I was looking at pussy...

Media
well a pussycat doll actually. ;)
I was switching through the channels the other day and came across ANOTHER reality show where they're looking for a pussycat doll and decided to give it a shot. I usually hate those american idol looking for a star shows but i was curious about this pussycat doll one.
I couldn't believe how surreal the whole thing was. I wonder what is it exactly that the judges on these shows are looking for? Perfection?! I thought most of those girls sounded good as vocalists and even as dancers. I thought the criticisms were a bit harsh and if those girls don't have a thick skin then their dreams can easily be crushed.
My opinion on this whole thing if it actually matters is that sometimes imperfections can be a good thing. How many artists in the industry who earn millions of dollars are not perfect singers!? I know that doesn't guarantee success for everyone but it still gives hope for some of us who don't need to go through the grinding and even condenscending judgements of people like simon cowell who feels Il Divo are worthwhile. Maybe as singers and lookers they are but that's it. Their music doesn't speak to me at least.
M.