I will pray for all of you tonight...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
You really should have let this one run its course! Problem could have been solved in one night!

Nope. It could go on till the cows come home.

YOU can always "Let them eat cake" :smile:

But naughty, doll ... mah whole beeeing has bin sayin' that all mah liiiife.:cool:
What I had in mind was a very particular kind of brownie.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I'm really getting tired of threads being deleted or rather 'invisibled'. What's the point? There are over 20 posts missing from my posting history, which I assume are all in invisibled threads. I'm fine with locking threads, but removing them from public view accomplishes nothing in my opinion.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm really getting tired of threads being deleted or rather 'invisibled'. What's the point? There are over 20 posts missing from my posting history, which I assume are all in invisibled threads. I'm fine with locking threads, but removing them from public view accomplishes nothing in my opinion.

Believe me darling you cant be anymore tired than we are. But unfortunately when we have asked for the craziness to stop and it doesnt, we have to bring in the cavalry. We have all kinds of people on the board, some can take it, and some cant so we have to make these kinds of decisions with the good of all in mind.

PS Rubi, now you have two dessert threads to chose from!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The threads were nothing but negativity and should not have been started in the first place. Leaving them up just encourages more negativity. Taking them down discourages it.

That's the point.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Believe me darling you cant be anymore tired than we are. But unfortunately when we have asked for the craziness to stop and it doesnt, we have to bring in the cavalry. We have all kinds of people on the board, some can take it, and some cant so we have to make these kinds of decisions with the good of all in mind.

PS Rubi, now you have two dessert threads to chose from!
Thanks Naughty, but I don't see why just locking threads and leaving them in public view wouldn't accomplish the same end. It would certainly go a long way towards dispelling the notion that you guys are removing threads at will.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
The threads were nothing but negativity and should not have been started in the first place. Leaving them up just encourages more negativity. Taking them down discourages it.

That's the point.
There are hundreds of threads that are just as 'negative' as those were, shall we remove them all as well?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Naughty, but I don't see why just locking threads and leaving them in public view wouldn't accomplish the same end. It would certainly go a long way towards dispelling the notion that you guys are removing threads at will.

I do hear you but things were going down hill quickly so it was decided to remove them all together. Sometimes we have to make calls like that.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are hundreds of threads that are just as 'negative' as those were, shall we remove them all as well?

If a thread is created for the sole purpose of making a single member a target, yes. I happen to think so.

Each and every one of us has a PM feature, feel free to use it.
Each of us has the ability to express dissatisfaction to a member's post by using the reply feature.

Each of us also has the ability to start a poll or thread. But when it's used for the purpose of bullying someone that ability has been abused.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, give me a break. HE begs to be made a victim by opening a thread, saying he's praying for people to be dealt "bad". Then you come in here saying that everyone is horrible for jumping on him when he throws out that kind of bait. Please!

What would you suggest?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
If a thread is created for the sole purpose of making a single member a target, yes. I happen to think so.

Each of us has the ability to express dissatisfaction to a member's post by using the reply feature.

Each of us also has the ability to start a poll or thread. But when it's used for the purpose of bullying someone that ability has been abused.
I don't PM anyone, much less to tell them that I think they are shit. Besides, I thought you guys say PM abuse like that is a bannable offense? I don't understand your advice there. And I don't understand your saying we should express disatisfaction with someone in a post, if that's the reason you all have deleted these threads now. As for bullying someone, I think we're all adults here, we should all be able to handle it. And if you think mem is in any way being bullied, you've obviously never seen his retorts and his own vicious behavior.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Hello!!! You are the one bitching in the threads creating more chaos.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What would you suggest?
Stop coddling him, and tell him, "Look, *I* have tried helping you, *I* have stuck up for you, *I* keep defending you, but prayer is not for wishing ill on people. You keep setting yourself up for abuse. Yes, there are mean people on here, but you keep begging them to abuse you. I've done all I can for you. You've taken almost no steps to make amends with anyone, and you haven't listened to any constructive criticism. If you don't stop this behaviour, and really consider that if this many people have turned against you, that some self-evaluation might be in order, then I'll have to stop helping you, and you'll be at their mercy."

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stop coddling him, and tell him, "Look, *I* have tried helping you, *I* have stuck up for you, *I* keep defending you, but prayer is not for wishing ill on people. You keep setting yourself up for abuse. Yes, there are mean people on here, but you keep begging them to abuse you. I've done all I can for you. You've taken almost no steps to make amends with anyone, and you haven't listened to any constructive criticism. If you don't stop this behaviour, and really consider that if this many people have turned against you, that some self-evaluation might be in order, then I'll have to stop helping you, and you'll be at their mercy."

Thank you. That was a very thoughtful statement. I may have to try that one...

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thank you. That was a very thoughtful statement. I may have to try that one...
You asked.

I usually find you very fair. I guess I'm just confused as to why you seem to be turning such a blind eye to HIS antics. Yes, people are being mean to him. I see that. I've even asked others if I've been excessive in my treatment. But this isn't just the "clique" or the "mob mentality". This guy is really turning people off, here and elsewhere, and his behaviour isn't saintly either, and that keeps being glossed over. I get that you can't let a mob of bullies run amok. But at the same time, I think it's only fair to at least look at why they're all so ticked off too.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My 2c worth:

If you take a meek little bunny (wabbit) :smile:, you drive it into a corner and you keep poking and prodding it. Meek as it may be, it eventually goes for the jugular. :eek:

This thought isn't addressed at anyone in particular, however if the shoe fits, then at least have the insight and wear it.

I do however address this directly to Mem (and I'm saying it with all kindness and gentleness):

Starting a thread like you did and trying to use prayer as a means of retalliation bears no piety at all. It does however invite strong (and yes, negative responses) because it brings across a sense of being
'holier-than-thou'. :wink:

In all kinds of relationships etc that we find ourselves, often times it is good to remember that people are mirrors, they reflect their inner realities, but they also reflect our own by way of their words and their actions. Often times it is good to take time and evaluate "what is of me and what is of them" otherwise we're merely reacting to snippets though we're blind to the bigger picture.

Now will all of your stop with your fighting and drop your soap so that I can at least have my way with some of you? :biggrin1: :eek:

* Now for my most favourite time of the day....shock therapy! Yippeee! *

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, give me a break. HE begs to be made a victim by opening a thread, saying he's praying for people to be dealt "bad". Then you come in here saying that everyone is horrible for jumping on him when he throws out that kind of bait. Please!

Notice this thread is still open. What I qualified as abuse was starting a denigrating thread about a specific poster by name.

I don't PM anyone, much less to tell them that I think they are shit. Besides, I thought you guys say PM abuse like that is a bannable offense? I don't understand your advice there. And I don't understand your saying we should express disatisfaction with someone in a post, if that's the reason you all have deleted these threads now. As for bullying someone, I think we're all adults here, we should all be able to handle it. And if you think mem is in any way being bullied, you've obviously never seen his retorts and his own vicious behavior.

1. Doesn't need to be phrased like that.
2. Telling someone what you think in PM isn't bannable. The recipient has an ignore button at their disposal.
3. The only threads removed were the ones singling out a poster for ridicule. Please note that includes the one mem0101 started about Hickboy.