yes buy a Harley... my father owns one, my uncle owns the local shop in town... Harleys are in my blood.. They are beautiful, loud, and are totally worth the price.
Cowasakey is a crotch rocket... pssht

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've got mixed feelings about HDs. The bikes are cool looking, to be sure, but over-priced, prone to vibration, and needlessly loud. A fad, in other words. I fear its mostly image you're buying with HD, not the bike.

I mean, its amusing to see so many middle aged dentists, accountants, or other professionals dressed up in black leathers and bandanas on weekends and roaring around in packs like suburban bad-asses.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I've got mixed feelings about HDs. The bikes are cool looking, to be sure, but over-priced, prone to vibration, and needlessly loud. A fad, in other words. I fear its mostly image you're buying with HD, not the bike.

I mean, its amusing to see so many middle aged dentists, accountants, or other professionals dressed up in black leathers and bandanas on weekends and roaring around in packs like suburban bad-asses.
But it so hot to see them in the assless chaps!

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Agreed. HDs are for image seekers, the real bikes are made in Japan.

I've never understood why people would ride with their hands so far up in the air like that. It's extremely tiring and dangerous when cornering.

A few years ago I read that the average age of a new HD purchaser was 54, I'll bet it's gone up since then. If you want to attract the older crowd, HD is the way to go.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 6' 1" 185 pounds, good strength.I saw a 2004 sportster 212 miles cherried out for $9500 which seemed really pricey. anyone here ride HDs.

Also I heard a Ducati is a good bike.
Ducati is an excellent bike, but I'd go with the Harley.

I've got mixed feelings about HDs. The bikes are cool looking, to be sure, but over-priced, prone to vibration, and needlessly loud. A fad, in other words. I fear its mostly image you're buying with HD, not the bike. :biggrin1: A 70+ year old fad?:confused:

True, but no more amusing than when the same people by vintage Stingrays or Mustangs. Those guys are happy to own Harleys because they always wanted them and can finally afford them.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
harleys are fine, but you are buying the image, you just want to wear the tshirt right?
don't get a sportster, it IS a 'girls' bike, ask anyone that rides.

go metric my friend..

0 down and a 100 bucks a month cannot be beat.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Motorbikes are bad you get knocked off them and squished by the car that knocked you off in the first place, although sometimes it's by a truck that was behind the first car.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Motorbikes are great but you get knocked off them and squished by the idiot car driver that knocked you off in the first place, although sometimes it's by a truck that was behind the first car.

Slight correction, though either way you end up squished.

Back on post, ignore everyone and buy what you want. All this claptrap about real bikes, and girls bikes...pah. All subjective opinion, much like my own - I always rode Japanese for reliability and performance and while I'm not a Harley fan, I see the appeal, especially in the US.

Plus Harleys are iconic which can't be bad! Ducati are somewhat iconic too, but are spoiled by their tendency to turn to rust then disintegrate when after their first winter....shortly after all the electrics fail at 3am in a rainstorm on a deserted road somewhere with no phone reception.

But whatever you choose, ride safe, with minimal squishing.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, you can be part of the weekend Hell's Angels group. Outfitted in the latest leather biker outfits, bandannas, boots, and cap helmets with stick on slogans like - "I love my pussy pad" or "hell ain't seen anything yet"

Ride in a pack of stock brokers, lawyers, and gynacologists then break for lunch for some chardonnay and crostini at the "biker" bar.

Rub on tattoos and fist waving while riding is optional. Don't forget your $500 sunglasses!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They're not great, the seats are uncomfortable when it's hot there's no shelter from the sun, the wind is constantly in your face, when it rains you get pissed wet through, helmets give you bad hair and you can't wear a skirt although I suppose for most men that isn't a huge problem.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They're not great, the seats are uncomfortable when it's hot there's no shelter from the sun, the wind is constantly in your face, when it rains you get pissed wet through, helmets give you bad hair and you can't wear a skirt although I suppose for most men that isn't a huge problem.

They are great, the last thing on my mind should be the seat, that's the point, that's the point, same happens waiting for the bus, who cares about hair, and oh yes, that's true.....:smile: