I was SURE HickBoy posted a poll...

Well?

• Yes, he did.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No, he didn't.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Fuck off again, Banisters!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Ban Banisters - she's a pain in the arse.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Ban HickBoy - he's a pain in the arse.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Please make it all stop!!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, I think we are all just frustrated and a little flabbergasted. :confused:

Last night I even thought about starting a poll on whether or not we thought mem prayed for us and if so did anyone feel it......

And that's really not like me, so I know it means I am just....just.....aaargh!! :tongue:

Oh I would open that thread I just think it might be too close to a thread about attacking someone and get all closed. *mulls the ideas*

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
This is a privately owned, for-profit board, and the owner and his agents (the moderators) have a right and an obligation to act in a manner which they believe is in their own best interest. I can accept it with good grace (which I do) or get the fuck out.

I do get your point about this being a privately owned board - you've been clear and consistant on that in the past. The thing I have a problem with is that these things are just disappeared. Would it not be better to leave the thread title there (with an explanation) or just close the thread? (as per mindseye's treatment of my big d rope thread).

I know what you are going to say - I'm here as a guest and if I want an explanation I can go ahead and ask, I may or may not get one. Fine - I know your feelings on that too. But surely if I ask politely?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
So you're OK with censorship then?
It all goes back to the little blurb about ideas and my respect for them. My twitchy little rants about a neurotic jackanapes are gossip. They never rise to the level of ideas, for fuck's sake. Even the political threads are more like gossip in that they usually are about some politician that somebody doesn't like, rather than a political concept of any sort. Ideas rarely get discussed around here. If I were writing a well thought out, intelligent, philosophical, intelligible piece about something of social or intellectual import and it got deleted, I might have a problem. But even then, I probably wouldn't. It is not my right to dictate what gets printed here and what gets deleted.

If I really, really want to be heard I have two websites of my own where I can post to my heart's content. In addition to that, I have two myspace accounts and a blogspot.

LPSG is all about fun. Granted, I have what many may think are some warped ideas about just what fun is, but you are all my toys and I will play with you whenever I want, for as long as I want. Most of you have the power to stop me by not responding, but some don't. That's the group that needs to get ready to be ridden hard and put up wet.

Let's fuck.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I do get your point about this being a privately owned board - you've been clear and consistant on that in the past. The thing I have a problem with is that these things are just disappeared. Would it not be better to leave the thread title there (with an explanation) or just close the thread? (as per mindseye's treatment of my big d rope thread).

I know what you are going to say - I'm here as a guest and if I want an explanation I can go ahead and ask, I may or may not get one. Fine - I know your feelings on that too. But surely if I ask politely?

"Censorship" is such an ugly word, and it carries a connotation of silencing legitimate opposing ideas. If I were attempting to communicate anything of significance and my post got deleted, I might take exception. But these "mem0101 this or that" polls I put up are just noise. For me to call it censorship would be akin to a guy claiming his first amendment rights were being violated because the cops stopped him from standing on the street corner beating two dustbin lids together and calling another man's wife a stupid cow alto voce at 3AM.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickBoy

*something doubtless intelligent, wise and mature*
Let's fuck.

:biggrin1: OK.

Ummmmm....I'm pretty sure we first require a poll......and I believe I read somewhere that posting a poll must now first be cleared thru DC Deep.....:tongue:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think my brain is going to explode, ahhhhhhhhhhhh........, ok, let me pick up the pieces:smile:

lafever

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
"Censorship" is such an ugly word, and it carries a connotation of silencing legitimate opposing ideas. If I were attempting to communicate anything of significance and my post got deleted, I might take exception. But these "mem0101 this or that" polls I put up are just noise. For me to call it censorship would be akin to a guy claiming his first amendment rights were being violated because the cops stopped him from standing on the street corner beating two dustbin lids together and calling another man's wife a stupid cow alto voce at 3AM.

LOVE that image...

I'd defend his right to do so... (maybe not)