I Want to Get Thinner

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I want to know how to go about losing some weight.

I know, I know... "Your body is beautiful the way it is" and "Well, you're not FAT." Bullshit. My body is not 'beautiful' (to me) and while no, I am not grossly obese - I am, by my own definition, too damn fat. :mad:

All ranting aside, I am a 26 year-old Caucasian female. I am 5' 4" tall and I weigh anywhere from 168-175 lbs. I daresay that not much of that is muscle, and while my DD-cup breasts account for a small percentage of the weight, I'm getting sick of my friends saying, "Well, it's all in those huge BOOBS." Get real.

I've seen many well-muscled, trim men on here and several very nicely-shaped women (WildHoney, anyone?? :wink: Very hot) ... So my question is:

How did you do that? :smile:

A great body (except in rare cases - may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits) comes with great effort, and if you all would be so kind as to share your hot-body secrets with the rest of us, I, for one, would be greatly appreciative.

And yes, I know that eating less (junk food anyway) and moving more is key. :wink: Thanks very much!

xoxoxo ~Amie

D_officeflop

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well i was 280lbs and now im like 260lbs..the way i lost weight is going to the gym and going running every day and eating a healthy balanced meal.

im the say thing..you have huge boobs..ive got incredible thickness on my cock..so my friends know me for that and my bulge lol.

i want to get down to 200lbs and have a nice muscly six pack..
got msn and we can swap tips?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Eat right. Cut out calories and carbs. Drink lots of water. Exercise. It's really pretty simple, you just have to have the discipline to stick with it. Find a workout buddy, someone who will make you workout even if you aren't in the mood. If you have bad eating habits, change just one thing at a time. I drank a TON of soda, so I switched to diet soda, and also starting buying a lot of juice as alternative choices when I'm in the mood for something other than water. That alone has made me lose 10lbs in the past month and a half. As far as your boobs go... and I hate to say this... but they'll probably get a little smaller when you lose the weight. :smile: Mine went from a DD to a large C when I lost 70lbs a few years back. Now my weight is back up, and so are my boobs! Building muscle would be a great idea for you, I think. Muscle burns fat quickly, and everyone could use a little muscle tone. There are ways for females to do weights so that they don't bulk up like body builders. Lighter weights with more reps are better than heavier weights with fewer reps.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Find a workout you enjoy and keep doing it. One or more of running, walking, weights, classes (yoga/aerobics/spinning/bodypump/pilates/whatever), biking, elliptical machine, tennis/squash, and so on. You may want to find a personal trainer to show you some of these things and get you started on the right foot.

It also helps to have a workout buddy if you aren't self-motivating.

Half the battle is getting to the gym. Once you're there, you might as well work out. But if you dread your workout, you'll never even make it out of your front door.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't have MSN nor Yahoo Messenger ... Life is simpler that way ;)

And thank you Meg! :) I understand that my boobs will get smaller (I was a large C-cup in high school and weighed closer to 155 lbs with a *lot* more muscle) and I'm OK with that. What bothers me about my breasts is that they sag (omg - overweight AND saggy breasts?? lol Good thing I'm not ugly!), but I do plan on having mammoplasty - or mastopexy, whatever you want to call it - sometime in the future. The problem with soda pop is that I work in a damn RESTAURANT. So there is soda EVERYWHERE. I have been drinking less of it lately, but it seems like when I start to make a good decision about my eating/drinking habits, I totally blow it in another way.

My BF isn't much help either... He's lost about 25 lbs recently just by cutting out most soda and beer, and by packing his lunch. I ask him if he'll work out with me and he refuses. It is very frustrating. I've come to realize that I can't count on him for much help, so I'm going it alone. :)

Thanks!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want to know how to go about losing some weight.

I know, I know... "Your body is beautiful the way it is" and "Well, you're not FAT." Bullshit. My body is not 'beautiful' (to me) and while no, I am not grossly obese - I am, by my own definition, too damn fat. :mad:

All ranting aside, I am a 26 year-old Caucasian female. I am 5' 4" tall and I weigh anywhere from 168-175 lbs. I daresay that not much of that is muscle, and while my DD-cup breasts account for a small percentage of the weight, I'm getting sick of my friends saying, "Well, it's all in those huge BOOBS." Get real.

I've seen many well-muscled, trim men on here and several very nicely-shaped women (WildHoney, anyone?? :wink: Very hot) ... So my question is:

How did you do that? :smile:

A great body (except in rare cases - may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits) comes with great effort, and if you all would be so kind as to share your hot-body secrets with the rest of us, I, for one, would be greatly appreciative.

