I wonder if Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Lightkeeper, Sep 9, 2010.

1. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

takes his "applause" signs on his too-many road trips? I know he takes his teleprompters. :confused:

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    This is not the ETC. forum. And exactly what political discussion did you hope to start with your short post?

4) Threads that are created should encourage discussion. They should also (whenever possible) contain a link to the topic being discussed. Threads that are started which offer no content or very little room for discussion will be closed. Thread titles should be as bias-free as possible - if they are considered to be out of line with this rule then titles will be edited by a moderator to a more neutral stance. Any action taken regarding edits will be noted in the thread.

http://www.lpsg.org/185361-forum-rules.html

#2 Industrialsize, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I understand that all political rallies have "juicers" planted to get reactions going. This practice is as old as the political speech itself.

But "applause" signs like some lame-ass game show? Do you have a link to show that they exist or have you just been attacking the cooking sherry a bit too early?

4. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I don't drink cooking sherry although it might help to stay on here.

5. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    The obsession with Obama's use of the TelePrompTer is perhaps the purest distillation of the propaganda-driven "red scare" hysteria that the ringleaders of the far right have successfully sold to it's willfully ignorant, but tirelessly passionate minions.

FACT: the TelePrompTer was invented in the 1950's, and has been used extensively by all Presidents since the early 1960's. How has Obama's use of the TelePrompTer become any sort of "issue" at all? One can only surmise that after the appallingly inarticulate speechery of Pres GW Bush, Obama's comparatively excellent speechifying made the Right Ringleaders so peeved that they set out to turn a relatively innocuous skill into some sort of despicable heresy.

The fact that so many minions bought this load of manure whole hog, and continue to proudly embrace it today is equally amazing and pathetic.

Oh, for a moment of enlightened discourse.......

6. LittleButt

LittleButt Member

The issue is not about the teleprompter. By bringing it up repeatedly people are hinting that an articulate black man can only be so by being told what to say and when to say it.

(Kinda funny, on a side note I was reading a "news" article on FOX today that said (and I quote) "Mr. Obama clearly had no exit strategy before starting the war in Afghanistan."

It seems to me that a good 2/3rds of the Right's criticism of Obama is race-related and not policy related. Yes, the scaredy black man did win the election. Now, what is it that he has done (for reals done, not what FOX News "reported") that you have issues with?

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I see stupid is alive and shitkickin' in the Deep South... :rolleyes:

8. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    I keep feeling that it's more a simple matter of "Let's say or do whatever we can to get the Dem out and a Repub back in.". At least as far as the string-pullers are concerned.

As to the great uneducated, nee unwashed, masses: I would tend to think the race card is as much in play as it's ever been.

9. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    They're not peeved, they're scared! After 8 years of Dubya's gibberish, they hear an articulate man of colour and "think":
    "Shoot 'n' dang it! Dem color folks ain't done talk proper likes we does!"

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's obviously a side of something peculiar in whatever you're consuming.

Would you prefer that he reads a prepared speech from a piece of paper or that he morph into Olivier and be able to quote acres of Shakespeare on request extemporaneously?

I seriously don't understand the teleprompter issue, nor have you provided any explanation for that exceptionally odd "applause" sign remark. Unless of course, HG got it completely right and you really are dumb as a box of hair.

11. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    why insult a perfectly good box of hair? :confused: :biggrin1:

I love the FAUX News commentators who constantly badger president Obabma for the use of teleprompters... all while reading FROM TELEPROMPTERS!!!

12. maxcok

Gold Member

At least he can read and speak for himself, and he doesn't need to have words piped into an earpiece from Darth Vader hiding in his underground lair like some presidents.

And can we give the dumbfuck Southerner regional stereotype a rest? It just so happens that several of our more intelligent and well-informed posters in this forum hail from south of the Mason-Dixon line. It's really fucking annoying that people still think it's acceptable to slam an entire region and the people who call it home.* I've got news for you, there are ignoramuses everywhere. I can tell you it doesn't endear anyone, even the more enlightened folk here, to hear "damn Yankees and lily ass Northern liberals" continually diss us. It's really not very enlightened of you either.

* Although Alabama could be the exception. :wink:

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Are people still mad that a black man can read? :rolleyes:
    Does everyone have to read notes off of their hand because they're obviously too cheap to spend money on cue cards (despite all of the money they are making off their book sales), or don't have an intelligent person available to operate fancier equipment? I swear, the Conservative party have some serious dumb asses spreading the rhetoric.

14. houtx48

Gold Member

Is writing on the palm of your hand a redneck TelePrompter?

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    As soon as MS, AL and LA stop dragging up the bottom quartile in education, I'll get right on that. Until then, put on your big girl panties and deal with it. :biggrin1:

16. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

What a joke! unbiased title as in right wingnutery or , another day anothe right wing hypocrite? please i have yet to see inteligent discussion on any topic in the politics forum. Who do think your kidding?

Thanks for laying down the rules but they don't mean anything if they aren't enforced equaly

17. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's irony for ya: Big E decrying the lack of intelligence in the Politics forum :rolleyes:

18. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not really. :wink:

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I admire her talent, but Alanis sure fucked up a perfectly good word.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

First off... the name of the other thread you were trying to reference was called "The Return of the Week in Wingnuttery - Florida". There was no mentioning of the words "left" or "right" in the title or in my OP. So stop lying.

Secondly, for you to claim that you haven't seen any intelligent discussion in the Politics section is by far one of the biggest load of feces you've ever emitted around here. "Asif yor usal typig stylee is an indicatr of hoow supeerior you ar to othr thrded contrbituors?" :rolleyes:

Don't get mad that you don't have any friends in the Politics section who share your rather slanted, teabaggery political views.

Draft saved Draft deleted