And yes, I know that eating less (junk food anyway) and moving more is key. :wink: Thanks very much!

xoxoxo ~Amie

YOU really can not tell from that pretty face , Amie!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't have MSN nor Yahoo Messenger ... Life is simpler that way ;)

And thank you Meg! :) I understand that my boobs will get smaller (I was a large C-cup in high school and weighed closer to 155 lbs with a *lot* more muscle) and I'm OK with that. What bothers me about my breasts is that they sag (omg - overweight AND saggy breasts?? lol Good thing I'm not ugly!), but I do plan on having mammoplasty - or mastopexy, whatever you want to call it - sometime in the future. The problem with soda pop is that I work in a damn RESTAURANT. So there is soda EVERYWHERE. I have been drinking less of it lately, but it seems like when I start to make a good decision about my eating/drinking habits, I totally blow it in another way.

My BF isn't much help either... He's lost about 25 lbs recently just by cutting out most soda and beer, and by packing his lunch. I ask him if he'll work out with me and he refuses. It is very frustrating. I've come to realize that I can't count on him for much help, so I'm going it alone. :)

Thanks!

I understand how bad it is with the eating/drinking habits. You just have to decide that this is more important to you than soda or whatever bad foods you are ingesting. Exercise will help a lot too. And to hell with your boyfriend! Find someone else to workout with.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Find a workout you enjoy and keep doing it. One or more of running, walking, weights, classes (yoga/aerobics/spinning/bodypump/pilates/whatever), biking, elliptical machine, tennis/squash, and so on. You may want to find a personal trainer to show you some of these things and get you started on the right foot.

It also helps to have a workout buddy if you aren't self-motivating.

Half the battle is getting to the gym. Once you're there, you might as well work out. But if you dread your workout, you'll never even make it out of your front door.

Thank you Rob :smile:

I walk a lot at work (I'm a waitress) so my body has gotten used to that kind of exercise. My BF says that running is terrible for your joints, since he did so much in the Marines and now has bad knees/ankles.

I did have a gym membership, which I never used and couldn't afford anyways... but no one to go with. I live in a very rural community and good luck finding anyone who cares much about their physique! :rolleyes: I wish to God I had enough money to invest in a personal trainer! If I had someone to be accountable to for the food I'm eating and my exercise routine, I think I'd see some success.

This is great, thank you!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cycling.

Its a full body workout...lots of sex is good too.

Watch your calorie intake, try not to eat a lot of sugar. Drink lots of water.

Running isn't so bad if you have the right footwear. I just prefer cycling. When you get tired you can just roll downhill or something :)

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Cycling.

Its a full body workout...lots of sex is good too.

Watch your calorie intake, try not to eat a lot of sugar. Drink lots of water.

Great idea :biggrin1: We have a lot of trails around here that would be fun ... Need to figure out how I'd incorporate my 5-yr-old daughter though. She can ride her bicycle, but not to keep up with a workout ride.

Calories are tough ... a friend of mine joined Weight Watchers a few months ago and has lost 30+ lbs. I might try that, but again I can't go over budget. :p Sorry to sound like a ceaseless whiner! lol

The BF will get more sex when he stops whining about being 'past his prime'. *snort* Someone needs to tell him that 27 is NOT OLD. :wink:

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
#1 don't get discouraged.
It takes a long time to loose weight the right way. You do it the wrong way, sure it may be quick, but you will pile it back on once you stop plus more.
#2 exercise. Don't get too carried away. Walk, take stairs, park far away in parking lots. anything is better than nothing. If you keep at it, you will find you can do more and more.
#3 Eat well. Sure, the first few weeks of cutting out garbage isn't fun, but after you get over the hump, the thought of some stuff will make your stomach turn. DO NOT do fad diets. You need a good amount of carbs, fat, and protien in your diet or you will not be a happy child. Get your fats from things like fish and nuts (haha-insert laugh here). Lean protien from chicken, fish, tofu, eggs, veggie substitutes. Fruit and veggies are vital. Eat them before every meal, and you will be golden. Also, drink lots of water.

Seriously though, listen to this advice. As unfortunate as it is, I suffered from an eating disorder actively for 8 years, but I suspect I had ED-like behaviors before then. I started to exercise and eat better, and I got really really carried away. It pretty much ruined my entire life, and I had to work incredibly hard to straighten things out again. When you start loosing, it feels so good to get compliments from people, attention you never had before. Life changes. It is easy to get carried away and want more. It is incredibly important to see yourself as a beautiful person and not get discouraged, no matter what your weight is.
After I saw a nutritionist in treatment, things changed for me. I learned how to balance everything, and eat so my body felt energized and healthy. It took a lot of work, but I managed to do it. I almost feel now like I know the ins and outs of diet and nutrition because it was the focal point of my life for so long.
I think I wrote too much. If you have questions or anything, feel free to pm me.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just to reiterate what everyone has already said: eat healthy and exercise more. The key though is to have the self-discipline in both areas and be able to stick to your plan. The other thing I would caution you on is trying to jump in full force. You'll only risk injuring yourself and disappointing yourself when you fall off the wagon. Start slow and build from there.

Since you work at a restaurant I'm sure you do lot of walking - use that as your baseline and build from there. In addition to some of the other comments, I would stay away from refined sugars (soda, any sweets) and processed foods.

I wish you good luck - let us know how you are doing and if you need help or ideas - don't be afraid to ask!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didn't know they had Weight Watchers over there...I think the success stories are hit and miss. I know a lot of people on it that just hover around the same weight.

Get the boyfriend or someone else to look after your daughter? Half an hour's cycling every day will make you lose a lot of weight fast. Or even just walking.

Another tip is to not eat after 8pm. That will help A LOT. If you eat after 8, hardly any of the calories will get burned and will just become extra weight.

If you do stick to all this though you will lose weight FAST. I eat after 8 but I'm not that fat. I just do weights for about fifteen minutes every few days and it keeps the weight off.

Sort of aerobic weightlifting though...swinging legs and stuff. Hard to explain but it works...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Thank you Rob :smile:

I walk a lot at work (I'm a waitress) so my body has gotten used to that kind of exercise. My BF says that running is terrible for your joints, since he did so much in the Marines and now has bad knees/ankles.

I did have a gym membership, which I never used and couldn't afford anyways... but no one to go with. I live in a very rural community and good luck finding anyone who cares much about their physique! :rolleyes: I wish to God I had enough money to invest in a personal trainer! If I had someone to be accountable to for the food I'm eating and my exercise routine, I think I'd see some success.

This is great, thank you!

My knees don't like running either. I used to run competitively and still do the occasional 5K or 10K in a decent time. But then I'm limping for the next week.

Elliptical machines (my cardio choice), biking, and step machines are all decent alternatives. If you don't have gym access biking might be the way to go. X-country skiing is good exercise in winter, and I didn't find that hard on my joints.

Workout DVDs are an option. I've never really used them but I know some who look great and swear by them. Swimming for exercise isn't really my thing either, but apparently it is an excellent full-body workout that involves no impacts on joints.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The main goal is to just to MORE than what you're doing. I know that you're on your feet all day at work, but you can't just come home and sit down, ya know? I love workout videos. I have a 5 year old son, so I don't have to worry about leaving the house. He can play and do whatever he wants while I workout. I can do it when I want to, don't have to worry about the available hours at the gym.

amiegrrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thank you so much - I certainly don't want to go the route of an eating disorder, and I've seen how easily people can get caught up in it. I think my main hurdle will be those few weeks that I first stop eating and drinking a certain fatty food or soda that I'm used to. I've come to realize that I have an internal voice telling me that I'm going to starve if I don't eat this or drink that RIGHT NOW. I need to learn how to quiet that voice.

#1 don't get discouraged.
It takes a long time to loose weight the right way. You do it the wrong way, sure it may be quick, but you will pile it back on once you stop plus more.
#2 exercise. Don't get too carried away. Walk, take stairs, park far away in parking lots. anything is better than nothing. If you keep at it, you will find you can do more and more.
#3 Eat well. Sure, the first few weeks of cutting out garbage isn't fun, but after you get over the hump, the thought of some stuff will make your stomach turn. DO NOT do fad diets. You need a good amount of carbs, fat, and protien in your diet or you will not be a happy child. Get your fats from things like fish and nuts (haha-insert laugh here). Lean protien from chicken, fish, tofu, eggs, veggie substitutes. Fruit and veggies are vital. Eat them before every meal, and you will be golden. Also, drink lots of water.

Seriously though, listen to this advice. As unfortunate as it is, I suffered from an eating disorder actively for 8 years, but I suspect I had ED-like behaviors before then. I started to exercise and eat better, and I got really really carried away. It pretty much ruined my entire life, and I had to work incredibly hard to straighten things out again. When you start loosing, it feels so good to get compliments from people, attention you never had before. Life changes. It is easy to get carried away and want more. It is incredibly important to see yourself as a beautiful person and not get discouraged, no matter what your weight is.
After I saw a nutritionist in treatment, things changed for me. I learned how to balance everything, and eat so my body felt energized and healthy. It took a lot of work, but I managed to do it. I almost feel now like I know the ins and outs of diet and nutrition because it was the focal point of my life for so long.
I think I wrote too much. If you have questions or anything, feel free to pm me.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is actually a myth. It really is all about calories in vs calories expended. It only matters when you eat around exercise.

From what I understand about this, the main goal is to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime, because when you are sleeping, your metabolism slows down and you don't burn the calories. *shrug* There is no specific TIME you should stop eating.